Ajax is passe. Comet Anyone?

decorior
We are starting to look at using Comet or "Ajax Push."

Is there anyone out there that is doing this?

This "should" be a topic for the conference also?

Some of this may require some core lasso? for example. the Lasso
server should be managing the pushes?

So many questions in starting to think about this!

Deco

Re: Ajax is passe. Comet Anyone?

Steve Upton
At 12:46 PM -0600 3/27/09, Deco Rior wrote:
>We are starting to look at using Comet or "Ajax Push."
>
>Is there anyone out there that is doing this?

we have been looking at it but as it has had specific server requirements I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.

I would love to see Lasso/Apache have some sort of native support for it.

>Some of this may require some core lasso? for example. the Lasso server should be managing the pushes?

I think so but I can't remember off the top of my head.

regards,

Steve

Deco Rior wrote on 3/27/2009 1:46 PM:
> We are starting to look at using Comet or "Ajax Push."

FWIW, something else to keep an eye on is HTML 5's "Server-Sent Events":

        http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/

Of course, it'll be some time before it gets implemented in the browsers, but looks interesting...