Does anyone have experience with special characters and
sending email. My issue has to do with the "Subject" line
of my emails.
My issue it that when I test the email my browser based
app shows the subject a little bit mangled, but when I see
the same email using my Outlook client. The subject line
is fine. I am unable to get both to show correctly. I
have tried encoding Smart and HTML and then it works in
the browser client and not the Outlook.
I set the text below into a variable and then use that
variable as my Subject line. The Var displays fine.
Here is the text:
In the "body" of the email I have set the Character set
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
and I am using the lasso tag as well:
content_type: 'text/html; charset=UTF-8'
The good news is that the body of the Email is fine
viewing it with both email applications, its only the
Subject line that is not the same in both Email apps.