[ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

[ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Sean Stephens-2
Greetings All

I want to usher in the new chapter of Lasso's history in with a new attitude and a special word: Glasnost.

Effective immediately, all intellectual assets of LassoSoft LLC (WA, US) have changed hands into a new corporation: called, oddly enough, LassoSoft Inc. (ON, CA). Our new ownership is synonymous with a website development agency that you may be familiar with - Treefrog Interactive Inc. We are a group of active and relentless Lasso developers in Canada who have been developing with Lasso since the early days of the language.

Lasso is not just going to survive, but we are firmly behind it to ensure it to ensure it achieves greatness. This last few years have been the dark ages for the language, and we look forward to a turnaround and new dramatic growth.

I strongly believe that everyone on this list - the last frontier of active Lasso developers - deserves an explanation as to what as been happening over the last number of years, especially the last few months. Many rumours abound (and many more, I am sure, will arise) about what has been going on behind the Inline Curtain. I do not want to spend much of my time with you rehashing the past, but I do believe that you all deserve to hear what I believe to be the truth.

!n 1995, a developer created a set of scripts to enable Apple's Filemaker to connect to the web. The same year, Apple's Claris released Claris Homepage, one of the first WYSIWYG HTML editors. Soon afterwards, Claris licensed Lasso's innards to run web connectivity for Filemaker. Filemaker users flocked to take advantage of the possibilities: Lasso was effectively born.

In 1998, Apple's Claris software lineup was being beaten to death by other strong contenders, and Apple effectively dropped Claris to become just Filemaker. Lasso, now standing on its own feet, became the language of choice for connecting Filemaker and the world with any sophistication. Many of us were Macheads and fell into Lasso by chance - a playground that technological early adopters found delightful.

In the early 2000's Apple had effectively changed tactics with Filemaker, and Blueworld made a strong decision to move into MySQL. Blueworld was struggling, due to the pressures of redeploying on new platforms and based on the business model driving them to compete with other free languages. Blueworld had a dozen employees but was growing up against LAMP servers - with nowhere to maneuver. The new Lasso 5 product was the "odd man out" in a Windows/Linux dominated server culture, and raw server power had broken a reasonable threshold to require less licences to run more sites. Sales in the current model were reflective of this - they were starting to falter. Developers started voting with their feet.

A long-time lasso development company in Florida called Starmark purchased Lasso to use in one of their products. Starmark purchased the intellectual assets at a significant price under the company name OmniPilot. After pumping in money and new life into the company, the hemmoraging of developers ended and they started again to realize growth. After a few years, Starmark merged with another company whose focus was not on software development - and thus Lasso was squeezed out.

Fortunately, as Lasso developers themselves, leadership at Starmark realized the need to keep Lasso alive. The owners approached some of their key employees: Kyle, Fletcher and Kerry, who banded together to form a new company: LassoSoft LLC. They picked up the flag, hired the remaining team and continued running into the future, through a buy-back deal with Starmark, and through taking personal paycuts themselves in good faith.

Dark times were ahead. The new company failed to change business models and concentrated on the old ideas: building a new, faster widget and sell it at the same price, while other products competed for free. Kyle and his team buried themselves in building a compellingly better product - and after several years, the project was finished but failed to meet expectations (and wasn't released). Again, Kyle dove into a new product with new lessons once again, while Kerry and Fletcher and others continued supporting and pushing the existing - and excellent, but now older - products.

After many years without a new product to sell, less and less revenue came into the company. All focused on the Holy Grail of the "new product", Lasso 9. But without revenue, LassoSoft LLC began to feel the pinch of reality. All focus became completing the product of Lasso 9. Without enough resources to reach the finish line, and they developed what they could as revenue trickled in.

All of the partners began skipping paydays to keep the vision alive. More debts accumulated, additional funds were put in by the partners - and they continued to push as hard as they could with more and more strain on cash flow.

As many of you know, for various reasons, the partners began dropping out in longer and longer spurts. Fletcher first, as his other, profitable family venture needed attention. Kyle second and more recently, as his wife was with child and the US Health care system didn't pick up the tab. And finally Kerry, valiantly trying to keep LassoSoft alive by hook or by crook, by promise and by hope (even moving to a lower cost continent) with nothing left to keep the R&D machine alive. Very few people were buying anything, as everyone could smell the death in the air.

The partners valiantly bailed for their lives, while the water poured in the cracks.

In the last few months, LassoSoft LLC's revenue was not enough to keep the interest of the accumulated debts alive (some loans had a staggering post-recession 30.1% interest rate). Treefrog and others (including Starmark, partners and employees), all wrote off significant portions and/or all of their debts - equivalent to the value of a small parking lot filled with cars.

Out there in the world exist almost 38,000 known developers who have at one time used the Lasso tool at different levels (still about 22,000 people follow the language, about 500 actively follow the community). And yet, the language was basically perceived to be dead.

Through managing and paying off critical and registered encumbrances, Treefrog rescued the baby of the Lasso language from the sinking ship. As someone noted, LassoSoft had died at the finish line - we have picked up the torch and will continue to run with it with determination and grit.

I am the new CEO and owner. I will not make promises without the capacity to fulfil them. But I will promise the following... it's going to be hard. It's going to take time. Even nine women can't make a baby in one month. We are going to challenge everything which has been done to date and set a course for constant improvement. And it will be a labour of love.

And we will listen to you.

Lasso is not going to die. If I did not sincerely believe it has the capacity to be faster, more secure and more simple to use than anything available to the world, we at Treefrog would have moved to PHP, Python or *shudder* Microsoft ourselves. But instead, Treefrog has put its money where its mouth is. We are going to put our shoulder to the grindstone and push Lasso 9 over the finish line to glory.

The following is true;

1) As of this moment, Kyle is now working full time for LassoSoft Inc. once more and has a long term contract in place.
2) As of this moment, Kerry is working full time for LassoSoft Inc., as an integral contributor to future business development and growth.
3) As of this moment, Paul has also agreed to continue working to support, testing and improving the product.
4) Fletcher has found other permanent hunting grounds, but will come back shortly on contract with LassoSoft Inc. to help get Lasso 9 up to par with 8 and beyond, with a role in documentation and technical writing.
5) We have several other people full-time on the new team already working, to be introduced later.
6) We will be bringing many of the resources of Treefrog to the table to promote and push LassoSoft and our product LEAP™ (albeit, not as one product, as they both have different end users).

These additional opportunities and resources within the Lasso community will hopefully once more ignite the fire that once made Lasso the obvious and best platform to use in web development. We will return to that honour with clarity.

Note that we also at Treefrog went through profound soul searching, and probed deep into the thought of rebuilding our new upcoming product in other languages. Everyone else here did that as well - we all know it, it's silly to pretend we didn't. From what I can tell, most people have checked their hopes for Lasso's future at the door. However, we looked at the benefits of Lasso, the strength of the user community, the new product which is currently in place (which is under-documented but justifiably magnificent) - and we were convinced it still had amazing opportunities to offer.

We did not buy Lasso to leave it in the cupboard. It is now its own company, with its own clients, and will be treated as such. Treefrog will merely provide support infrastructure as needed until LassoSoft can stand on its own.

This is a new era of transparency and respect. Our focus will be security, speed and language elegance (read: simplicity).

It is my belief that I am not writing to a group of developers, but writing to a group of leaders and teachers of the next generation of developers. I believe the goal of LassoSoft is not to suckle on the teet of developer goodwill, but bring you all work, success and opportunity. To save you hassle, not create it. The individuals on this list I see as the leaders of future developers, the Kings and Queens of the Internet - the champions of the future of technology. And for each of you here now today, I hope you will become ten thousand.

We will be the leaders of the web once again. It is within our grasp.

I also commit to you, that if we struggle to the point of failure, I will not let Lasso die in my hands. We will find a new mechanism. In the short term, we are going to try and raise capital through meaningful services and programs. We are going to push it into schools, push it into agencies, push it around the world. We will  create a magnificent new ship and avoid iceburgs at all costs. A victorious product, through security, security and simplicity.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.

Once more into the breach, my dear friends!

Follow this space, as more will come.

Sean Stephens
CEO
LassoSoft Inc.

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

fletcher sandbeck-2
I, for one, welcome our new amphibious overlords.

We've been working on this deal for some time and it is gratifying to see it finally come to a close.

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Israel Thompson
Thank you for the announcement, Sean.

When will we be able to ask questions?

Izz

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Sean Stephens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>
> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>
> Follow this space, as more will come.
>
> Sean Stephens
> CEO
> LassoSoft Inc.

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Marc Pinnell-3
Thanks for the note Sean.... now I am off to let that sink in...

Marc

--
Marc Pinnell
1027 Design

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

gzasuwa
FANTASTICALLY WRITTEN LETTER - APPLAUD APPLAUD!!!!!!!!
I am re-energized.

Sincerely,

Gerard Zasuwa Gary
Senior Systems Analyst
Henry Ford Health System
Greenfield Health System
(313)-916-2651 work
(313)-585-9621 NEW CELL
(248)-360-0456 home

LEGAL NOTICE: This e-mail is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete the e-mail from your computer and do not copy or disclose it to anyone else. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege.

FEDERAL TAX ADVICE DISCLAIMER: Under U. S. Treasury Regulations, we are informing you that, to the extent this message includes any federal tax advice, this message is not intended or written by the sender to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties.

On Dec 3, 2010, at 4:36 PM, Sean Stephens wrote:

> [...]
>
> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>
> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>
> Follow this space, as more will come.
>
> Sean Stephens
> CEO
> LassoSoft Inc.

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Lieven Gekiere-2
Ah, I expected this to happen after the LDC in Amsterdam.

This is good news!

Lieven

On 3-dec.-2010, at 22:36, Sean Stephens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>
> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>
> Follow this space, as more will come.
>
> Sean Stephens
> CEO
> LassoSoft Inc.

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

On 12/3/10 at 1:53 PM, [hidden email] (Fletcher Sandbeck) pronounced:

>I, for one, welcome our new amphibious overlords.
>
>We've been working on this deal for some time and it is
>gratifying to see it finally come to a close.
>
>[fletcher]

Personally, this statement alone had a greater positive impact
than Sean's announcement.  It is good to see that the [fletcher]
tag has not been deprecated.

-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
Soquel, CA

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Marc Pope-2
Congratulations on the new venture. We are very excited to service a new surge of Lasso Developers!

Sincerely,

Marc Pope
Falcon Internet

> [...]

> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>
> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>
> Follow this space, as more will come.
>
> Sean Stephens
> CEO
> LassoSoft Inc.

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Trevor Borgmeier
+1

on 12/3/10 4:36 PM Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> On 12/3/10 at 1:53 PM, [hidden email] (Fletcher Sandbeck)
> pronounced:
>
>> I, for one, welcome our new amphibious overlords.
>>
>> We've been working on this deal for some time and it is gratifying to
>> see it finally come to a close.
>>
>> [fletcher]
>
> Personally, this statement alone had a greater positive impact than
> Sean's announcement.  It is good to see that the [fletcher] tag has
> not been deprecated.
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]> <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

> <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> Send administrative queries to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

French, Shelane
+1

On 12/3/10 2:36 PM, "Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 12/3/10 at 1:53 PM, [hidden email] (Fletcher Sandbeck) pronounced:
>
>> I, for one, welcome our new amphibious overlords.
>>
>> We've been working on this deal for some time and it is
>> gratifying to see it finally come to a close.
>>
>> [fletcher]
>
> Personally, this statement alone had a greater positive impact
> than Sean's announcement.  It is good to see that the [fletcher]
> tag has not been deprecated.
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
> Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Alex Pilson-2
Good to see you post Fletcher.

That message from Sean is pretty awe inspiring. We can see how he
leads and is why his company is so successful. Good luck and thanks.

Alex

On Dec 3, 2010, at 4:53 PM, Fletcher Sandbeck wrote:

> I, for one, welcome our new amphibious overlords.
>
> We've been working on this deal for some time and it is gratifying
> to see it finally come to a close.
>
> [fletcher]

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]
> >
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Gordon McLean
Good, well done a smart move which I hope for every ones sake is a success

Gordon McLean
Sent from iPad

On 3 Dec 2010, at 21:54, Israel Thompson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>>
>> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>>
>> Follow this space, as more will come.
>>
>> Sean Stephens
>> CEO
>> LassoSoft Inc.

>> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
>> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Chris Wik-4
Big congratulations to all involved in this deal. I for one am really excited to see what is in store for Lasso. Great way to end the week!

--
Chris Wik
Anu Internet Services Ltd

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Stefano Scarano
Hi, I'm using Lasso from version 3.6.5 (now with 8.5.6) and this is my first message in the list.
My name is Stefano Scarano, and I followed every thread in all these years, reading and learning by many great developers.
I developed and delivered around 50 projects based on Lasso, mainly data driven websites and back office application.

Thank you Sean, your message gave me a new hope in future of my favourite developer product: in last years I tried to imagine me doing with php/ruby/python/the_next_thing the same magic I do with Lasso but never I believed to reach same goals with same satisfaction and joy of use.

I want to thank also every Lasso developer, in every corner of the world and people at LassoSoft LLC: Kyle, Kerry, Fletcher and others for the great work in these years... thank you!

My little contribution to this new era it will be to participate to the forum http://listening.lassosoft.com/ (public, great idea! and your words 'transparency and respect' are music for my ears) and I'm ready to be evangelist/italian translator/blogger for increment italian Lasso users (I know there is another italian developer, Fabrizio are you reading?)

Long live LassoSoft Inc., long live Lasso Community, greetings from Italy!

Stefano

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Black Night Lists
Congratulations! and I look forward to being a part of this new chapter!

On 3 Dec 2010, at 21:36, Sean Stephens wrote:

> I want to usher in the new chapter of Lasso's history in with a new attitude and a special word: Glasnost.

Regards

Stephen Thirlwell
Black Night Software
Lasso Hosting and Development
http://www.ukmachosting.com

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Waters, Thomas C
As someone who has been developing with Lasso from the very beginning, the "history" in this email is offensive and not really true.

Lasso as a language has much to offer, and there are valid reasons why many developers have stuck it out with Lasso. There really is no need to rewrite history.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 3, 2010, at 4:36 PM, "Sean Stephens" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>
> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>
> Follow this space, as more will come.
>
> Sean Stephens
> CEO
> LassoSoft Inc.

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

jasonhuck
What's so terribly offensive and/or inaccurate about it? I have no doubt this was written with input from Kerry, Kyle, and crew, who would know the history, and in particular the internal struggles, better than anyone.

It's not intended as an insult, just an acknowledgement that there have been various ups and downs in the history of the platform.

- jason

On Dec 4, 2010, at 8:46 AM, "Waters, Thomas C" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>>
>> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>>
>> Follow this space, as more will come.
>>
>> Sean Stephens
>> CEO
>> LassoSoft Inc.

>> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
>> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
>> Send administrative queries to  <[hidden email]>

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Richard Taubo
Hi!

On 3. des. 2010, at 22.36, Sean Stephens wrote:

> Greetings All
>
> I want to usher in the new chapter of Lasso's history in with a new attitude and a special word: Glasnost.

Congratulations! :-)

Glasnost and maybe even more Перестройка (Perestroika, i.e. Restructuring)?

It's a gutsy and bold move: Chapeau!

Best regards,
Richard Taubo

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

Marc Vos
Finally it's official! Great news! Thanks so much! Now I don't have to switch and can continue to train two potentially new Lasso developers!

- -
Thanks!
Marc Vos

On 3 dec 2010, at 22:36, Sean Stephens wrote:

> [...]
>
> The best way to predict the future is to invent it. I look forward to a remarkable future with you all.
>
> Once more into the breach, my dear friends!
>
> Follow this space, as more will come.
>
> Sean Stephens
> CEO
> LassoSoft Inc.

> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>
To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[hidden email]>

Re: [ANN] LassoSoft is Dead. Long live LassoSoft.

brian.hull
Hi All,

One thing for sure all the people lurking on the list, [like me!] will have some thoughts about the latest turn of events with our once favourite development tool. I have said this before, but privately to other Lasso developers, anyway I feel it sufficiently important to say it again...

The developers can be split into a number of categories, two of which I know about are significant to the long term future of Lasso, other categories may be better addressed by people with the relevant experience.

The first is the developer who decides to make use of Lasso as a component part of a saleable product, or service.

The second is the developer who trades in the open market offering solutions to external clients.

I did a few "products" in the first category, all of which were quite well received but were not suitably financed to drive users to the product, one because I lacked sufficient dosh [money] to push the marketing forward, and the second and third withered because the external joint venture partner in each case could not, and did not place sufficient resources at the disposal of the venture [staff and marketing]. These things are common in Internet start-ups as people have grand expectations of repeating the success of Google et al with little idea of how such organisations really succeed! My point on this category is that my choice of software; Lasso, was happily accepted by non-technical partners as they were impressed with what had previously been created for them. Generally the IT side was my concern.

The second category I mention the trader/developer is a wholly different animal; and following trends has to be part of the smart mammal's toolkit. So Lasso with a less than high perception in the market place I have found to be restricted to clients who have little or no IT input. Where a client who is, say, part of a department that may look to others in the organisation to pass comment on a proposal, sticking with tried and tested methods always trumps small players, sadly Lasso has never gotten out of this loop. The old adage "No-one ever got fired for buying IBM", comes to mind!

I used to have a large cupboard full of old software, CyberStudio, Quark Immedia, Apple Media Tool were just a few of the boxes gathering dust, I hope Lasso does not join the ranks of these old beasts.

Thinking about how Lasso should move forward with the new owners, it is vital to find a better way than those previously adopted and mentioned herein by others. I'm sure everyone on this list would like to see Lasso succeed, but many I fear like me, see the magnitude of the task as being daunting, unless a USP of some real interest can be found, we should all think what such a thing might be? Could a "packaged solutions" store aka iTunes Apps be the route, thus allowing developers to get something back through the language. I'm thinking of full systems [CMS, Carts, etc] rather than bespoke blocks of code found at Tagswap.

Just my few pence worth!

Cheers

Brian Hull