Dates for email headers uses wrong locale

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dates for email headers uses wrong locale

Jolle Carlestam-2
12 jan. 2015 kl. 17:23 skrev Bil Corry <[hidden email]>:
>
> In any event, anywhere where dates are used for headers (email, cache,
> cookies, etc), LassoSoft should force the US locale.
>
>
> - Bil

I am bringing back to life a thread that is more than a year old. Back then it was a discovery that Lasso did not enforce US locale when setting dates used in cookies. Resulting in cookies that happened to have an expiry date on a Saturday (lördag), Sunday, (söndag) or Monday (måndag) failed.

Now I’m discovering that the same goes for emails sent by Lasso. Lasso adds a date header that will use the wrong locale resulting in some email servers refusing to deal with the emails since the format is wrong.

Here’s how it can turn out:
X-Amavis-Alert: BAD HEADER SECTION, Non-encoded non-ASCII data (and not UTF-8)
        (char E5 hex): Date: m\x{E5}n, 9 maj 2016 1[…]
The "m\x{E5}n” should be ”Mon” and not the Swedish version mån.

Would be nice with a fix for this as it, for the moment, results in email sending fails on three days in the week.

HDB
Jolle

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dates for email headers uses wrong locale

Bil Corry-3
> Would be nice with a fix for this as it, for the moment, results in email
sending fails on three days in the week.

You say it fails three days a week, I say it works four days a week!


- Bil

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 12 jan. 2015 kl. 17:23 skrev Bil Corry <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > In any event, anywhere where dates are used for headers (email, cache,
> > cookies, etc), LassoSoft should force the US locale.
> >
> >
> > - Bil
>
> I am bringing back to life a thread that is more than a year old. Back
> then it was a discovery that Lasso did not enforce US locale when setting
> dates used in cookies. Resulting in cookies that happened to have an expiry
> date on a Saturday (lördag), Sunday, (söndag) or Monday (måndag) failed.
>
> Now I’m discovering that the same goes for emails sent by Lasso. Lasso
> adds a date header that will use the wrong locale resulting in some email
> servers refusing to deal with the emails since the format is wrong.
>
> Here’s how it can turn out:
> X-Amavis-Alert: BAD HEADER SECTION, Non-encoded non-ASCII data (and not
> UTF-8)
>         (char E5 hex): Date: m\x{E5}n, 9 maj 2016 1[…]
> The "m\x{E5}n” should be ”Mon” and not the Swedish version mån.
>
> Would be nice with a fix for this as it, for the moment, results in email
> sending fails on three days in the week.
>
> HDB
> Jolle
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Dates for email headers uses wrong locale

stevepiercy
My watch works twice a day!

--steve


On 5/12/16 at 7:25 PM, [hidden email] (Bil Corry) pronounced:

> > Would be nice with a fix for this as it, for the moment, results in email
> sending fails on three days in the week.
>
> You say it fails three days a week, I say it works four days a week!
>
>
> - Bil
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > 12 jan. 2015 kl. 17:23 skrev Bil Corry <[hidden email]>:
> > >
> > > In any event, anywhere where dates are used for headers (email, cache,
> > > cookies, etc), LassoSoft should force the US locale.
> > >
> > >
> > > - Bil
> >
> > I am bringing back to life a thread that is more than a year old. Back
> > then it was a discovery that Lasso did not enforce US locale when setting
> > dates used in cookies. Resulting in cookies that happened to have an expiry
> > date on a Saturday (lördag), Sunday, (söndag) or Monday (måndag) failed.
> >
> > Now I’m discovering that the same goes for emails sent by Lasso. Lasso
> > adds a date header that will use the wrong locale resulting in some email
> > servers refusing to deal with the emails since the format is wrong.
> >
> > Here’s how it can turn out:
> > X-Amavis-Alert: BAD HEADER SECTION, Non-encoded non-ASCII data (and not
> > UTF-8)
> >         (char E5 hex): Date: m\x{E5}n, 9 maj 2016 1[…]
> > The "m\x{E5}n” should be ”Mon” and not the Swedish version mån.
> >
> > Would be nice with a fix for this as it, for the moment, results in email
> > sending fails on three days in the week.
> >
> > HDB
> > Jolle
> >
> > #############################################################
> >
> > This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> >   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> > Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> > To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> > Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
> #############################################################
>
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>   the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Steve Piercy              Website Builder              Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>               <http://www.stevepiercy.com/>


#############################################################

This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>