Crazy Netscape Cookie Problem

Grubic, James
I am experiencing a really bizarre problem with cookies.

I have this survey system set up to set and read a cookie to make sure
that people get into the survey through the entry page. If the cookie is
not set, they get a message telling them so.

The survey page itself has the code:

[if: cookie:'esu123'=='allow']

If this condition is not met, then they see a 'sorry' message. I've put
in [cookie:'esu123'] to test the actual value of the cookie if present.

It works flawlessly on my Mozilla 1.7.6 and on many other machines.

However, a few people...some with Netscape 7.2 and some with earlier
versions of Mozilla...seem to have a problem. The cookie does not return
the 'allow' value despite the fact that it is correct in the Cookie
Manager. It is the weirdest thing. I've checked and reset cookie
settings and permissions on their browser. This does not seem to be
platform specific as it has happened on OSX and W2K. However - the
cookie conditional does work correctly in Explorer on the same machines.

Could this possibly be a Lasso problem? I am running Lasso 7.1.2 on the
server (we couldn't upgrade to 7.1.3 because we couldn't get it to work
with our Filemaker). Is there a known bug in some early Mozilla/Netscape
browsers that could be causing this?

Thanks for any input.

James

Re: Crazy Netscape Cookie Problem

Grubic, James
A followup...

I wrote a basic PHP script to read the cookie that was set. It is there,
and it is correctly read by PHP. It just won't be read by Lasso via
Netscape for some reason.

So, if I may draw conclusions, it sounds like a bug in this version of
Lasso and how it interacts with Netscape.

I've read some of the old support issues on this subject over the past
couple of years. Does anyone have a decent workaround? Does v7.1.3 have
this problem? Does v8.x.x have this problem?

James

Re: Crazy Netscape Cookie Problem

Adam Randall
There's no known issues with cookies currently in Lasso. To see how
the data is coming back, you can use the client_headers tag. If
there's a cookie in there, and lasso's not reading it, send the
information to [hidden email].

Adam.

--
Adam Randall <[hidden email]>