Anyone tried Lasso with FCK Editor?

Grubic, James
FCK Editor is a cool looking Javascript-based text editor. Check it out
here: http://www.fckeditor.net/ . It's a little on the slow side
(probably because I am running an older G4) but it has some serious
potential.

I am assuming that it will integrate with Lasso but I wanted to check
and see if anyone has already tried this.

James

Re: Anyone tried Lasso with FCK Editor?

jasonhuck
Thanks James, we've looked at a bunch of these, but I'm always looking
for a better one. This looks interesting!

You might also want to check these out, in no particular order (sorry
don't have URL's handy):

HTMLArea
WYSIWYGPro
TinyMCE
WidgEditor

...and probably some others I can't recall ATM.

JLH

On 6/7/05, James Grubic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FCK Editor is a cool looking Javascript-based text editor. Check it out
> here: http://www.fckeditor.net/ . It's a little on the slow side
> (probably because I am running an older G4) but it has some serious
> potential.
>
> I am assuming that it will integrate with Lasso but I wanted to check
> and see if anyone has already tried this.
>

> James

Re: Anyone tried Lasso with FCK Editor?

asle
I am using FCK in several Lasso CRM solutions now. I found it was
fairly easy to configure. I.ex. I have one config for a news section
limiting the user to only "title" and "text" style with no font
choice along with image placement. I use Lasso to include the correct
config file (which builds the editor menu) according to what type of
page the user is editing.

I looked at a lot of different html inline editors and this I think
is the best so far for the value (GPL licenseing).
You can find a good review of different ones here:

http://htmlarea.com/directory/WYSIWYG_Editors/index.html

I would of course like something that works in Safari, but I could
not find a good one that works well. Using Firefox or Camino for is
good enough. Why is Safari such a pain...
-latest news: the FCK guys are looking into support for Safari also!

/asle benoni