[Announce] Lasso Professional 8.5.6 Update

[Announce] Lasso Professional 8.5.6 Update

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
LassoSoft is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
Lasso Professional 8.5.6. This release contains security
enhancements, bug fixes, and minor feature enhancements. This is
a recommended update for all Lasso Professional 8.5 users. This
is a free update for LPA members and for Lasso users with Lasso
Professional 8.5.

Notable changes in this release include a modification of the
search path for LassoApps, improvements to how Lasso works with
FTP, DNS, and email servers, and several encoding enhancements.
For more information on Lasso Professional 8.5.6 including
download links, release notes, and change notes please view the
article at the following location:

<http://www.lassosoft.com/Downloads/Updates/index.lasso?9351>

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [Announce] Lasso Professional 8.5.6 Update

stevepiercy
On Thursday, May 7, 2009, [hidden email] (Fletcher Sandbeck) pronounced:

>LassoSoft is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
>Lasso Professional 8.5.6. This release contains security
>enhancements, bug fixes, and minor feature enhancements. This is
>a recommended update for all Lasso Professional 8.5 users. This
>is a free update for LPA members and for Lasso users with Lasso
>Professional 8.5.
>
>Notable changes in this release include a modification of the
>search path for LassoApps, improvements to how Lasso works with
>FTP, DNS, and email servers, and several encoding enhancements.
>For more information on Lasso Professional 8.5.6 including
>download links, release notes, and change notes please view the
>article at the following location:
>
><http://www.lassosoft.com/Downloads/Updates/index.lasso?9351>

Thank you!

For those who run LP 8.5.x on CentOS 5, and performed the update, were there any issues to report or gotchas?

Re: [Announce] Lasso Professional 8.5.6 Update

CoMedia
Fletcher Sandbeck-3 wrote
LassoSoft is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
Lasso Professional 8.5.6.
After installing the 8.5.6 update I discovered that Lasso is showing .inc files as plain text instead of processing them.

Most of the times this is no big deal, but there are some places where I have more serious stuff in these files.

Yes, .inc is entered in the Lasso Page Extensions and also in the lasso8.conf file, so I think I have made all the necessary securaty settings.

Is this a bug or did I miss something along the way?

-- Alfred

CoMedia wrote on 5/9/2009 10:13 PM:

> Fletcher Sandbeck-3 wrote:
>> LassoSoft is pleased to announce the immediate availability of
>> Lasso Professional 8.5.6.
> After installing the 8.5.6 update I discovered that Lasso is showing .inc
> files as plain text instead of processing them.
>
> Most of the times this is no big deal, but there are some places where I
> have more serious stuff in these files.
>
> Yes, .inc is entered in the Lasso Page Extensions and also in the
> lasso8.conf file, so I think I have made all the necessary securaty
> settings.
>
> Is this a bug or did I miss something along the way?

That sounds like an Apache config issue.  Do you have a directive in Apache that assigns .inc to Lasso?

Re: [Announce] Lasso Professional 8.5.6 Update

CoMedia
bilcorry wrote
That sounds like an Apache config issue.  Do you have a directive in Apache that assigns .inc to Lasso?
Yes, I have these lines in my lasso8.conf file:

<Location ~ "^.*\.[Ii][Nc][Cc]$">
        SetHandler lasso8-handler
</Location>

-- Alfred

Re: [Announce] Lasso Professional 8.5.6 Update

CoMedia

CoMedia wrote
Yes, I have these lines in my lasso8.conf file:

<Location ~ "^.*\.[Ii][Nc][Cc]$">
        SetHandler lasso8-handler
</Location>
Ah! Now I see the typo. [Nc] should be [Nn]. Fixed!

-- Alfred

Re: [Announce] Lasso Professional 8.5.6 Update

dguardiola
Update bug ?
After the update the Scheduled Events list on one site was completely
empty (it had about a dozen listed events...mostly google sitemaps
updates)
I don't understand why it erased only this one, the other sites kept
their events

Le 10 mai 09 à 11:38, Dominique Guardiola a écrit :

> Update bug ?
> After the update the Scheduled Events list on one site was
> completely empty (it had about a dozen listed events...mostly google
> sitemaps updates)

oooooops....
sorry for spreading FUD about the update, I was just looking at my dev
box instead of the real server :/