Detail link in new window

Bryce Smith
I am using Lasso Pro 8. Is it possible to have a detail link appear in
a new browser window? I used to do this with Lasso 3. Cannot find a
-parameter to do this in the LDML ref or the manual.  Thanks for any
help.
-Bryce

Re: Detail link in new window

John Torres
Could you be more specific?

From what I can briefly put together from your question the answer is yes.
Your best bet is to use a simple JavaScript to open a new window through the
link, just pass parameters through your URL.

You may want to save the field you want to us as variables so you can carry
them in the URL from page to page.

Or if you just want 1 page to display your detail link(s) just add a new
Inline to bring through the data you want displayed and linked.

John J. Torres
The Ohio State University
Phone: 614.294.3147 Fax: 614.294.6818
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Detail link in new window

Bryce Smith
I have an inline which creates a columnar list of items in a table with
each record being one row of the table. One field in each row is the
item number. I am using the item number as a link to open a detail
page.

[link_detail: -Table='detail', -Response='custdetail.lasso'][Field:
'ITEM NO'][/Link_Detail]

This works fine but I want to spawn a new "_blank" browser window for
the detail info.
My much older Lasso 3 detail link did this and looked like...

target="_blank">[field:THIS RECORD]</a>

Is there an additional parameter in Lasso 8 which would allow me to
specify the detail (response) page should appear in a new browser
window?

> Could you be more specific?
>
> From what I can briefly put together from your question the answer is
> yes.
> Your best bet is to use a simple JavaScript to open a new window
> through the
> link, just pass parameters through your URL.
>
> You may want to save the field you want to us as variables so you can
> carry
> them in the URL from page to page.
>
> Or if you just want 1 page to display your detail link(s) just add a
> new
> Inline to bring through the data you want displayed and linked.
>
> John J. Torres
> The Ohio State University
> Phone: 614.294.3147 Fax: 614.294.6818
> Email: [hidden email]

Re: Detail link in new window

Adam Randall
You want [Link_DetailURL].

<http://ldml.omnipilot.com/LDMLReference.0.LassoApp?tag=304>

Adam.

On Jun 3, 2005, at 4:11 PM, Bryce Smith wrote:

> I have an inline which creates a columnar list of items in a table
> with each record being one row of the table. One field in each row
> is the item number. I am using the item number as a link to open a
> detail page.
>
> [link_detail: -Table='detail', -Response='custdetail.lasso'][Field:
> 'ITEM NO'][/Link_Detail]
>
> This works fine but I want to spawn a new "_blank" browser window
> for the detail info.
> My much older Lasso 3 detail link did this and looked like...

> target="_blank">[field:THIS RECORD]</a>
>
> Is there an additional parameter in Lasso 8 which would allow me to
> specify the detail (response) page should appear in a new browser
> window?
>

>> Could you be more specific?
>>
>> From what I can briefly put together from your question the answer
>> is yes.
>> Your best bet is to use a simple JavaScript to open a new window
>> through the
>> link, just pass parameters through your URL.
>>
>> You may want to save the field you want to us as variables so you
>> can carry
>> them in the URL from page to page.
>>
>> Or if you just want 1 page to display your detail link(s) just add
>> a new
>> Inline to bring through the data you want displayed and linked.
>>
>> John J. Torres
>> The Ohio State University
>> Phone: 614.294.3147 Fax: 614.294.6818
>> Email: [hidden email]