Quantcast

Authorisation issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
I have some issue with the database object.

var: 'd'=(knop_database: -database='jina_test', -table='jina_webpage',
        -username='usrid', -password='usrpw',
        -keyfield='rcrdNo', -lockfield='rcrdLock');

This code will not show any result until I log into the site as  
server admin.

But this code produce desired result without admin auth.
Inline:
        -Database='jina_test',
        -Table='jina_webpage',
        -Username= 'usrid',
        -Password= 'usrpw',
        -SQL = 'SELECT * FROM jina_webpage';
        $jina_trace->(Insert: 'Funna ' + found_count);
/Inline;

HDB
Jolle

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Johan Solve-2
At 11.12 +0100 2007-03-09, [hidden email] wrote:
>I have some issue with the database object.
>
>var: 'd'=(knop_database: -database='jina_test', -table='jina_webpage',
> -username='usrid', -password='usrpw',
> -keyfield='rcrdNo', -lockfield='rcrdLock');
>
>This code will not show any result until I log into the site as server admin.
>

To verify that the db object got it right you can output the connection array like this:
$d -> 'db_connect';
You should get an array similar to this:
        (array: -Database='jina_test', -Table='jina_webpage', -Username= 'usrid',-Password= 'usrpw')
(although Lasso will of course format it slightly differently when outputting an array).

And you can use this in a standard inline:
Inline:
        ($d -> 'db_connect'),
        -SQL = 'SELECT * FROM jina_webpage';
        $jina_trace->(Insert: 'Funna ' + found_count);
/Inline;

If it looks right and it's still not working, then I'm out of clues for now...

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
10 mar 2007 kl. 09.25 skrev Johan Solve:

> At 11.12 +0100 2007-03-09, [hidden email] wrote:
>> I have some issue with the database object.
>>
>> var: 'd'=(knop_database: -database='jina_test', -
>> table='jina_webpage',
>> -username='usrid', -password='usrpw',
>> -keyfield='rcrdNo', -lockfield='rcrdLock');
>>
>> This code will not show any result until I log into the site as  
>> server admin.
>>
>
> To verify that the db object got it right you can output the  
> connection array like this:
> $d -> 'db_connect';
> You should get an array similar to this:
> (array: -Database='jina_test', -Table='jina_webpage', -Username=  
> 'usrid',-Password= 'usrpw')
> (although Lasso will of course format it slightly differently when  
> outputting an array).

Hm, that is not what I get. I get this:

array: (pair: (-database)=(jina_test)), (pair: (-table)=
(jina_webpage)), (pair: (-username)=(*****)), (pair: (-password)=
(*****))

And I'm pretty sure that I did not set username to *****... :-)

HDB
Jolle

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Johan Solve-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
At 12.18 +0100 2007-03-10, [hidden email] wrote:

>>To verify that the db object got it right you can output the connection array like this:
>>$d -> 'db_connect';
>>You should get an array similar to this:
>> (array: -Database='jina_test', -Table='jina_webpage', -Username= 'usrid',-Password= 'usrpw')
>>(although Lasso will of course format it slightly differently when outputting an array).
>
>Hm, that is not what I get. I get this:
>
>array: (pair: (-database)=(jina_test)), (pair: (-table)=(jina_webpage)), (pair: (-username)=(*****)), (pair: (-password)=(*****))
>
>And I'm pretty sure that I did not set username to *****... :-)

Well that's the difference in display formatting I was talking about, although I didn't think of Lasso making the implicit pairs visible, and the automatic hiding of username and password wherever Lasso is displaying anything with those keywords...

You can compare with your own array output, which you can get by altering the opening inline a little bit:
array:
        -Database='jina_test',
        -Table='jina_webpage',
        -Username= 'usrid',
        -Password= 'usrpw');

Did you try using the db_connect array in your own inline?


--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
Did that now. It works. But the Knop stuff don't. Strange.

HDB
Jolle

10 mar 2007 kl. 13.33 skrev Johan Solve:

> Did you try using the db_connect array in your own inline?


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
Further investigation shows stunning details. It seems that it's not  
the database object showing of. The config pages simply wont get  
called. I have a setup where I have a home section as default first  
page. Some simple textstrings put into the cfg.home.inc doesn't turn  
up in the final result. Until I authenticate as serveradmin.

But it not all files that wont cet called. The menu turns up. So what  
could prevent Knop/Lasso from access to a file like cfg_home.inc but  
allow access to a file called cfg__global.inc. Both files in the same  
folder??

HDB
Jolle

10 mar 2007 kl. 19.24 skrev [hidden email]:

> Did that now. It works. But the Knop stuff don't. Strange.
>
> HDB
> Jolle
>
> 10 mar 2007 kl. 13.33 skrev Johan Solve:
>
>> Did you try using the db_connect array in your own inline?
>
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
> List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
> (log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send  
> message to
> <[hidden email]> to get that ID)
> Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
> AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
I found it.

It was file_exists: '/_config/cfg_home.inc'; that didn't work.
Haven't set up Lasso to allow .inc in the File Tag Extensions list...

Fixed now.

Perhaps something to be added to the Readme File.

"The extension .inc must be added to both the Lasso Page Extensions  
list and the File Tags Extensions list in SiteAdmin/Setup/Site/File  
Extension."

HDB
Jolle

10 mar 2007 kl. 19.57 skrev [hidden email]:

> Further investigation shows stunning details. It seems that it's  
> not the database object showing of. The config pages simply wont  
> get called. I have a setup where I have a home section as default  
> first page. Some simple textstrings put into the cfg.home.inc  
> doesn't turn up in the final result. Until I authenticate as  
> serveradmin.
>
> But it not all files that wont cet called. The menu turns up. So  
> what could prevent Knop/Lasso from access to a file like  
> cfg_home.inc but allow access to a file called cfg__global.inc.  
> Both files in the same folder??
>
> HDB
> Jolle
>
> 10 mar 2007 kl. 19.24 skrev [hidden email]:
>
>> Did that now. It works. But the Knop stuff don't. Strange.
>>
>> HDB
>> Jolle
>>
>> 10 mar 2007 kl. 13.33 skrev Johan Solve:
>>
>>> Did you try using the db_connect array in your own inline?
>>
>>
>> #############################################################
>> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>> the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
>> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
>> List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
>> (log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send  
>> message to
>> <[hidden email]> to get that ID)
>> Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
>> AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop
>
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
> List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
> (log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send  
> message to
> <[hidden email]> to get that ID)
> Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
> AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Bil Corry-3
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
[hidden email] wrote on 3/10/2007 4:07 PM:

> I found it.
>
> It was file_exists: '/_config/cfg_home.inc'; that didn't work.
> Haven't set up Lasso to allow .inc in the File Tag Extensions list...
>
> Fixed now.
>
> Perhaps something to be added to the Readme File.
>
> "The extension .inc must be added to both the Lasso Page Extensions list
> and the File Tags Extensions list in SiteAdmin/Setup/Site/File Extension."

I think it says to add .* (any extension) to the allowed file extensions.

- Bil



#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
11 mar 2007 kl. 01.55 skrev Bil Corry:

> [hidden email] wrote on 3/10/2007 4:07 PM:
>> I found it.
>> It was file_exists: '/_config/cfg_home.inc'; that didn't work.
>> Haven't set up Lasso to allow .inc in the File Tag Extensions list...
>> Fixed now.
>> Perhaps something to be added to the Readme File.
>> "The extension .inc must be added to both the Lasso Page  
>> Extensions list and the File Tags Extensions list in SiteAdmin/
>> Setup/Site/File Extension."
>
> I think it says to add .* (any extension) to the allowed file  
> extensions.
>
> - Bil

But, I don't think I would want that. Somehow gives me a creepy  
security shiver. What would be the benefits and drawbacks from that?

HDB
Jolle

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Johan Solve-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
At 01.07 +0100 2007-03-11, [hidden email] wrote:

>I found it.
>
>It was file_exists: '/_config/cfg_home.inc'; that didn't work.
>Haven't set up Lasso to allow .inc in the File Tag Extensions list...
>
>Fixed now.
>
>Perhaps something to be added to the Readme File.
>
>"The extension .inc must be added to both the Lasso Page Extensions list and the File Tags Extensions list in SiteAdmin/Setup/Site/File Extension."
>
>HDB
>Jolle

It was a while ago I installed Lasso from scratch anywhere, but I had the feeling .inc was allowed as default, as it is such a common extension for includes.

If not, I'll add it.

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
I think it's allowed as a Lasso Page Extension but not as a File Tags  
by default.

Why do Knop recommend that you add .* (any extension) to the allowed  
file extensions?

HDB
Jolle

11 mar 2007 kl. 10.04 skrev Johan Solve:

> It was a while ago I installed Lasso from scratch anywhere, but I  
> had the feeling .inc was allowed as default, as it is such a common  
> extension for includes.
>
> If not, I'll add it.


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Johan Solve-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
At 08.59 +0100 2007-03-11, [hidden email] wrote:
>11 mar 2007 kl. 01.55 skrev Bil Corry:
>>
>>I think it says to add .* (any extension) to the allowed file extensions.
>
>But, I don't think I would want that. Somehow gives me a creepy security shiver. What would be the benefits and drawbacks from that?

.* is only needed (not even sure if it really is) when using path navigation method (virtual URLs) i.e. atbegin URL handler and where .lasso is not part of the path. In those cases Lasso sees it as an extension-less path, and it seems to need to allow .* to accept that.

If using param navigation such as /?-path= then Lasso sees the response_filepath /index.lasso since the web server first adds default filename index.lasso to the extensionless path URL to match a valid physical URL, and Lasso only sees the URL with index.lasso. In that case .* does not need to be allowed.

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Jolle Carlestam-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2

11 mar 2007 kl. 10.10 skrev Johan Solve:

>> But, I don't think I would want that. Somehow gives me a creepy  
>> security shiver. What would be the benefits and drawbacks from that?
>
> .* is only needed (not even sure if it really is) when using path  
> navigation method (virtual URLs) i.e. atbegin URL handler and  
> where .lasso is not part of the path. In those cases Lasso sees it  
> as an extension-less path, and it seems to need to allow .* to  
> accept that.

I disagree. I have used path in other sites and I don't have .*  
allowed anywhere. Seems to work without it. And so does Knop now that  
I allowed .inc.

HDB
Jolle

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Ric Lewis-3
Personally I would also include modified_date, created_date,  
modified_by in the core framework (at least as options). It's nice to  
have that sort of housekeeping taken care of.


> I've tried to require as little adjustments to existing databases  
> as possible.
> To use Knop it is really not a requirement to add any fields at  
> all. But to be able to use recordlocking you need to have a field  
> to hold the record lock, and to take full advantage of the keyfield  
> you need to have that as a varchar field so Knop can fill it with  
> data on its own (for the duplicate prevention).
>
> There are no requirements for modified_date, created_date,  
> modified_by etc, since I feel they fall i a higher category in the  
> application logics. I want Knop to help with the lower level stuff  
> to not make the framework too complex.
>
> But handling those kinds of fields could be added as options, if it  
> feels it would help if Knop took care of them. For example if you  
> use record locking Knop already know the user id who is locking a  
> record, so it would make sense to let Knop take care of the  
> created_by and modified_by fields.


#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RFC: mt_string for Language Strings

Ric Lewis-3
In reply to this post by Johan Solve-2
Regarding the mt_string spec.

My own language handling is pretty simple - translations in a  
database loaded into a map at startup (as this stuff changes  
infrequently). Then a session var decides which of the language maps  
to choose on each page. Interface items within HTML handled as [$tx-
 >Find: 'welcome'] etc.

The proposed spec obviously can handle this easily and adds a few  
other nice bells and whistles - looks good.

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Eric Landmann
In reply to this post by Ric Lewis-3
Ric Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote on Tuesday, March 27, 2007:

>Personally I would also include modified_date, created_date,  
>modified_by in the core framework (at least as options). It's nice to  
>have that sort of housekeeping taken care of.

Yes, that sounds like an excellent idea. We use the date names flipped around, however:

DateModified
DateCreated

Anybody else do that?

--Eric

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

jasonhuck
Yep, we typically use:

dtCreated
dtModified

- jason



On 3/27/07, Eric Landmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ric Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote on Tuesday, March 27, 2007:
>
> >Personally I would also include modified_date, created_date,
> >modified_by in the core framework (at least as options). It's nice to
> >have that sort of housekeeping taken care of.
>
> Yes, that sounds like an excellent idea. We use the date names flipped around, however:
>
> DateModified
> DateCreated
>
> Anybody else do that?
>
> --Eric
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
> the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
> List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
> (log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
> <[hidden email]> to get that ID)
> Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
> AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop
>


--
Find and Share Free Lasso Custom Tags at tagSwap.net!
Download hundreds of open source Lasso custom tags, and post your own
for others to use. RSS feeds track the newest and most popular tags.
http://tagSwap.net/

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Alex Pilson-2
In reply to this post by Eric Landmann
At 7:30 AM -0500 3/27/07, Eric Landmann wrote:

>Ric Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote on Tuesday, March 27, 2007:
>
>>Personally I would also include modified_date, created_date,
>>modified_by in the core framework (at least as options). It's nice to
>>have that sort of housekeeping taken care of.
>
>Yes, that sounds like an excellent idea. We use the date names
>flipped around, however:
>
>DateModified
>DateCreated
>
>Anybody else do that?

I generally add these two fields to almost every table except match tables:

add_date
mod_date
--
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
     Alex Pilson          FlagShip Hosting, LLC
     800.592.6781     <http://www.flagshiphosting.com>
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Authorisation issue

Johan Solve-2
In reply to this post by Jolle Carlestam-2
At 13.56 +0100 2007-03-27, Ric Lewis wrote:

>On 27 Mar 2007, at 13:47, Alex Pilson wrote:
>
>>I generally add these two fields to almost every table except match tables:
>>
>>add_date
>>mod_date
>
>I guess the actual names of the fields could be set in a config file.
>
>'created_by' and 'modified_by' would be pretty useful too, once we get mt_user up and running.

I agree that datetime_create and datetime_mod (or some other names) would be good for the framework to handle, and also user_create and user_mod.

The names of those fields would be specified at oncreate for the database object, in the same manner as you can use custom field names for keyfield and lockfield. If you don't provide the names at oncreate, the default names will be used used.
The problem is how to deal with a situation where those fields are not present in the database since those fields might be considered optional. The database ctype could perhaps verify that these fields exist before using them. The database and table names are already verified so it would be easy to add that check by looping through [Field_Name: -count].

Another way to deal with it could be to only populate these fields if they are explicitly specified at oncreate (instead of trying to use default field names), but in that case the behavior would be slightly different between keyfield/lockfield and these fields, and I would prefer a consistent behavior as far as possible.

So the idea I think I like best is to use default field names, but to verify them at oncreate before trying to use them. Provided there isn't too much overhead in doing this verification.

How do you feel about that?


--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RFC: mt_string for Language Strings

Johan Solve-2
In reply to this post by Ric Lewis-3
At 12.27 +0100 2007-03-27, Ric Lewis wrote:
>Regarding the mt_string spec.
>
>My own language handling is pretty simple - translations in a database loaded into a map at startup (as this stuff changes infrequently). Then a session var decides which of the language maps to choose on each page. Interface items within HTML handled as [$tx->Find: 'welcome'] etc.
>
>The proposed spec obviously can handle this easily and adds a few other nice bells and whistles - looks good.

Thanks. I will go ahead as soon as time permits. Back on solid ground now after a marvelous week in sunny slopes.

--
     Johan Sölve    [FSA Member, Lasso Partner]
     Web Application/Lasso/FileMaker Developer
     MONTANIA SOFTWARE & SOLUTIONS
http://www.montania.se   mailto:[hidden email]
 (spam-safe email address, replace '-' with 'a')

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
the mailing list <[hidden email]>.
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
List archive http://lists.montania.se/Lists/knop/
(log in with your email and ConfirmationID as password, send message to
<[hidden email]> to get that ID)
Project homepage http://montania.se/projects/knop/
AIM chatroom knop aim:gochat?roomname=knop

12
Loading...