Authentication using Email_send tag in Lasso 6

Authentication using Email_send tag in Lasso 6

Mike Ealy-2
One of my older servers is still running Lasso 6 on a Mac. I'm switching
email hosts and I'm having trouble getting Lasso to send mail. I think it
has to do with the host requiring authentication.

I found this statement in the email_send docs:

> LP 7.0.2 adds the -Username and -Password parameters as a replacement
> for the "username||password||server" syntax which was used for
> SMTP AUTH settings in prior versions of the email send code.

How do I rewrite this to work properly in Lasso 6?

[Email_Send:
    -Host='smtp.mydomain.com',
    -To='[hidden email]',
    -From='[hidden email]',
    -Subject='messagesubject',
    -Body='messagebody',
    -Username='user',
    -Password='pass']

Thanks so much for the help.

Mike

Re: Authentication using Email_send tag in Lasso 6

stevepiercy
On Sunday, August 17, 2008, [hidden email] (Mike Ealy) pronounced:

>One of my older servers is still running Lasso 6 on a Mac. I'm switching
>email hosts and I'm having trouble getting Lasso to send mail. I think it
>has to do with the host requiring authentication.
>
>I found this statement in the email_send docs:
>
>> LP 7.0.2 adds the -Username and -Password parameters as a replacement
>> for the "username||password||server" syntax which was used for
>> SMTP AUTH settings in prior versions of the email send code.
>
>How do I rewrite this to work properly in Lasso 6?
>
>[Email_Send:
>    -Host='smtp.mydomain.com',
>    -To='[hidden email]',
>    -From='[hidden email]',
>    -Subject='messagesubject',
>    -Body='messagebody',
>    -Username='user',
>    -Password='pass']

That code should work, unless you have an incorrect value for one of the parameters.  A -port parameter might be necessary.

Check Lasso SiteAdmin to ensure that email is set up correctly to allow the action you want.

Email Setup
Ignore [Email_Send] -Host Param      = No
Note - When this setting is Yes then the settings configured below will be used for all email messages sent through Lasso. When it is set to No then these settings can be over-rided using the -Host and related parameters in the [Email_Send] tag.

You need to check with your new email host what are their requirements in order to send mail from the Lasso server through their mail server for '[hidden email]'.  They might deny this action.

Re: Authentication using Email_send tag in Lasso 6

Oops.  Yeah, what Doug said.

If that code does not work, then check with your mail service provider, as I noted in my previous email.

I cannot remember what Lasso SiteAdmin settings might have been necessary for LP6, though.  The Setup Guide or Language Guide for LP6 might have that information.

--steve

On Sunday, August 17, 2008, [hidden email] (Doug Gentry) pronounced:

>Mike - I think you do it this way (if memory serves me...)
>
>> Email_Send:
>>    -Host='username||password||smtp.mydomain.com',
>
>....Doug Gentry
>
>On Aug 17, 2008, at 9:27 AM, Mike Ealy wrote:
>
>> One of my older servers is still running Lasso 6 on a Mac. I'm
>> switching
>> email hosts and I'm having trouble getting Lasso to send mail. I
>> think it
>> has to do with the host requiring authentication.
>>
>> I found this statement in the email_send docs:
>>
>>> LP 7.0.2 adds the -Username and -Password parameters as a replacement
>>> for the "username||password||server" syntax which was used for
>>> SMTP AUTH settings in prior versions of the email send code.
>>
>> How do I rewrite this to work properly in Lasso 6?
>>
>> [Email_Send:
>>    -Host='smtp.mydomain.com',
>>    -To='[hidden email]',
>>    -From='[hidden email]',
>>    -Subject='messagesubject',
>>    -Body='messagebody',
>>    -Username='user',
>>    -Password='pass']
>>
>> Thanks so much for the help.
>>
>> Mike

>---
>Doug Gentry
>Dynapolis & Southern Oregon University
>p:  541-261-8501 / Toll Free: 866-890-6013
>[hidden email]
>www.dynapolis.com - blog: www.plain-sense.com

Re: Authentication using Email_send tag in Lasso 6

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 8/17/08 at 9:27 AM, [hidden email] (Mike Ealy) wrote:

> How do I rewrite this to work properly in Lasso 6?
>
> [Email_Send:
>     -Host='smtp.mydomain.com',
>     -To='[hidden email]',
>     -From='[hidden email]',
>     -Subject='messagesubject',
>     -Body='messagebody',
>     -Username='user',
>     -Password='pass']
>
> Thanks so much for the help.

It should be like this.

[Email_Send:
    -Host='user||pass||smtp.mydomain.com',
    -To='[hidden email]',
    -From='[hidden email]',
    -Subject='messagesubject',
    -Body='messagebody']

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: Authentication using Email_send tag in Lasso 6

Mike Ealy-2
I'm still having trouble getting this to work.

The following is producing the error "Error: -8001 = Bad response to TO: 553
sorry that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)"

[Email_Send:
    -Host='username||password||smtp.mydomain.com ',
    - To=(var:'email'),
    - From='[hidden email]',
    - Subject='mysubject',
    - Body='bodyhere']

I am able to telnet to the SMTP server specifying port 2525:

Is there a way to specify the port using the Email_Send tag in Lasso 6? The
docs don't show -port being an option. This code does work on my Lasso 8.5
server. Other than upgrading to 8.5, does anyone have any ideas for getting
this to work?

Thanks again,
Mike

>> How do I rewrite this to work properly in Lasso 6?
>>
>> [Email_Send:
>>     -Host='smtp.mydomain.com',
>>     -To='[hidden email]',
>>     -From='[hidden email]',
>>     -Subject='messagesubject',
>>     -Body='messagebody',
>>     -Username='user',
>>     -Password='pass']
>>
>> Thanks so much for the help.
>
> It should be like this.
>
> [Email_Send:
>     -Host='user||pass||smtp.mydomain.com',
>     -To='[hidden email]',
>     -From='[hidden email]',
>     -Subject='messagesubject',
>     -Body='messagebody']
>
> [fletcher]

Re: Authentication using Email_send tag in Lasso 6

stevepiercy
Maybe try?

[Email_Send:
    -Host='username||password||smtp.mydomain.com:2525',
    - To=(var:'email'),
    - From='[hidden email]',
    - Subject='mysubject',
    - Body='bodyhere']

--steve

On Thursday, August 21, 2008, [hidden email] (Mike Ealy) pronounced: