[ANN] OmniPilot Software Wraps Up FileMaker Developer's Conference & Extends Lasso Sales Promotion Until End of Month

[ANN] OmniPilot Software Wraps Up FileMaker Developer's Conference & Extends Lasso Sales Promotion Until End of Month

Brett Circe
FILEMAKER DEVELOPER CONFERENCE WRAP-UP - OmniPilot Software's
presence at this year's FileMaker Developer Conference demonstrates
OmniPilot's commitment to continuing a strong relationship with
FileMaker.  OmniPilot's Lasso product line has experienced vibrant
and robust growth and OmniPilot is excited about future opportunities
for collaboration with FileMaker.

"FileMaker has realized a need for Web connectivity - validating what
Lasso has been doing for years. Lasso and FileMaker are heading in
the right direction," said Kerry Adams, Lasso sales manager. "At the
conference, we were able to discuss our ideas and future plans and we
are both interested in exploring additional opportunities for growth."

Over 1,300 people attended the Developer Conference, and the
OmniPilot team met with many FileMaker users who were looking to get
into Web development. Many did not have a programming background and
found that PHP has a high learning curve. A lot of FileMaker users
expressed an interest in Lasso, and many had used Lasso in their
former jobs as independent FileMaker users. Due to its ease-of-use
and long history as the leading third-party product for tying
FileMaker database to the Web, Lasso is a great way to get started
with Web development.

"One key advantage of using Lasso is that LassoScript is a better
match for those who use FileMaker calculations and scripts, but
aren't day-to-day programmers," said Fletcher Sandbeck, director of
product development for Lasso. "Lasso's longevity and architectural
stability help differentiate it from other offerings like the PHP
API's."

Many attendees express that the PHP API's they had worked with were
more difficult to understand than FileMaker's built-in development
tools. They were able to understand Lasso's syntax through a quick
demonstration and were impressed by Lasso's speed and ease-of-use,
added Sandbeck.

OmniPilot Software has extended its FileMaker Developer Conference
special offer until the end of August. Users can upgrade to Lasso
Professional 8.5 from ANY PREVIOUS VERSION of Lasso Professional or
Lasso Web Data Engine for only $299. All new Lasso Professional 8.5
licenses are only $599.  For more information, please visit http://
store.omnipilot.com or contact OmniPilot at 800-678-9958.

About OmniPilot Software
OmniPilot Software, Inc. is a software development company offering
cross-platform business management solutions designed to help small-
to-mid-sized businesses (SMBs) optimize their online presence. In
2006, OmniPilot celebrates the 10-year anniversary of Lasso, which
survived the boom and bust of the dot.com era because of its loyal
following. It has grown from a simple scripting language on the Mac
to an enterprise programming language for Mac, Windows and Linux.
Lasso is a secure corporate alternative to open source Web
development languages. OmniPilot's software is used by over 15,000
corporations worldwide from The Golf Channel to NASA, as well as over
1,000 educational institutions from Massachusetts Institute of
Technology (MIT) to the University of Houston (UH) to name a few. For
more information visit http://www.omnipilot.com.

# # #

Media contact:
Valerie Milkins
Starmark International
954-874-9000
[hidden email]

Brett Circe

Re: [ANN] OmniPilot Software Wraps Up FileMaker Developer'sConference & Extends Lasso Sales Promotion Until End of Month

Kerry Adams
Lasso Talk members,

Just in case you missed it:

OmniPilot Software has extended its FileMaker Developer Conference special
offer until the end of August. Users can upgrade to Lasso Professional 8.5
from ANY PREVIOUS VERSION of Lasso Professional or Lasso Web Data Engine for
only $299!

All new Lasso Professional 8.5 licenses are only $599!

Special pricing will be shown when products are added to your shopping cart.

For more information or to place an order, please visit
http://store.omnipilot.com or contact the sales department at 800-678-9958
or via email at [hidden email]

Cheers,

Kerry Adams
OmniPilot Software, Inc.

Re: [ANN] OmniPilot Software Wraps Up FileMaker Developer'sConference & Extends Lasso Sales Promotion Until End of Month

Mason Miller
Does that include Lasso Lite?

Mason

Kerry Adams wrote:

> Lasso Talk members,
>
> Just in case you missed it:
>
> OmniPilot Software has extended its FileMaker Developer Conference special
> offer until the end of August. Users can upgrade to Lasso Professional 8.5
> from ANY PREVIOUS VERSION of Lasso Professional or Lasso Web Data Engine for
> only $299!
>
> All new Lasso Professional 8.5 licenses are only $599!
>
> Special pricing will be shown when products are added to your shopping cart.
>
> For more information or to place an order, please visit
> http://store.omnipilot.com or contact the sales department at 800-678-9958
> or via email at [hidden email]
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kerry Adams
> OmniPilot Software, Inc.

Re: [ANN] OmniPilot Software Wraps Up FileMaker Developer'sConference & Extends Lasso Sales Promotion Until End of Month

Bil Corry-3
I was doing some cleaning yesterday and found my Lasso 1.0 receipt from Blue World.  I paid $199 for the "Special Kickoff Promo. Offer" and it's date 1996-10-29, just a few days after 1.0 was released.  It's been a fun 10 years!

- Bil