Quantcast

Displaying earlier content on data validation fail

Displaying earlier content on data validation fail

Jason Pettis-2
Hi,
I'm setting up a registration form with a couple steps. First, the user enters a registration number. If that's validated, then the user enters contact info - name, email, password - and the form is submitted and goes through the usual Knop action, config, library, content.

During the action, I'm checking to see if the e-mail is already in the system. If it's not, the registration continues, new records are created, and the new user is authenticated. If the e-mail address exists, I'd like to return the user to the enter contact info form.

The contact info form has as the target results page a "full contact info" page that's available once authenticated, but if the initial e-mail check fails there's no authentication and the results page goes back to the login page, and essentially makes the user start over.

How do I get the form/action/path to display the profile form, instead of going all the way back to the login page?

Thanks!
-Jason Pettis

Re: Displaying earlier content on data validation fail

stevepiercy
In your action file, perform the check for email and if there is
none, then redirect to the profile form.

For a wizard-y approach, see this thread:
http://lasso.2283332.n4.nabble.com/Techniques-for-Sequence-of-Pages-tt3158907.html#a3158911

--steve

On 7/24/12 at 10:53 AM, [hidden email] (Jason Pettis) pronounced:

>Hi,
>I'm setting up a registration form with a couple steps. First, the user
>enters a registration number. If that's validated, then the user enters
>contact info - name, email, password - and the form is submitted and goes
>through the usual Knop action, config, library, content.
>
>During the action, I'm checking to see if the e-mail is already in the
>system. If it's not, the registration continues, new records are created,
>and the new user is authenticated. If the e-mail address exists, I'd like
>to return the user to the enter contact info form.
>
>The contact info form has as the target results page a "full contact info"
>page that's available once authenticated, but if the initial e-mail check
>fails there's no authentication and the results page goes back to the login
>page, and essentially makes the user start over.
>
>How do I get the form/action/path to display the profile form, instead of
>going all the way back to the login page?
>
>Thanks!
>-Jason Pettis

-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
Soquel, CA