Export Site Settings

shelane
I'm trying to do the export site settings on one of my servers because we're
going to upgrade the OS and I want to make sure I have this stuff backed up.
It just spins for a while before giving me this error message:

Error Message:  The file "/siteadmin.0.LassoApp" was not found or was
disabled due to security restrictions.
Error Code:  -9984

I've tried a few times now, same result. Before I would be accused of
insanity, I've stopped trying. Is there some place where permissions aren't
set correctly to cause this issue?

/Shelane

Re: Export Site Settings

Marc Pope-2
I'd recommend copying the entire Lasso folder which also has the SQL Lite database, it's more comprehensive than just getting the settings.

marc

On Mar 26, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Shelane Enos wrote:

> I'm trying to do the export site settings on one of my servers because we're
> going to upgrade the OS and I want to make sure I have this stuff backed up.
> It just spins for a while before giving me this error message:
>
> Error Message:  The file "/siteadmin.0.LassoApp" was not found or was
> disabled due to security restrictions.
> Error Code:  -9984
>
> I've tried a few times now, same result. Before I would be accused of
> insanity, I've stopped trying. Is there some place where permissions aren't
> set correctly to cause this issue?
>
> /Shelane

Re: Export Site Settings

Ke Carlton-3
Try doing so from serveradmin - if I recall correctly this has worked
for me in a similar situation. Just make sure your exporting the site
settings and not the sites...

Ke

On 26 Mar 2010, at 16:49, Shelane Enos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm trying to do the export site settings on one of my servers
> because we're
> going to upgrade the OS and I want to make sure I have this stuff
> backed up.
> It just spins for a while before giving me this error message:
>
> Error Message:  The file "/siteadmin.0.LassoApp" was not found or was
> disabled due to security restrictions.
> Error Code:  -9984
>
> I've tried a few times now, same result. Before I would be accused of
> insanity, I've stopped trying. Is there some place where permissions
> aren't
> set correctly to cause this issue?
>
> /Shelane

Re: Export Site Settings

shelane
Hmmm. Well attempting that just killed Lasso. That's not good.

On 3/26/10 10:05 AM, "Ke" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try doing so from serveradmin - if I recall correctly this has worked
> for me in a similar situation. Just make sure your exporting the site
> settings and not the sites...
>
> Ke
>
> On 26 Mar 2010, at 16:49, Shelane Enos <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to do the export site settings on one of my servers
>> because we're
>> going to upgrade the OS and I want to make sure I have this stuff
>> backed up.
>> It just spins for a while before giving me this error message:
>>
>> Error Message:  The file "/siteadmin.0.LassoApp" was not found or was
>> disabled due to security restrictions.
>> Error Code:  -9984
>>
>> I've tried a few times now, same result. Before I would be accused of
>> insanity, I've stopped trying. Is there some place where permissions
>> aren't
>> set correctly to cause this issue?
>>
>> /Shelane
>>

>> --
>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://*www.*LassoSoft.com/

> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://*www.*LassoSoft.com/

Re: Export Site Settings

Ke Carlton-3
Perhaps try stopping all of the sites first - if that's an option...

On 26 March 2010 17:14, Shelane Enos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmmm. Well attempting that just killed Lasso. That's not good.
>

> On 3/26/10 10:05 AM, "Ke" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Try doing so from serveradmin - if I recall correctly this has worked
> > for me in a similar situation. Just make sure your exporting the site
> > settings and not the sites...
> >
> > Ke
> >
> > On 26 Mar 2010, at 16:49, Shelane Enos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to do the export site settings on one of my servers
> >> because we're
> >> going to upgrade the OS and I want to make sure I have this stuff
> >> backed up.
> >> It just spins for a while before giving me this error message:
> >>
> >> Error Message:  The file "/siteadmin.0.LassoApp" was not found or was
> >> disabled due to security restrictions.
> >> Error Code:  -9984
> >>
> >> I've tried a few times now, same result. Before I would be accused of
> >> insanity, I've stopped trying. Is there some place where permissions
> >> aren't
> >> set correctly to cause this issue?
> >>
> >> /Shelane
> >>

> >> --
> >> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://*www.*LassoSoft.com/
> >>

> > --
> > This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://*www.*LassoSoft.com/

Re: Export Site Settings

Agreed.  Exporting settings omits things like file paths.
http://old.nabble.com/Help-with-transferring-Lasso-settings-td4738161.html#a4738566
http://old.nabble.com/HELP---URGENT-PROBLEM-td22208108.html#a22237889

--steve

On 3/26/10 at 12:58 PM, [hidden email] (Marc Pope) pronounced:

>I'd recommend copying the entire Lasso folder which also has
>the SQL Lite database, it's more comprehensive than just
>getting the settings.
>
>marc
>
>On Mar 26, 2010, at 12:49 PM, Shelane Enos wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to do the export site settings on one of my servers because we're
>>going to upgrade the OS and I want to make sure I have this stuff backed up.
>>It just spins for a while before giving me this error message:
>>
>>Error Message:  The file "/siteadmin.0.LassoApp" was not found or was
>>disabled due to security restrictions.
>>Error Code:  -9984
>>
>>I've tried a few times now, same result. Before I would be accused of
>>insanity, I've stopped trying. Is there some place where permissions aren't
>>set correctly to cause this issue?
>>
>>/Shelane
>>

>>--
>>This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

>This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
Soquel, CA