Amazon AWS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Amazon AWS

fletcher sandbeck-2
I'm exploring options for installing Lasso on an EC2 instance.  I'm currently running 8.6 code on the server I want to move so I'm considering CentOS or RedHat.  Lasso 9 recommendations would also be welcome.  If anyone can suggest an AMI that worked as a starting point it would save me some time.

I have part of the CloudFront API working in Lasso as well if anyone is using that service.

[fletcher]

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Amazon AWS

Steve Upton

On Jan 12, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:

> I'm exploring options for installing Lasso on an EC2 instance.  I'm currently running 8.6 code on the server I want to move so I'm considering CentOS or RedHat.  Lasso 9 recommendations would also be welcome.  If anyone can suggest an AMI that worked as a starting point it would save me some time.

I doubt I can be any help but I'm very curious to hear how it turns out!

regards,

Steve Upton

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Amazon AWS

Gordon McLean
Awe have installed Lasso 8.5 and 9 on both Ubuntu and CentOS both used the vanilla installs from Amazon.  Most recently CentOS required a lot of intervention to get the installer for LP9 to run ie creating shortcuts that enabled it to function where the OS had links Lasso thought was broken etc.

Overall EC2 has been a faultless fast and mostly reliable service.  I am VERY keen to see a public image or images created and would vote for Ubuntu as the base platform on the basis this is the easiest to use and the most Mac like !!

Sent from my iPad

On 13 Jan 2012, at 05:53, Steve Upton <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On Jan 12, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:
>
>> I'm exploring options for installing Lasso on an EC2 instance.  I'm currently running 8.6 code on the server I want to move so I'm considering CentOS or RedHat.  Lasso 9 recommendations would also be welcome.  If anyone can suggest an AMI that worked as a starting point it would save me some time.
>
> I doubt I can be any help but I'm very curious to hear how it turns out!
>
> regards,
>
> Steve Upton
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Amazon AWS

Kyle Jessup-2
In reply to this post by fletcher sandbeck-2

On Jan 12, 2012, at 1:34 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:

> I'm exploring options for installing Lasso on an EC2 instance.  I'm currently running 8.6 code on the server I want to move so I'm considering CentOS or RedHat.  Lasso 9 recommendations would also be welcome.  If anyone can suggest an AMI that worked as a starting point it would save me some time.

For 9, I always test the CentOS and Ubuntu (and Windows) builds on their respective EC2 instances. I don't have the AMIs handy, but I always just pick the easy-mode base install for the platform.
-Kyle

> I have part of the CloudFront API working in Lasso as well if anyone is using that service.
>
> [fletcher]
>
> #############################################################
> This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
>  the mailing list Lasso
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

#############################################################
This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to
  the mailing list Lasso
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[hidden email]>
Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>