Cyrillic text in MySql DB table

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cyrillic text in MySql DB table

Francesco Badaloni
Hi All,

we can not in any way get a MySql table accept Cyrillic text.
The text is not coded right. What we get is questions marks for any cyrillic char.

????????? ???????? ?? / ? ????? ????, 1-8 pax, ????????? ??????, Van

The DB is:
Default Character Set: utf8
Default Collation: utf8_general_ci

The table is:
Default Character Set: utf8
Default Collation: utf8_general_ci

On Lasso Administration the table is:
UTF-8 (Unicode)

This is the simple inline:

[inline: -database='DB', -table='table', -keyfield='ID', -add, 'field_one'=($ID_cliente), 'field_two'=($a)]
[/inline]

Thanks in advance for any help

francesco




#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyrillic text in MySql DB table

Tim Taplin
can you provide the cyrillic text? what happens if you insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, using a client like Sequel Pro or Navicat?

Assuming that the text is collected from a form, and field_two is the text?

Are you seeing the question marks in the table directly? or when you retrieve the text? or both?

Not sure if I have any answers but perhaps a few more details will more people involved in the discussion.

Tim Taplin

On Jun 4, 2014, at 5:28 AM, Francesco Badaloni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> we can not in any way get a MySql table accept Cyrillic text.
> The text is not coded right. What we get is questions marks for any cyrillic char.
>
> ????????? ???????? ?? / ? ????? ????, 1-8 pax, ????????? ??????, Van
>
> The DB is:
> Default Character Set: utf8
> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>
> The table is:
> Default Character Set: utf8
> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>
> On Lasso Administration the table is:
> UTF-8 (Unicode)
>
> This is the simple inline:
>
> [inline: -database='DB', -table='table', -keyfield='ID', -add, 'field_one'=($ID_cliente), 'field_two'=($a)]
> [/inline]
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> francesco
>
>
>
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyrillic text in MySql DB table

James Harvard
In reply to this post by Francesco Badaloni
OK, so it looks like the Lasso <--> MySQL part of the equation is all UTF-8, which is good, but there's still the browser <--> HTTP server <--> Lasso links.

Check the charset of the web pages (both text in and text out, of course), which can be set in either HTTP header or <meta> tag. It's possible your browser can be set 'client-side' to use a particular charset. You could debug the 'text out' side first by inserting Cyrillic text into the database from a GUI db client and checking that shows on the web page correctly. For submitting text, HTML forms can take an accept-charset attribute; your browser's developer tools may help here.

Good luck,
James

On 4 Jun 2014, at 12:28, Francesco Badaloni wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> we can not in any way get a MySql table accept Cyrillic text.
> The text is not coded right. What we get is questions marks for any cyrillic char.
>
> ????????? ???????? ?? / ? ????? ????, 1-8 pax, ????????? ??????, Van
>
> The DB is:
> Default Character Set: utf8
> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>
> The table is:
> Default Character Set: utf8
> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>
> On Lasso Administration the table is:
> UTF-8 (Unicode)
>
> This is the simple inline:
>
> [inline: -database='DB', -table='table', -keyfield='ID', -add, 'field_one'=($ID_cliente), 'field_two'=($a)]
> [/inline]
>
> Thanks in advance for any help
>
> francesco

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyrillic text in MySql DB table

Francesco Badaloni
In reply to this post by Tim Taplin
Hi Tim,

if I insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, (using Navicat), the result is the same.
I see the question marks in the table directly.

this is an example:

Трансфер из аэропорта Фьюмичино (FCO) в Рим, 1-3 pax,  Приватный сервис, Van/Sedan

the text is stored in a "var" in session and then stored in field_two.
then I put it in a PDF and the question marks disappear.

What I get is the following:

(FCO)  , 1-3 pax, , Van/Sedan

francesco
   
Il giorno 04/giu/2014, alle ore 13:46, Tim Taplin ha scritto:

> can you provide the cyrillic text? what happens if you insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, using a client like Sequel Pro or Navicat?
>
> Assuming that the text is collected from a form, and field_two is the text?
>
> Are you seeing the question marks in the table directly? or when you retrieve the text? or both?
>
> Not sure if I have any answers but perhaps a few more details will more people involved in the discussion.
>
> Tim Taplin
>
> On Jun 4, 2014, at 5:28 AM, Francesco Badaloni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> we can not in any way get a MySql table accept Cyrillic text.
>> The text is not coded right. What we get is questions marks for any cyrillic char.
>>
>> ????????? ???????? ?? / ? ????? ????, 1-8 pax, ????????? ??????, Van
>>
>> The DB is:
>> Default Character Set: utf8
>> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>>
>> The table is:
>> Default Character Set: utf8
>> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>>
>> On Lasso Administration the table is:
>> UTF-8 (Unicode)
>>
>> This is the simple inline:
>>
>> [inline: -database='DB', -table='table', -keyfield='ID', -add, 'field_one'=($ID_cliente), 'field_two'=($a)]
>> [/inline]
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help
>>
>> francesco
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> #############################################################
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyrillic text in MySql DB table

Jonathan Guthrie-3
Francesco,

Take a look at:
http://www.lassotalk.com/Re-Cyrillic-text-in-MySql-DB-table.lasso?275227
This is your message you just sent, and the cyrillic characters are displaying fine...
The reason I point this out is that that is also stored in MySQL.

I'm not sure whats going on if you have entered the cyrillic characters direct via Navicat and yet in Navicat you see ???'s

If it were an issue of display, I'd also be suggesting checking the BOM of the display file, but it seems from what you say it's actually the storage in MySQL?

Jono


On Jun 4, 2014, at 8:13 AM, Francesco Badaloni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> if I insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, (using Navicat), the result is the same.
> I see the question marks in the table directly.
>
> this is an example:
>
> Трансфер из аэропорта Фьюмичино (FCO) в Рим, 1-3 pax,  Приватный сервис, Van/Sedan
>
> the text is stored in a "var" in session and then stored in field_two.
> then I put it in a PDF and the question marks disappear.
>
> What I get is the following:
>
> (FCO)  , 1-3 pax, , Van/Sedan
>
> francesco

Jono

----------------------------
Jonathan Guthrie
[hidden email]
@iamjono
LassoSoft Inc.
AIM Chatroom: lassochat

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyrillic text in MySql DB table

Tim Taplin
In reply to this post by Francesco Badaloni
I took your text and pasted into a testing mysql table that was on my server, it appears to display fine. In looking for possible explanations, I'm thinking that you should double check the structure for possible field or column level encoding settings

In sequel pro, when I look at the table structure, it will show me the encoding on a per column basis and allow for that default encoding to be overwritten. I cant think of a reason that this would happen without some specific intentional change being made, but its worth taking a look at on your table.

Tim Taplin

On Jun 4, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Francesco Badaloni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> if I insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, (using Navicat), the result is the same.
> I see the question marks in the table directly.
>
> this is an example:
>
> Трансфер из аэропорта Фьюмичино (FCO) в Рим, 1-3 pax,  Приватный сервис, Van/Sedan
>
> the text is stored in a "var" in session and then stored in field_two.
> then I put it in a PDF and the question marks disappear.
>
> What I get is the following:
>
> (FCO)  , 1-3 pax, , Van/Sedan
>
> francesco
>
> Il giorno 04/giu/2014, alle ore 13:46, Tim Taplin ha scritto:
>
>> can you provide the cyrillic text? what happens if you insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, using a client like Sequel Pro or Navicat?
>>
>> Assuming that the text is collected from a form, and field_two is the text?
>>
>> Are you seeing the question marks in the table directly? or when you retrieve the text? or both?
>>
>> Not sure if I have any answers but perhaps a few more details will more people involved in the discussion.
>>
>> Tim Taplin
>>
>> On Jun 4, 2014, at 5:28 AM, Francesco Badaloni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> we can not in any way get a MySql table accept Cyrillic text.
>>> The text is not coded right. What we get is questions marks for any cyrillic char.
>>>
>>> ????????? ???????? ?? / ? ????? ????, 1-8 pax, ????????? ??????, Van
>>>
>>> The DB is:
>>> Default Character Set: utf8
>>> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>>>
>>> The table is:
>>> Default Character Set: utf8
>>> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>>>
>>> On Lasso Administration the table is:
>>> UTF-8 (Unicode)
>>>
>>> This is the simple inline:
>>>
>>> [inline: -database='DB', -table='table', -keyfield='ID', -add, 'field_one'=($ID_cliente), 'field_two'=($a)]
>>> [/inline]
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any help
>>>
>>> francesco
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> #############################################################
>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>>
>> #############################################################
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cyrillic text in MySql DB table (NEWS)

Francesco Badaloni
Hi All,

I downloaded Sequel Pro (thanks Tim), I found out that in Sequel Pro and PhpMyAdmin the cyrillic chars display correctly.
On Navicat I just get question marks…

Now the problem is when I print to PDF, here is some code from the page (BOM ok!):

"…….

[Var: 'Font_06'=(PDF_Font: -Face='helvetica', -Size=9, -Encoding='utf8')]
…….
[inline: -database='DB', -table='table', -keyfield='ID', -search, -maxrecords='all', 'ID_cliente'=($ID_cliente)]

[var: 'posizione_top' = '235']

[records]

[var: 'cyrillic_text' = (field: 'field_two')]

[$pdfvoucher->(DrawText: $cyrillic_text, -Font=$Font_06, -Left=45.0, -Top=$posizione_top)]

[var: 'posizione_top' = (math_add: (Integer: ($posizione_top)), 15)]

[/records]

[/inline]"

but I get only:
"(FCO)  , 1-3 pax, , Van/Sedan"
with no cyrillic chars.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks again

francesco

Il giorno 04/giu/2014, alle ore 14:31, Tim Taplin ha scritto:

> I took your text and pasted into a testing mysql table that was on my server, it appears to display fine. In looking for possible explanations, I'm thinking that you should double check the structure for possible field or column level encoding settings
>
> In sequel pro, when I look at the table structure, it will show me the encoding on a per column basis and allow for that default encoding to be overwritten. I cant think of a reason that this would happen without some specific intentional change being made, but its worth taking a look at on your table.
>
> Tim Taplin
>
> On Jun 4, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Francesco Badaloni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> if I insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, (using Navicat), the result is the same.
>> I see the question marks in the table directly.
>>
>> this is an example:
>>
>> Трансфер из аэропорта Фьюмичино (FCO) в Рим, 1-3 pax,  Приватный сервис, Van/Sedan
>>
>> the text is stored in a "var" in session and then stored in field_two.
>> then I put it in a PDF and the question marks disappear.
>>
>> What I get is the following:
>>
>> (FCO)  , 1-3 pax, , Van/Sedan
>>
>> francesco
>>
>> Il giorno 04/giu/2014, alle ore 13:46, Tim Taplin ha scritto:
>>
>>> can you provide the cyrillic text? what happens if you insert the cyrillic characters directly to the mysql table, using a client like Sequel Pro or Navicat?
>>>
>>> Assuming that the text is collected from a form, and field_two is the text?
>>>
>>> Are you seeing the question marks in the table directly? or when you retrieve the text? or both?
>>>
>>> Not sure if I have any answers but perhaps a few more details will more people involved in the discussion.
>>>
>>> Tim Taplin
>>>
>>> On Jun 4, 2014, at 5:28 AM, Francesco Badaloni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi All,
>>>>
>>>> we can not in any way get a MySql table accept Cyrillic text.
>>>> The text is not coded right. What we get is questions marks for any cyrillic char.
>>>>
>>>> ????????? ???????? ?? / ? ????? ????, 1-8 pax, ????????? ??????, Van
>>>>
>>>> The DB is:
>>>> Default Character Set: utf8
>>>> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>>>>
>>>> The table is:
>>>> Default Character Set: utf8
>>>> Default Collation: utf8_general_ci
>>>>
>>>> On Lasso Administration the table is:
>>>> UTF-8 (Unicode)
>>>>
>>>> This is the simple inline:
>>>>
>>>> [inline: -database='DB', -table='table', -keyfield='ID', -add, 'field_one'=($ID_cliente), 'field_two'=($a)]
>>>> [/inline]
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance for any help
>>>>
>>>> francesco
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> #############################################################
>>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>>>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> #############################################################
>>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>>
>> #############################################################
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>> the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
>> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
> Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso [hidden email]
Official list archives available at http://www.lassotalk.com
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>