Error in web_request

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error in web_request

Jolle Carlestam-2
We are getting this error reported from time to time:

error_msg: Definition Not Found: null->getparts()
error_code: -9948

error_stack: 245:35 web_request.lasso
239:4 web_request.lasso
237:3 web_request.lasso
197:22 web_request.lasso
126:21 mypath/myfile.lasso

The call that triggers it is:
web_request -> param('msg’)

Since web_request.lasso is not part of the publicly available Lasso 9 code I ca’t see the failing code section.

Any clues on what could cause this and would it be possible to have a fix for it in web_request.lasso?

Lasso 9.6, Centos 5.something

HDB
Jolle
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error in web_request

Jolle Carlestam-2
5 jun 2014 kl. 09:01 skrev Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>:

Lasso 9.6, Centos 5.something

Hm, I know I am ahead of time a lot of times, but this is not one of them. Correct version should be 9.2.6…

HDB
Jolle
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error in web_request

stevepiercy
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
On 6/5/14 at 9:01 AM, [hidden email] (Jolle Carlestam) pronounced:

>We are getting this error reported from time to time:
>
>error_msg: Definition Not Found: null->getparts()
>error_code: -9948
>
>error_stack: 245:35 web_request.lasso
>239:4 web_request.lasso
>237:3 web_request.lasso
>197:22 web_request.lasso
>126:21 mypath/myfile.lasso
>
>The call that triggers it is:
>web_request -> param('msg’)

I see a curly quote in there.  Typo?

When I see "getparts", I think of multipart headers and MIME
types, i.e., file uploads, a la Java:
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getParts()

You might look in mypath/myfile.lasso for something along those lines.

There's also an entry in the Lasso Reference, but it is useless.
http://www.lassosoft.com/lassoDocs/languageReference/obj/mime_reader/getparts

--steve


>Since web_request.lasso is not part of the publicly available
>Lasso 9 code I ca’t see the failing code section.
>
>Any clues on what could cause this and would it be possible to
>have a fix for it in web_request.lasso?
>
>Lasso 9.6, Centos 5.something
>
>HDB
>Jolle
>#############################################################
>This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder              
Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error in web_request

Brad Lindsay
I'm with Steve on what it's probably doing - trying to parse MIME parts
of a post body. I'm wondering if what your seeing could be related to
something fixed in Lasso 9.2.7 - the change notes have an item listed
"Fixed - file uploads with forms that are not multipart"

Again, this is just a guess. If you can upgrade to 9.2.7, it would be
interesting to see if it exhibits the same behavior.


Brad


On 6/5/14, 5:33 AM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> On 6/5/14 at 9:01 AM, [hidden email] (Jolle Carlestam) pronounced:
>
>> We are getting this error reported from time to time:
>>
>> error_msg: Definition Not Found: null->getparts()
>> error_code: -9948
>>
>> error_stack: 245:35 web_request.lasso
>> 239:4 web_request.lasso
>> 237:3 web_request.lasso
>> 197:22 web_request.lasso
>> 126:21 mypath/myfile.lasso
>>
>> The call that triggers it is:
>> web_request -> param('msg’)
>
> I see a curly quote in there. Typo?
>
> When I see "getparts", I think of multipart headers and MIME types,
> i.e., file uploads, a la Java:
> http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest.html#getParts()
>
>
> You might look in mypath/myfile.lasso for something along those lines.
>
> There's also an entry in the Lasso Reference, but it is useless.
> http://www.lassosoft.com/lassoDocs/languageReference/obj/mime_reader/getparts
>
>
> --steve
>
>
>> Since web_request.lasso is not part of the publicly available Lasso 9
>> code I ca’t see the failing code section.
>>
>> Any clues on what could cause this and would it be possible to have a
>> fix for it in web_request.lasso?
>>
>> Lasso 9.6, Centos 5.something
>>
>> HDB
>> Jolle
>> #############################################################
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to <[hidden email]>
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy Web Site Builder Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]> <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to <[hidden email]>
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error in web_request

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by stevepiercy
5 jun 2014 kl. 11:33 skrev Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>:

The call that triggers it is:
web_request -> param('msg’)

I see a curly quote in there.  Typo?


’what is the qoute’

That must be a ’feature’ of Apple Mail.

Looks like it changes the straight quote to curly when pasting.
Oh, how I love applications that think for you. To bad they don’t have brain to think with…

Anyway, there’s nothing wrong with the quotes in the real code.

It’s possible that it has a connection with file uploads. But still, this is code that works. Only sometimes this eror pops up.
The form used looks like it has the multipart set. Here’s that part of the raw web_request: CONTENT_TYPE = multipart/form-data

HDB
Jolle

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error in web_request

Brad Lindsay
Just because it says it has the content type of a multi-part MIME body
doesn't mean the body data is actually properly split up with MIME
boundaries.

So when the change notes say "Fixed - file uploads with forms that are
not multipart", I guess the question is whether or not that means the
content type doesn't say multipart, or if the body being sent up isn't
actually multipart. I'm betting the latter only because why would file
uploads be initialized if the content-type didn't tell it to.

Have you been able to consistently reproduce the error? Does it occur
for a multi-part form that might take uploaded files and you only see it
when not uploading a file with it? (Or vice versa?)

Without really knowing more, it sounds like you've stumbled on a bug -
one that might be fixed in 9.2.7. If this is a bug that has been fixed
in 9.2.7 then the fix is to upgrade to 9.2.7

Brad

On 6/5/14, 10:55 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> 5 jun 2014 kl. 11:33 skrev Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder<[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> The call that triggers it is:
> web_request ->  param('msg’)
>
> I see a curly quote in there.  Typo?
>
>
> ’what is the qoute’
>
> That must be a ’feature’ of Apple Mail.
>
> Looks like it changes the straight quote to curly when pasting.
> Oh, how I love applications that think for you. To bad they don’t have brain to think with…
>
> Anyway, there’s nothing wrong with the quotes in the real code.
>
> It’s possible that it has a connection with file uploads. But still, this is code that works. Only sometimes this eror pops up.
> The form used looks like it has the multipart set. Here’s that part of the raw web_request: CONTENT_TYPE = multipart/form-data
>
> HDB
> Jolle
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>    the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to:<[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to<[hidden email]>
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error in web_request

Richard Taubo
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
On Jun 5, 2014, at 4:55 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That must be a ’feature’ of Apple Mail.
>
> Looks like it changes the straight quote to curly when pasting.
> Oh, how I love applications that think for you. To bad they don’t have brain to think with…

Yeah, it is annoying and I had to turn it off the other day (OS X 10.9.x):
        System Preferences > Keyboard > Text > Use smart quotes and dashes [off]

If you would like two hyphens -- to become a dash: —
you can set: Use smart quotes and dashes [on]
and select the (last) options:
        for Double Quotes: "abc"
        for Single Qutes: 'abc'

I guess two hyphens, --, was the equivalent of a —, dash, in the time of the writing machine,
and I find it sometimes useful as you don’t have to use the option key to type in the dash character.


Richard Taubo
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>