Authorize.net SIM

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Authorize.net SIM

Mike Ealy-2
I'm been using Authorize.net's SIM (not AIM) system for several years to
process credit card transactions. I used them back in the 3.6 days and again
with Lasso 6 with the help tags from Bil Corry.

I've upgraded one of my systems to Lasso 8.5 and now need to get the SIM
system working. Does Lasso 8.5 come with built in tags to create the UTC
timestamp and HMAC_MD5 hash that are needed? I looked in the reference but
didn't see a timestamp tag and I'm a little confused which [Encrypt_...] to
use if any.

Mike Ealy
Clearwater, FL



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 10/10/07 at 12:52 PM, [hidden email] (Mike Ealy) wrote:

>I'm been using Authorize.net's SIM (not AIM) system for several years to
>process credit card transactions. I used them back in the 3.6 days and again
>with Lasso 6 with the help tags from Bil Corry.
>
>I've upgraded one of my systems to Lasso 8.5 and now need to get the SIM
>system working. Does Lasso 8.5 come with built in tags to create the UTC
>timestamp and HMAC_MD5 hash that are needed? I looked in the reference but
>didn't see a timestamp tag and I'm a little confused which [Encrypt_...] to
>use if any.

Lasso 8.5 can generate an HMAC_MD5 hash using [Encrypt_HMAC].  
The tag offers a couple different output options.  I'm not sure
which Authorize.Net might be expecting.

<http://reference.lassosoft.com/Reference.LassoApp?[Encrypt_HMAC]>

A UTC timestamp is the number of seconds since midnight UTC on
January 1, 1970.  I believe this gives you the current timestamp.

[(Date - '1970-01-01 00:00:00 GMT')->Seconds] -> 1192036024

Hope this helps,

[fletcher]


--
Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

Bil Corry-3
Fletcher Sandbeck wrote on 10/10/2007 12:08 PM:
> A UTC timestamp is the number of seconds since midnight UTC on January
> 1, 1970.  I believe this gives you the current timestamp.
>
> [(Date - '1970-01-01 00:00:00 GMT')->Seconds] -> 1192036024

DST will cause issues, probably better to use Jason's tag or my tag.  Jason's is probably the most straight-forward, mine still works around old Lasso bugs that are no longer an issue.

<http://www.tagswap.net/c5_unixtimestamp>
<http://www.tagswap.net/lp_date_UTCtimestamp>


- Bil


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

Bil Corry-3
Bil Corry wrote on 10/10/2007 1:34 PM:
> Jason's is probably the most straight-forward

Opps, remove that "probably" - Jason's *is* the most straight-forward.


- Bil


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

jasonhuck
I vaguely recall Fletcher showing me an even simpler way to get a unix
timestamp out of Lasso, but I don't remember what it was now...

- jlh





On 10/10/07, Bil Corry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bil Corry wrote on 10/10/2007 1:34 PM:
> > Jason's is probably the most straight-forward
>
> Opps, remove that "probably" - Jason's *is* the most straight-forward.
>
>
> - Bil
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>
>


--
Find and Share Free Lasso Custom Tags at tagSwap.net!
Download hundreds of open source Lasso custom tags, and post your own
for others to use. RSS feeds track the newest and most popular tags.
http://tagSwap.net/

--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 10/10/07 at 2:39 PM, [hidden email] (Jason Huck) wrote:

>I vaguely recall Fletcher showing me an even simpler way to get a unix
>timestamp out of Lasso, but I don't remember what it was now...

You used to be able to do [Integer: Date], but we have since
switched to the ICU date utilities which have a different
internal representation of the date/time.

[fletcher]

--
Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

Clive Bruton
In reply to this post by Bil Corry-3

On 10 Oct 2007, at 19:34, Bil Corry wrote:

>> A UTC timestamp is the number of seconds since midnight UTC on  
>> January 1, 1970.  I believe this gives you the current timestamp.
>> [(Date - '1970-01-01 00:00:00 GMT')->Seconds] -> 1192036024
>
> DST will cause issues...

How will changes to Summer time cause issues with the interpretation  
of GMT/UTC (which doesn't have an offset) - I know there are leap  
seconds and stuff, but the offset to GMT/UTC is always going to be  
known whatever time zone or season it happens to be, isn't it? The  
timestamp in this case is the instant the transaction was initiated, no?


-- Clive


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

Bil Corry-3
Clive Bruton wrote on 10/10/2007 2:20 PM:
> How will changes to Summer time cause issues with the interpretation of
> GMT/UTC (which doesn't have an offset) - I know there are leap seconds
> and stuff, but the offset to GMT/UTC is always going to be known
> whatever time zone or season it happens to be, isn't it? The timestamp
> in this case is the instant the transaction was initiated, no?

You're right; the issue was you had to compensate for DST because Lasso wouldn't return a proper result otherwise (considering all three timestamps ctags at tagSwap adjust for DST, I know I'm not crazy).  I just now tried running it against LP8.5.4 and it appears adjusting for DST is no longer necessary and in fact, returns the wrong results.  Fletcher's code returns an accurate timestamp, my bad for not testing against the latest version of Lasso (sorry Fletcher).

I need to overhaul all my date ctags anyhow; I'll add this to the to-do list.


- Bil

 


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Authorize.net SIM

Mike Ealy-2
In reply to this post by Bil Corry-3
Thanks for the help.

Mike


> Bil Corry wrote on 10/10/2007 1:34 PM:
>> Jason's is probably the most straight-forward
>
> Opps, remove that "probably" - Jason's *is* the most straight-forward.



--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Printing USPS (post office) labels via XML with Endecia.com ?

andre hopkins
Hi

is anyone using Endecia.com to print USPS (post office) labels with  
their label server system ?

or if you looked into it and decided not to use them?

thanks, Andre





--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing USPS (post office) labels via XML with Endecia.com ?

JP-14
I'm using it with my Dymo with the stand alone app for the Mac.

Slick!

jp
On Oct 11, 2007, at 6:58 PM, andre hopkins wrote:

> Hi
>
> is anyone using Endecia.com to print USPS (post office) labels with  
> their label server system ?
>
> or if you looked into it and decided not to use them?
>
> thanks, Andre
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing USPS (post office) labels via XML with Endecia.com ?

andre hopkins

this is actually something where - you send the destination and  
weight to endecia via soap or xml - and they send back the tracking  
numbers and label via xml - so like it can fully integrate with a  
shopping solution - which is what i'm looking at



On Oct 11, 2007, at 8:06 PM, JP wrote:

> I'm using it with my Dymo with the stand alone app for the Mac.
>
> Slick!
>
> jp
> On Oct 11, 2007, at 6:58 PM, andre hopkins wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> is anyone using Endecia.com to print USPS (post office) labels  
>> with their label server system ?
>>
>> or if you looked into it and decided not to use them?
>>
>> thanks, Andre
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
>> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>>
>
>
> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
> Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/
>


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Printing USPS (post office) labels via XML with Endecia.com ?

JP-14
Have you looked here?

http://www.endicia.com/Developers/

I see that there are some APIs and solutions available that you can use.

JP
(Jim Powell, Wisconsin)


--
This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/Browse/
Manage your subscription: http://www.ListSearch.com/Lasso/