Coda 1.5

jasonhuck
Panic has released Coda 1.5: http://www.panic.com/coda/

It's a free upgrade for users of 1.0, includes Subversion support and
a slew of other new features.

Oh, and Lasso syntaxing coloring is built in. Chalk up another one. :)

- jason

--
tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
<http://tagSwap.net/>

Re: Coda 1.5

Lieven Gekiere-2
This is naaiz,

To add a custom Lasso book enter the following details :

**************
Book Title : Lasso
Book URL : http://reference.lassosoft.com
Cover Image : Use the image at :
http://www.lassosoft.com/Graphics/LassoSoft_MiniLogo_White.png
Use For Mode : LassoScript-HTML
Search URL : http://reference.lassosoft.com/Reference.LassoApp?*
**************

Works like a charm !

Lieven

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Jason Huck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Panic has released Coda 1.5: http://www.panic.com/coda/
>
> It's a free upgrade for users of 1.0, includes Subversion support and
> a slew of other new features.
>
> Oh, and Lasso syntaxing coloring is built in. Chalk up another one. :)
>
> - jason
>

> --
> tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
> <http://tagSwap.net/>

Re: Coda 1.5

This was the one feature I could not do without:

    Find across files. You can now find and replace text across
    multiple local files — open files, files in a specific folder,
    or the files in your "site" — using the same sleek, inline
    search bar you know and love.

Now that it is in Coda 1.5, I'll have to give it another look.

Are there still things in BBEdit that Coda lacks, and vice versa?

--steve

On Tuesday, August 26, 2008, [hidden email] (Jason Huck) pronounced:

>Panic has released Coda 1.5: http://www.panic.com/coda/
>
>It's a free upgrade for users of 1.0, includes Subversion support and
>a slew of other new features.
>
>Oh, and Lasso syntaxing coloring is built in. Chalk up another one. :)
>
>- jason
>

>--
>tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
><http://tagSwap.net/>

Re: Coda 1.5

Bil Corry-3
Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote on 8/26/2008 3:48 PM:
> This was the one feature I could not do without:
>
>     Find across files. You can now find and replace text across
>     multiple local files — open files, files in a specific folder,
>     or the files in your "site" — using the same sleek, inline
>     search bar you know and love.
>
> Now that it is in Coda 1.5, I'll have to give it another look.

Eclipse can do this; I agree, it's a must-have feature.

Re: Coda 1.5

Steffan A. Cline
on 8/26/08 1:25 PM, Jason Huck at [hidden email] wrote:

> Panic has released Coda 1.5: http://www.panic.com/coda/
>
> It's a free upgrade for users of 1.0, includes Subversion support and
> a slew of other new features.
>
> Oh, and Lasso syntaxing coloring is built in. Chalk up another one. :)
>
> - jason

The coloring works although not 100% right. It uses the new Syntax Coloring
code from SubEthaEdit that supports nested languages, something that BBEdit
does NOT!! I suck at regular expressions but I hope that surely someone here
can take care of that. I'd be more than happy to test for whomever would
like to give it a shot.

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : [hidden email]
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Re: Coda 1.5

Randy Phillips-2
I miss the simple floating html palettes  that are in BBEdit. Simple
things like being able to highlight a url and click Anchor or
highlight some text and click Bold and have the html inserted. You can
roll your own in Coda with the clips palette but with BBEdit that
stuff is native and there's a lot of it. As far as I can tell that all
has to be recreated in Coda using clips.

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> This was the one feature I could not do without:
>
>    Find across files. You can now find and replace text across
>    multiple local files — open files, files in a specific folder,
>    or the files in your "site" — using the same sleek, inline
>    search bar you know and love.
>
> Now that it is in Coda 1.5, I'll have to give it another look.
>
> Are there still things in BBEdit that Coda lacks, and vice versa?
>
> --steve
>

> On Tuesday, August 26, 2008, [hidden email] (Jason Huck) pronounced:
>
>>Panic has released Coda 1.5: http://www.panic.com/coda/
>>
>>It's a free upgrade for users of 1.0, includes Subversion support and
>>a slew of other new features.
>>
>>Oh, and Lasso syntaxing coloring is built in. Chalk up another one. :)
>>
>>- jason
>>

>>--
>>tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
>><http://tagSwap.net/>
>>

> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Rp

Re: Coda 1.5

stevepiercy
ew.  Ya, I could not do without that.  The HTML palette functionality in BBEdit is a must-have.

I'm surprised that Coda would not include that functionality as a basic feature.

--steve

On Wednesday, August 27, 2008, [hidden email] (Randy Phillips) pronounced:

>I miss the simple floating html palettes  that are in BBEdit. Simple
>things like being able to highlight a url and click Anchor or
>highlight some text and click Bold and have the html inserted. You can
>roll your own in Coda with the clips palette but with BBEdit that
>stuff is native and there's a lot of it. As far as I can tell that all
>has to be recreated in Coda using clips.
>
>On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This was the one feature I could not do without:
>>
>>    Find across files. You can now find and replace text across
>>    multiple local files — open files, files in a specific folder,
>>    or the files in your "site" — using the same sleek, inline
>>    search bar you know and love.
>>
>> Now that it is in Coda 1.5, I'll have to give it another look.
>>
>> Are there still things in BBEdit that Coda lacks, and vice versa?
>>
>> --steve
>>

>> On Tuesday, August 26, 2008, [hidden email] (Jason Huck) pronounced:
>>
>>>Panic has released Coda 1.5: http://www.panic.com/coda/
>>>
>>>It's a free upgrade for users of 1.0, includes Subversion support and
>>>a slew of other new features.
>>>
>>>Oh, and Lasso syntaxing coloring is built in. Chalk up another one. :)
>>>
>>>- jason
>>>

>>>--
>>>tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
>>><http://tagSwap.net/>
>>>

>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

>Rp

Re: Coda 1.5

decorior
Does anyone have subversion running with coda yet?

I must be doing something wrong :-)

Deco
On Aug 27, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> ew.  Ya, I could not do without that.  The HTML palette
> functionality in BBEdit is a must-have.
>
> I'm surprised that Coda would not include that functionality as a
> basic feature.
>
> --steve
>

> On Wednesday, August 27, 2008, [hidden email] (Randy Phillips)
> pronounced:
>
>> I miss the simple floating html palettes  that are in BBEdit. Simple
>> things like being able to highlight a url and click Anchor or
>> highlight some text and click Bold and have the html inserted. You
>> can
>> roll your own in Coda with the clips palette but with BBEdit that
>> stuff is native and there's a lot of it. As far as I can tell that
>> all
>> has to be recreated in Coda using clips.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This was the one feature I could not do without:
>>>
>>>   Find across files. You can now find and replace text across
>>>   multiple local files — open files, files in a specific folder,
>>>   or the files in your "site" — using the same sleek, inline
>>>   search bar you know and love.
>>>
>>> Now that it is in Coda 1.5, I'll have to give it another look.
>>>
>>> Are there still things in BBEdit that Coda lacks, and vice versa?
>>>
>>> --steve
>>>

>>> On Tuesday, August 26, 2008, [hidden email] (Jason Huck)
>>> pronounced:

>>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>
>>>
>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

>> Rp
>>

> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: Coda 1.5

bfr00
FWIW it appears that the script menu doesn't work at all; at least for me.

 --
Bruce Robertson
Concise Design

Re: Coda 1.5

Tim Taplin

I got SVN working but I just setup a basic svnserve daemon on a
server on my local network to test with and am still working thru
some config issues. I couldn't get an svnX client to connect either.
I had to set full anonymous access on the svn server  but that's just
me working out how to use the config file syntax in svn. Once I
opened up, Coda talked as clearly as svnX. I like having it
integrated in the way they have it done. several different ways to
access the commands depending on how you work.

Either the site directory you are working with needs to already be a
working copy or you will have to check out a new copy in the site
edit window. I had to create a new location for the checkout since it
wouldn't let me overwrite the files in the current site directory
with the files being checked out from svn. I'm sure that's
intentional svn behavior.

Tim Taplin

On Aug 27, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Deco Rior wrote:

> Does anyone have subversion running with coda yet?
>
> I must be doing something wrong :-)
>
> Deco
> On Aug 27, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>
>> ew.  Ya, I could not do without that.  The HTML palette
>> functionality in BBEdit is a must-have.
>>
>> I'm surprised that Coda would not include that functionality as a
>> basic feature.
>>
>> --steve
>>

>> On Wednesday, August 27, 2008, [hidden email] (Randy Phillips)
>> pronounced:
>>
>>> I miss the simple floating html palettes  that are in BBEdit. Simple
>>> things like being able to highlight a url and click Anchor or
>>> highlight some text and click Bold and have the html inserted.
>>> You can
>>> roll your own in Coda with the clips palette but with BBEdit that
>>> stuff is native and there's a lot of it. As far as I can tell
>>> that all
>>> has to be recreated in Coda using clips.

>>> --
>>> Rp
>>>

>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Re: Coda 1.5

my directory is already a working copy, so I just need to figure it out.

Deco
On Aug 27, 2008, at 10:01 PM, Tim Taplin wrote:

> I got SVN working but I just setup a basic svnserve daemon on a
> server on my local network to test with and am still working thru
> some config issues. I couldn't get an svnX client to connect either.
> I had to set full anonymous access on the svn server  but that's
> just me working out how to use the config file syntax in svn. Once I
> opened up, Coda talked as clearly as svnX. I like having it
> integrated in the way they have it done. several different ways to
> access the commands depending on how you work.
>
> Either the site directory you are working with needs to already be a
> working copy or you will have to check out a new copy in the site
> edit window. I had to create a new location for the checkout since
> it wouldn't let me overwrite the files in the current site directory
> with the files being checked out from svn. I'm sure that's
> intentional svn behavior.
>
> Tim Taplin
>
> On Aug 27, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Deco Rior wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have subversion running with coda yet?
>>
>> I must be doing something wrong :-)
>>
>> Deco
>> On Aug 27, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>>
>>> ew.  Ya, I could not do without that.  The HTML palette
>>> functionality in BBEdit is a must-have.
>>>
>>> I'm surprised that Coda would not include that functionality as a
>>> basic feature.
>>>
>>> --steve
>>>

>>> On Wednesday, August 27, 2008, [hidden email] (Randy Phillips)
>>> pronounced:

>>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>
>>>
>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

Re: Coda 1.5

Cory Robin-3
 Anyone have lasso syntax coloring working in Coda?

Re: Coda 1.5

Tim Taplin

  I haven't been able to get it to update the overall syntax mode on
an entire site. I have to update the syntax mode on each existing
page but it takes my preferences on new files.

I like the look.

Tim Taplin

On Aug 28, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Cory wrote:

>  Anyone have lasso syntax coloring working in Coda?

Re: Coda 1.5

Cory Robin-3
I actually love the Lasso - HTML coloring..  I'll be taking a closer
look at Coda vs. Dreamweaver.   I don't use 99% of the crapo DW
features.  And I hate the SFTP timeout garbage in DW.  If Coda does it
better, I'm game.

on 8/28/08 8:22 AM, Cory at [hidden email] wrote:

>  Anyone have lasso syntax coloring working in Coda?

It works "OK". It is a slight variation of the original one. They did not
have time to revise it to take advantage of all the new features of the code
coloring engine they use from SEE. I have been sending copies of the beta,
wit permission of course, to Fletcher for some time since the beginning of
the beta cycle. Hopefully he has found some time to look into it. Fletcher
is awesome with Regular Expressions and so I am sure he'd be able to fix it
up.

On another note, if you think it is NOT working, go into
/Library/Application Support and ~you/Library/Application Support
And remove the folder called Coda and then relaunch the app. I reported this
as a bug that it does not prompt the end user to select which mode file to
use but it was forwarded onto the SEE guys. For most, it will try to use the
external first and for others like Brian Loomis, it just crashes. BUT as
long as you do select the LassoScript mode from the menu it does work
nicely. It may just be the mode file that it currently has but I have yet to
see anything that can top the accuracy of Adobe GoLive CS2's abilities.

Thanks

Steffan

T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
Steffan A. Cline
[hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : [hidden email]
GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Re: Coda 1.5

Tim Taplin
Golive's ftp crashes make that a no go no matter how well it codes
syntax.

Tim
On Aug 28, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Steffan A. Cline wrote:

> on 8/28/08 8:22 AM, Cory at [hidden email] wrote:
>
>>  Anyone have lasso syntax coloring working in Coda?
>
> It works "OK". It is a slight variation of the original one. They
> did not
> have time to revise it to take advantage of all the new features of
> the code
> coloring engine they use from SEE. I have been sending copies of
> the beta,
> wit permission of course, to Fletcher for some time since the
> beginning of
> the beta cycle. Hopefully he has found some time to look into it.
> Fletcher
> is awesome with Regular Expressions and so I am sure he'd be able
> to fix it
> up.
>
> On another note, if you think it is NOT working, go into
> /Library/Application Support and ~you/Library/Application Support
> And remove the folder called Coda and then relaunch the app. I
> reported this
> as a bug that it does not prompt the end user to select which mode
> file to
> use but it was forwarded onto the SEE guys. For most, it will try
> to use the
> external first and for others like Brian Loomis, it just crashes.
> BUT as
> long as you do select the LassoScript mode from the menu it does work
> nicely. It may just be the mode file that it currently has but I
> have yet to
> see anything that can top the accuracy of Adobe GoLive CS2's
> abilities.
>

> Thanks
>
> Steffan

> T E L  6 0 2 . 7 9 3 . 0 0 1 4 | F A X  6 0 2 . 9 7 1 . 1 6 9 4
> Steffan A. Cline
> [hidden email]                             Phoenix, Az
> http://www.ExecuChoice.net                                  USA
> AIM : SteffanC          ICQ : 57234309
> YAHOO : Steffan_Cline   MSN : [hidden email]
> GOOGLE: Steffan.Cline             Lasso Partner Alliance Member

Re: Coda 1.5

Cory Robin-3
Playing with Coda a bit today for the first time, loving it!  the
collaboration tools are sweet action!

so far so good.

Re: Coda 1.5

decorior
We have used the subethaedit engine for collaboration since coding
monkeys first added it. Very sweet!

Deco
On Aug 28, 2008, at 7:18 PM, Cory wrote:

> Playing with Coda a bit today for the first time, loving it!  the
> collaboration tools are sweet action!
>
> so far so good.

Re: Coda 1.5

Eric Landmann
Jason Huck <[hidden email]> wrote on Tuesday, August 26, 2008:

>Panic has released Coda 1.5: http://www.panic.com/coda/
>
>It's a free upgrade for users of 1.0, includes Subversion support and
>a slew of other new features.
>
>Oh, and Lasso syntaxing coloring is built in. Chalk up another one. :)

Lasso syntax coloring looks pretty good. No code folding, though. Some day...

--Eric