Eclipse - getting started

bfr00
I'm trying to get started with Lasso Studio for Eclipse.

Started a project, imported lasso source files for a basic project that
works.

Try to debug.

It says Launching Error - could not find the specified script file.

I have no idea what this means.

Re: Eclipse - getting started

Kyle Jessup

On May 19, 2005, at 4:28 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:

> I'm trying to get started with Lasso Studio for Eclipse.
>
> Started a project, imported lasso source files for a basic project
> that
> works.
>
> Try to debug.
>
> It says Launching Error - could not find the specified script file.
>
> I have no idea what this means.

It sounds like the Default File in your launch configuration is invalid.
Right click on the file you want to run, choose Run... Then select
the Lasso Script config from the list and pick a proper default file.

-K

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00

> On May 19, 2005, at 4:28 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get started with Lasso Studio for Eclipse.
>>
>> Started a project, imported lasso source files for a basic project
>> that
>> works.
>>
>> Try to debug.
>>
>> It says Launching Error - could not find the specified script file.
>>
>> I have no idea what this means.
>
> It sounds like the Default File in your launch configuration is invalid.
> Right click on the file you want to run, choose Run... Then select
> the Lasso Script config from the list and pick a proper default file.

That still doesn't mean anything. What is a proper default file?

There is another view that says "Source Not"

But that's all it says. Source not WHAT?

Re: Eclipse - getting started

Kyle Jessup

On May 19, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:

>> On May 19, 2005, at 4:28 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>>

>>> I'm trying to get started with Lasso Studio for Eclipse.
>>>
>>> Started a project, imported lasso source files for a basic project
>>> that
>>> works.
>>>
>>> Try to debug.
>>>
>>> It says Launching Error - could not find the specified script file.
>>>
>>> I have no idea what this means.
>>>

>> It sounds like the Default File in your launch configuration is
>> invalid.
>> Right click on the file you want to run, choose Run... Then select
>> the Lasso Script config from the list and pick a proper default file.
>>

> That still doesn't mean anything. What is a proper default file?

The default file is the file you want to run.
Alternately, you can just right click on the file you want to run and
pick "Lasso Script Run" - same process for Debug.
-K

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00
I can see that this may be a great tool once you get it working. But right
now I'm so fed up with it I could throw the whole thing out in the street.

It can't even get past line one of a file. There is an include statement and
it keeps saying can't find source. This is a set of files that work
perfectly in real life but Eclipse can't get past the first line.

Re: Eclipse - getting started

Kyle Jessup

On May 19, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:

> I can see that this may be a great tool once you get it working.
> But right
> now I'm so fed up with it I could throw the whole thing out in the
> street.
>
> It can't even get past line one of a file. There is an include
> statement and
> it keeps saying can't find source. This is a set of files that work
> perfectly in real life but Eclipse can't get past the first line.

You probably want to select the "Omit project name in file paths"
setting. It's in the Debugging tab.
-K

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00

> The default file is the file you want to run.
> Alternately, you can just right click on the file you want to run and
> pick "Lasso Script Run" - same process for Debug.
> -K

Nope. Then it says it doesn't know what the default file is. And doesn't
know what the source is and doesn't know anything.

I'm just trying to run an index.lasso file that starts out with some
lassoscript that does some includes.

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00

> On May 19, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>
>> I can see that this may be a great tool once you get it working.
>> But right
>> now I'm so fed up with it I could throw the whole thing out in the
>> street.
>>
>> It can't even get past line one of a file. There is an include
>> statement and
>> it keeps saying can't find source. This is a set of files that work
>> perfectly in real life but Eclipse can't get past the first line.
>
> You probably want to select the "Omit project name in file paths"
> setting. It's in the Debugging tab.
> -K

Makes no difference.

It still stops on line 1 and says "Source not"

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00

> On May 19, 2005, at 10:37 AM, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>
>> I can see that this may be a great tool once you get it working.
>> But right
>> now I'm so fed up with it I could throw the whole thing out in the
>> street.
>>
>> It can't even get past line one of a file. There is an include
>> statement and
>> it keeps saying can't find source. This is a set of files that work
>> perfectly in real life but Eclipse can't get past the first line.
>
> You probably want to select the "Omit project name in file paths"
> setting. It's in the Debugging tab.
> -K

Makes no difference.

It still stops on line 1 and says "Source not"

It displays a button labeled "Edit Source Lookup Paths"

It currently points to the project folder. I have no idea why it isn't happy
with that.

This  is some of the most frustrating and obtuse software I've ever dealt
with.

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00

It displays a button labeled "Edit Source Lookup Paths"

The word "lookup" does not exist in the Eclipse Studio Guide.

Re: Eclipse - getting started

Kyle Jessup
On May 19, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Bruce Robertson wrote:
> It displays a button labeled "Edit Source Lookup Paths"
>
> The word "lookup" does not exist in the Eclipse Studio Guide.

It appears many times in the Eclipse help system. The mechanism which
you are looking at right now is Eclipse itself and not something that
we wrote for Studio.

I would suggest trying to simply your test page down to the trivial

<?LassoScript
     date;
?>

in order to determine what the underlying problem is.
Can you Run (right click the file - Run > Lasso Script Run) a page
like that correctly?

-K

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00
> On May 19, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>> It displays a button labeled "Edit Source Lookup Paths"
>>
>> The word "lookup" does not exist in the Eclipse Studio Guide.
>
> It appears many times in the Eclipse help system. The mechanism which
> you are looking at right now is Eclipse itself and not something that
> we wrote for Studio.
>
> I would suggest trying to simply your test page down to the trivial
>
> <?LassoScript
>    date;
> ?>
>
> in order to determine what the underlying problem is.
> Can you Run (right click the file - Run > Lasso Script Run) a page
> like that correctly?

Run or debug?

Yes, I can run it.

But if I try to debug it, I get the same problem.
"Source Not"
Button: Edit Source Lookup Path

Re: Eclipse - getting started

bfr00
> On May 19, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>> It displays a button labeled "Edit Source Lookup Paths"
>>
>> The word "lookup" does not exist in the Eclipse Studio Guide.
>
> It appears many times in the Eclipse help system. The mechanism which
> you are looking at right now is Eclipse itself and not something that
> we wrote for Studio.
>
> I would suggest trying to simply your test page down to the trivial
>
> <?LassoScript
>    date;
> ?>
>
> in order to determine what the underlying problem is.
> Can you Run (right click the file - Run > Lasso Script Run) a page
> like that correctly?

Run or debug?

Yes, I can run it.

But if I try to debug it, I get the same problem.
"Source Not"
Button: Edit Source Lookup Path

What is it looking for?