[Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

[Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released
BBEdit 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript
source code, including syntax coloring, function navigation and
text folding.

You can read more about the features in the new version in their
press release: <http://www.barebones.com/company/bbedit92_pr.html>

For those who are interested in trying BBEdit 9, a fully
functional 30-day demo demo can be downloaded from: <http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/demo.html>

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

dguardiola

Le 7 mai 09 à 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck a écrit :

> ... function navigation and text folding !!!!!!

yahoooo!
can't wait for te update to complete!

--
Dominique Guardiola, QUINODE
http://www.quinode.fr/

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Eric Landmann
Fletcher Sandbeck <[hidden email]> wrote on Thursday, May 7, 2009:

>We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released
>BBEdit 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript
>source code, including syntax coloring, function navigation and
>text folding.
>
>You can read more about the features in the new version in their
>press release: <http://www.barebones.com/company/bbedit92_pr.html>
>
>For those who are interested in trying BBEdit 9, a fully
>functional 30-day demo demo can be downloaded from: <http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/demo.html>

Fantastic news! What's that sound I am hearing... hell freezing over?

--Eric

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Mark Palmer
That's a cracking piece of news. Well done to all involved.

Regards
Mark Palmer
Pageworks
T: 01902 620500
E: [hidden email]

On 7 May 2009, at 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released BBEdit
> 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript source code,
> including syntax coloring, function navigation and text folding.
>
> You can read more about the features in the new version in their
> press release: <http://www.barebones.com/company/bbedit92_pr.html>
>
> For those who are interested in trying BBEdit 9, a fully functional
> 30-day demo demo can be downloaded from: <http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/demo.html
> >

> [fletcher]
>
> --
> Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
> LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Steve Upton

Halle - freaking - lujah!!

THAT made my day

Fletcher... how do I get myself on that announcement list? I didn't get the original email.

thanks

Steve

>On 7 May 2009, at 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released BBEdit 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript source code, including syntax coloring, function navigation and text folding.
>>
>>You can read more about the features in the new version in their press release: <http://www.barebones.com/company/bbedit92_pr.html>
>>
>>For those who are interested in trying BBEdit 9, a fully functional 30-day demo demo can be downloaded from: <http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/demo.html>
>>
>>[fletcher]
>>
>>--
>>Fletcher Sandbeck                         [hidden email]
>>LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Todd Vainisi-2
Yes!!!  This is the best news I've heard all year!  I'm going to
upgrade right now!

T Vainisi

On 7 May 2009, at 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck <fletcher@[Protected]>
wrote:

 > We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released BBEdit
 > 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript source code,
 > including syntax coloring, function navigation and text folding.
 >
 > You can read more about the features in the new version in their
 > press release: <http://www.barebones.com/company/bbedit92_pr.html>
 >
 > For those who are interested in trying BBEdit 9, a fully functional
 > 30-day demo demo can be downloaded from: <http://www.barebones.com/
products/bbedit/demo.html

 > [fletcher]
 >
 > --
 > Fletcher Sandbeck fletcher@[Protected]
 > LassoSoft, LLC http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Steve Upton

>On 7 May 2009, at 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released BBEdit 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript source code, including syntax coloring, function navigation and text folding.
>>
>>You can read more about the features in the new version in their press release: <http://www.barebones.com/company/bbedit92_pr.html>
>>
>>For those who are interested in trying BBEdit 9, a fully functional 30-day demo demo can be downloaded from: <http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/demo.html>

FYI, for those who were using the LDML plug-in, you need to remove the plug-in and restart BBEdit before the new code-folding hotness works.

mine was in the /Library/Application Support/BBEdit/ folder

nice!

Steve

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

dguardiola

Le 7 mai 09 à 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck a écrit :

> We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released BBEdit
> 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript source code,
> including syntax coloring, function navigation and text folding.

Code folding works well on pure lasso files and with mixed HTML-lasso
files
The only catch was to disable the old LassoScript language module to
use the new "Lasso" language available in the bottom menus

Good to see BareBones finally taking care of their Lasso customers,
there's so much temptations out there...(Textmate, Coda)

On 5/7/09 at 11:10 AM, [hidden email] (Steve Upton) wrote:

>Fletcher... how do I get myself on that announcement list? I
>didn't get the original email.

We have only sent the announcement to these lists so far.  We'll
include the announcement in the next newsletter so people who
aren't on the list get it as well.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Pierre Yelle

On 7-May-09, at 11:34 , Dominique Guardiola wrote:

> Le 7 mai 09 à 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck a écrit :
>
>> We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released BBEdit
>> 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript source
>> code, including syntax coloring, function navigation and text
>> folding.
>
> Code folding works well on pure lasso files and with mixed HTML-
> lasso files
> The only catch was to disable the old LassoScript language module to
> use the new "Lasso" language available in the bottom menus

Does anyone know where to add extra strings to be colored,  as we do
in the LassoScript.plist ?

For the moment I left the LassoScript in and can switch from Lasso
(bbedit) to LassoScript ...

Thanks

Pierre

On 7-May-09, at 12:31 , Pierre Yelle wrote:

> On 7-May-09, at 11:34 , Dominique Guardiola wrote:
>

>> Le 7 mai 09 à 18:41, Fletcher Sandbeck a écrit :
>>
>>> We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released
>>> BBEdit 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript
>>> source code, including syntax coloring, function navigation and
>>> text folding.
>>
>> Code folding works well on pure lasso files and with mixed HTML-
>> lasso files
>> The only catch was to disable the old LassoScript language module
>> to use the new "Lasso" language available in the bottom menus
>>

> Does anyone know where to add extra strings to be colored,  as we do
> in the LassoScript.plist ?

ok it is at:

/Applications/BBEdit.app/Contents/Language Modules/Lasso.bblm/Contents/
Info.plist

Pierre

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

list
This was supernice news!

Code folding works, nice coloring, mixing of lasso code and html no
problem. Love it already!

7 maj 2009 kl. 21.48 skrev Pierre Yelle:

>> Does anyone know where to add extra strings to be colored,  as we do
>> in the LassoScript.plist ?
>>

> ok it is at:
>
> /Applications/BBEdit.app/Contents/Language Modules/Lasso.bblm/
> Contents/
> Info.plist

Looking in there makes me impressed and confused. What's all them
words found in there? Like: curlopt_sslengine. Can't find that in
reference. And there many more like it. Where're they used?

And if I want to add my own set, like for the Knop framework. Where do
I put them?

On 5/7/09 at 11:15 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

>Looking in there makes me impressed and confused. What's all them
>words found in there? Like: curlopt_sslengine. Can't find that in
>reference. And there many more like it. Where're they used?

There's a lot of Lasso 9 stuff in there.  But, even at that,
tags like curlopt are used internally and won't be called by
most users.  Those tags are used to implement the [Include_URL]
and [FTP_...] tags.

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Pierre Yelle
I am keeping a separate list to paste in after bbedit updates.

I pasted at the end of the

<key>BBLMKeywordList</key>
<array>
                <string>Yelle</string>
                 <string>-list</string>
                 <string>translate</string>
</array>

Does not have to sorted to work

I have not done so, but you can probably also paste at the end of the

<key>BBLMPredefinedNameList</key>
<array>

Pierre
On 7-May-09, at 14:15 , [hidden email] wrote:

> And if I want to add my own set, like for the Knop framework. Where
> do I put them?

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

On Thursday, May 7, 2009, [hidden email] (Fletcher Sandbeck) pronounced:

>We are pleased to announce that Bare Bones Software released
>BBEdit 9.2 today with built-in support for editing LassoScript
>source code, including syntax coloring, function navigation and
>text folding.
>
>You can read more about the features in the new version in their
>press release: <http://www.barebones.com/company/bbedit92_pr.html>
>
>For those who are interested in trying BBEdit 9, a fully
>functional 30-day demo demo can be downloaded from:
><http://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/demo.html>

The new features in BBEdit 9.2 make the BBEdit CDML plugin which I maintain obsolete.  I will not be providing further updates.  I will however leave up the page and resources for users to download for those who do not upgrade to the latest BBEdit version.

http://stevepiercy.com/lasso_stuff/bbedit_ldml_syntax.lasso

On this page, there are instructions on how to remove potentially conflicting plugins and update settings.  If the latest version of BBEdit 9.2 does not work as expected in regards to Lasso code, it is very likely you need to remove conflicting plugins and adjust your BBEdit preferences.

Also you might need to update the AppleScripts and keyboard shortcuts for toggling between languages.

This is one case where I am very pleased to become obsolete, as it was the only reason I did not upgrade to BBEdit 9.x.  Dude, upgrade to BBEdit 9.2, it is, like, totally worth it now.

At 11:35 AM -0700 5/7/09, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:
>On 5/7/09 at 11:10 AM, [hidden email] (Steve Upton) wrote:
>
>>Fletcher... how do I get myself on that announcement list? I didn't get the original email.
>
>We have only sent the announcement to these lists so far.  We'll include the announcement in the next newsletter so people who aren't on the list get it as well.

understood... except that Mark Palmer's email was the first one I got about the announcement. I haven't seen your original yet....

Steve

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Johan Solve
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The new features in BBEdit 9.2 make the BBEdit CDML plugin which I maintain obsolete.

Wow, I had no idea you maintained a CDML plugin... Talk a about obsolete.

Okay, you meant LDML plugin. :-)

--
Mvh
Johan Sölve

Johan Sölve
Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
[hidden email]

Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 1:10 AM, Steve Upton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> understood... except that Mark Palmer's email was the first one I got about the announcement. I haven't seen your original yet....
>
> Steve

Over the last few days, I've started to get the impression that I am
not receiving some of the messages, or I'm getting them out of order.
I thought maybe it was just GMail being flaky, but maybe it's
something else. Anybody else having similar issues?

- jason

--
tagSwap.net :: Open Source Lasso Code
<http://tagSwap.net/>

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Gunther Bohnert
I found that code folding does not work correctly if there's some
lasso code outside the <body> tag, for example:

        <head>
                [Include:'setup.inc']
                <title>[$pagetitle]</title>
        </head>

Regards
Gunther

Gunther Bohnert
Auchtweg 3 | D-73734 Esslingen | +49 172 6363902
[hidden email]

USt-ID DE159234758

Am 07.05.2009 um 23:15 schrieb [hidden email]:

> This was supernice news!
>
> Code folding works, nice coloring, mixing of lasso code and html no
> problem. Love it already!
>
> 7 maj 2009 kl. 21.48 skrev Pierre Yelle:
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where to add extra strings to be colored,  as we do
>>> in the LassoScript.plist ?
>>>

>> ok it is at:
>>
>> /Applications/BBEdit.app/Contents/Language Modules/Lasso.bblm/
>> Contents/
>> Info.plist
>
> Looking in there makes me impressed and confused. What's all them
> words found in there? Like: curlopt_sslengine. Can't find that in
> reference. And there many more like it. Where're they used?
>
> And if I want to add my own set, like for the Knop framework. Where
> do I put them?
>
> HDB
> Jolle

Re: [Announce] BBEdit 9.2 Supports Lasso Syntax Coloring and Code Folding

Johan Solve
I think you should direct issues like this to the BBEdit list and/or
BBEdit support. It will not do much help here,

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Gunther Bohnert
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found that code folding does not work correctly if there's some lasso code
> outside the <body> tag, for example:

>        <head>
>                [Include:'setup.inc']
>                <title>[$pagetitle]</title>
>        </head>
>
> Regards
> Gunther
>
> Gunther Bohnert
> Auchtweg 3 | D-73734 Esslingen | +49 172 6363902
> [hidden email]
>
> USt-ID DE159234758

>> This was supernice news!
>>
>> Code folding works, nice coloring, mixing of lasso code and html no
>> problem. Love it already!

>>> ok it is at:
>>>
>>> /Applications/BBEdit.app/Contents/Language Modules/Lasso.bblm/Contents/
>>> Info.plist
>>
>> Looking in there makes me impressed and confused. What's all them words
>> found in there? Like: curlopt_sslengine. Can't find that in reference. And
>> there many more like it. Where're they used?
>>
>> And if I want to add my own set, like for the Knop framework. Where do I
>> put them?
>>
>> HDB
>> Jolle

Mvh