Calling a java library?

shelane
We have a team with an iDocman installation that we want to be able to
upload files to through our lasso app. They said that there are currently
issues with the SOAP implementation. He asked if I could call a java
library, because they have that.

Is this something that lasso could do?

Re: Calling a java library?

Tim Taplin
not sure what it needs to do in this case.

I have used a java library thru os_process successfully to pass it a file path, process an xls file and return either a csv version or an xml tree. Was also able to test using the library to parse one line at a time but didnt wind up using that approach.

I'm assuming you would upload a file thru lasso and then pass the file path to the java library? depending on what else needs to happen, you should be able to accomplish that.

Tim Taplin

On Jan 25, 2010, at 3:36 PM, Shelane Enos wrote:

> We have a team with an iDocman installation that we want to be able to
> upload files to through our lasso app. They said that there are currently
> issues with the SOAP implementation. He asked if I could call a java
> library, because they have that.
>
> Is this something that lasso could do?

Re: Calling a java library?

jasonhuck
There's also LJAPI, and the java bean wrapper...