Basic Setup Question

Keith M. Rettig
>From: "James Toland" <[hidden email]>
>Subject: RE: Basic Security Question
>Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:31:34 -0700
>
>Once you have that configured you can test the security by making sure
>FileMaker Server Advanced is running and testing the following URLs with the
>host name of your FileMaker Server machine and the name of your database and
>layout.  You should be prompted for a username and password.  If the
>username and password works for these three URLs then it should work through
>Lasso.
>
><http://127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-dbnames>
><http://127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=DATABASE&-layoutnames>
><http://127.0.0.1/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=DATABASE&-lay=LAYOUT&-findall
> >

>[fletcher]

I am having some troubles getting Lasso to work correctly as well.
When I do the three URLs and I enter the lasso user name and password, I get the expected response; however I am getting the following error when I specify the same lasso user name and password in an inline.
[inline:-Host=(Array:-Datasource='FMServerAdvancedDataSource',-name='hostname',-port='80',-username='lasso',-password='lassopass'),-Database='dbname',-Table='tablename',-maxrecords='10',-FindAll]

  -9965 Error while performing FileMaker database -findall action.

I get the following when I don't specify the username and password in the inline (which is what I would prefer to do).
[inline:-Database='dbname',-Table='tablename',-maxrecords='10',-FindAll]

         -9961 No permission

Any guidance as to what might be the problem?
Keith.

Re: Basic Setup Question

Ke Carlton

Hello,

You need to either setup a specific user or allow the anonymous user access
to this database in SiteAdmin.lassoapp -> Security -> Databases

Simple solution is to click "All Databases" then "Allow All" you may need to
repeat for "All Tables" but I don't believe so.

This often happens when you create new databases or tables.

Ke

Keith Rettig wrote:
> When I do the three URLs and I enter the lasso user name and password, I get the expected response; however I am getting the following error when I specify the same lasso user name and password in an inline.
> [inline:-Host=(Array:-Datasource='FMServerAdvancedDataSource',-name='hostname',-port='80',-username='lasso',-password='lassopass'),-Database='dbname',-Table='tablename',-maxrecords='10',-FindAll]
>
>   -9965 Error while performing FileMaker database -findall action.

If you want to specify the Lasso user, then you'd have to do this:

  [inline:-username='lasso',-password='lassopass',-Database='dbname',-Table='tablename',-maxrecords='10',-FindAll]

That assumes you've correctly configured Lasso security for your data source.

If you want to bypass Lasso security and instead specify the data source in the inline, then you can use the -host to do it, but know that the username/password specified within it is NOT the Lasso security username/password, instead it's the username/password for the data source (e.g. a un/pw you specified in Filemaker).

Re: Basic Setup Question

James Toland-2
Thanks Keith and Bill for your assistance.  I got it working... It was a Lasso Admin Layout access issue.

James Toland
Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue, MS w07-603
San Jose, CA  95110-2704 USA
[hidden email]
408.536.2234 Office
510.432.7470 Cell
Breeze Online Meeting: http://adobe.breezecentral.com/toland/
To Page my Cell Phone, send an email to:  [hidden email]