All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
70 messages Options
1234
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

m i l e s-4
Hmmmm,

Awfully quiet out there in Lasso land....

Yawn....gosh...hmmm if I drank I'd go have a beer, instead cranberry  
juice will do...

Who's buyin ?

M i l e s.


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Olivier Miossec
> Hmmmm,
>
> Awfully quiet out there in Lasso land....
>
> Yawn....gosh...hmmm if I drank I'd go have a beer, instead cranberry
> juice will do...
>
> Who's buyin ?
>
> M i l e s.


There is about 35 messages

A small monday


---
Olivier Miossec
AIM/ichat omiossec
--
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net
--

Need a Lasso consultant ?
(Lasso, Java, Databases Consultant ...)
http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/oliviermiossec/

--





------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

stevepiercy
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
On Tuesday, March 7, 2006, [hidden email] (Olivier Miossec) pronounced:
>There is about 35 messages
>
>A small monday


AJAX! AJAX! AJAX!


*returning under the rock from whence I slithered*

--steve
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
<[hidden email]>                   <http://www.StevePiercy.com>


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

decorior
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Now I know that feeling.


Every page.

For good clean fun AJAX,  check this out:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/signup/

Deco

On Mar 6, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 7, 2006, [hidden email] (Olivier  
> Miossec) pronounced:
>> There is about 35 messages
>>
>> A small monday
>
>
> AJAX! AJAX! AJAX!
>
>
> *returning under the rock from whence I slithered*
>
> --steve
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                   <http://www.StevePiercy.com>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:
> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

m i l e s-4
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4

 >*returning under the rock from whence I slithered*

AND STAY THERE! ! ! !

Hmmmmmph!

M.


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

m i l e s-4
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Deco,

Sah-weet lil reg app.

I gotta get my lil MilesLikeHands on THAT one.

M.


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

decorior
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Hey, Miles:

Doing it right now here...yours when we are done!

Submit button should be smarter though!

Ready for the next summit yet?

Deco
On Mar 7, 2006, at 12:16 AM, m i l e s wrote:

> Deco,
>
> Sah-weet lil reg app.
>
> I gotta get my lil MilesLikeHands on THAT one.
>
> M.
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:  http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

m i l e s-4
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Deco,

Thanks fo showin a brotha some lov.

(unlike some other people who shall remain, nah ta hell wit  
dat:...STEVE PIERCY!)

Yup, sure am ready and THIS time....We'll have even more toys and  
more people and more and more and more....yippppppppeeeeeee, can't wait.

M i l e s.



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Brian K. Middendorf
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
> Sah-weet lil reg app.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have said Flash, JavaScript, and CSS  
are evil from day one (at least my day one, for each).  Why?  Because  
they are overdone.  I see that happening with AJAX.  Maybe it is the  
shiny new toy, but, while I see the possibilities, I think people  
will grow tired of it like the gratuitous Flash splash page because  
people don't know when and where to use stuff.  And that's why I  
don't use any of it.  Long live non-validating HTML (and blink, or  
whatever it is called)!!!!

> I gotta get my lil MilesLikeHands on THAT one.

Um, I'll leave that one alone.

-brian.




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Jono-2
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
oh yeah, now ya talking.
just not on the same weekend eh?

On 07/03/2006, at 8:27 PM, Deco Rior wrote:

> Ready for the next summit yet?


Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Göran Törnquist
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Jono,
you'll have to plan your vacation on Jamaica next time. :-P

/Göran

>oh yeah, now ya talking.
>just not on the same weekend eh?
>
>On 07/03/2006, at 8:27 PM, Deco Rior wrote:
>
>>Ready for the next summit yet?
>
>
>Jono
>
>// ---------------------------------------------------------
>/*
>     Jonathan Guthrie
>     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
>     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890
>
>*/
>// ---------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------
>Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
>Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
>Manage your list subscription:
>http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
>
>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and
>dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>believed to be clean.


--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Jono-2
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
I have a glass of Jamaican rum in my hand even now.
At the rate those 2 bottles are disappearing I will have to  
strategize how to get more back next time.

Hoping to spend more time in Florida before and after @ 2007 summit  
(hoping and assuming there is one). I may even have my better half  
with me :)


On 08/03/2006, at 1:04 AM, Göran Törnquist wrote:

> Jono,
> you'll have to plan your vacation on Jamaica next time. :-P
>
> /Göran
>
>> oh yeah, now ya talking.
>> just not on the same weekend eh?
>>
>> On 07/03/2006, at 8:27 PM, Deco Rior wrote:
>>
>>> Ready for the next summit yet?
>>
>>
>> Jono
>>
>> // ---------------------------------------------------------
>> /*
>>     Jonathan Guthrie
>>     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
>>     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890
>>
>> */
>> // ---------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
>> Manage your list subscription: http://www.listsearch.com/ 
>> lassotalk.lasso?manage
>>
>> --
>> This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>> believed to be clean.
>
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:  http://www.listsearch.com/ 
> lassotalk.lasso?manage


Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Clive Bruton
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4

On 7 Mar 2006, at 08:04, Brian K. Middendorf wrote:

> Why?  Because they are overdone.  I see that happening with AJAX.

Yes, people will always overdo it, not really look at the UI they are  
developing and create a mess. But, that doesn't mean that everyone  
has to - there seems to be some useful stuff in there, even if that's  
only doing auto-complete and then having someone hit a submit/save  
button.

On a purely gratuitous note: why do some people pronounce Lasso "las-
oh" rather than "las-oo"!?


-- Clive


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Mark Palmer
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Whilst at the summit I got a little stick from Kerry for my Lass-ew
pronunciation. :)


on 7/3/06 12:10, Clive Bruton at [hidden email] wrote:

>
> On 7 Mar 2006, at 08:04, Brian K. Middendorf wrote:
>
>> Why?  Because they are overdone.  I see that happening with AJAX.
>
> Yes, people will always overdo it, not really look at the UI they are
> developing and create a mess. But, that doesn't mean that everyone
> has to - there seems to be some useful stuff in there, even if that's
> only doing auto-complete and then having someone hit a submit/save
> button.
>
> On a purely gratuitous note: why do some people pronounce Lasso "las-
> oh" rather than "las-oo"!?
>
>
> -- Clive
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:
> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage


Regards


Mark Palmer, Pageworks

T: 01902 620500            F: 01902 620440
E: [hidden email]    W: www.pageworks.co.uk




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Jono-2
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
Yeah well IMHO the yanks have a lot to answer for.
colour / color for one example. Selective (mis)placement of vowels is  
detrimental to proper and correct communicatiion.
The Hollywood beachfront "Dawg" and Jai Alai heckling are classic  
examples of the evolution of language :)

For those not exposed to Jai Alai Florida-style, it's an education  
that you may want to keep from delicate sensibilities... worthwhile  
for entertainment value next summit though!


On 08/03/2006, at 1:22 AM, Mark Palmer wrote:

> Whilst at the summit I got a little stick from Kerry for my Lass-ew
> pronunciation. :)
>
>
> on 7/3/06 12:10, Clive Bruton at [hidden email] wrote:
>
>>
>> On 7 Mar 2006, at 08:04, Brian K. Middendorf wrote:
>>
>>> Why?  Because they are overdone.  I see that happening with AJAX.
>>
>> Yes, people will always overdo it, not really look at the UI they are
>> developing and create a mess. But, that doesn't mean that everyone
>> has to - there seems to be some useful stuff in there, even if that's
>> only doing auto-complete and then having someone hit a submit/save
>> button.
>>
>> On a purely gratuitous note: why do some people pronounce Lasso "las-
>> oh" rather than "las-oo"!?
>>
>>
>> -- Clive
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
>> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
>> Manage your list subscription:
>> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
>
>
> Regards
>
>
> Mark Palmer, Pageworks
>
> T: 01902 620500            F: 01902 620440
> E: [hidden email]    W: www.pageworks.co.uk
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
> Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
> Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
> Manage your list subscription:
> http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage


Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz   | +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------




------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Clive Bruton
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4

On 7 Mar 2006, at 12:38, Jono wrote:

> Yeah well IMHO the yanks have a lot to answer for.

But it's not just a Septic pronunciation thing, John Wayne always  
says las-oo doesn't he!?

> For those not exposed to Jai Alai Florida-style...

I think I'm losing it.


-- Clive


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

John May-2
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
>On 7 Mar 2006, at 08:04, Brian K. Middendorf wrote:
>
>>Why?  Because they are overdone.  I see that happening with AJAX.
>
>Yes, people will always overdo it, not really look at the UI they
>are developing and create a mess. But, that doesn't mean that
>everyone has to - there seems to be some useful stuff in there, even
>if that's only doing auto-complete and then having someone hit a
>submit/save button.
>
>On a purely gratuitous note: why do some people pronounce Lasso
>"las-oh" rather than "las-oo"!?
>
>-- Clive


Because it is "las-oh" ;)

        - John

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------
John May : President                  <http://www.pointinspace.com>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             [hidden email]

       Professional Lasso / PHP / MySQL / FileMaker Pro Hosting



------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Jason Pettis
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4
>>
>>On a purely gratuitous note: why do some people pronounce Lasso
>>"las-oh" rather than "las-oo"!?
>>
>>-- Clive
>
>
>Because it is "las-oh" ;)
>
> - John


You really have to twang it up to get las-oo to work:
"I'm ah fixin' to las-oo up me som' dawgies a'for th' big cattle drive
nex' week, y'all."


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Clive Bruton
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4

On 7 Mar 2006, at 16:53, John May wrote:

> Because it is "las-oh" ;)

You mean it's not the same as a piece of rope with a loop on the end,  
primarily designed for catching cattle!?


-- Clive


------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: All Quiet on the Lasso Front...

Clive Bruton
In reply to this post by m i l e s-4

On 7 Mar 2006, at 17:39, Jason Pettis wrote:

> You really have to twang it up to get las-oo to work:
> "I'm ah fixin' to las-oo up me som' dawgies a'for th' big cattle drive
> nex' week, y'all."


I asked Oxford:

        lasso
        /lasoo/ <!-- pronunciation

    • noun (pl. lassos or lassoes) a rope with a noose at one end,  
used especially

        in North America for catching cattle.

    • verb (lassoes, lassoed) catch with a lasso.

    — DERIVATIVES lassoer noun.

    — ORIGIN Spanish lazo, from Latin laqueus ‘noose’.



        http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/lasso?view=uk





-- Clive

------------------------------
Lasso Support: http://support.omnipilot.com/
Search the list archives: http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso
Manage your list subscription:  
http://www.listsearch.com/lassotalk.lasso?manage
1234