[ANN] LassoChat is now on Gitter

Rachel Guthrie
Hi All,

We welcome any and all of you in our great community to join the chat on Gitter at

https://gitter.im/LassoSoft/LassoChat <https://gitter.im/LassoSoft/LassoChat>

Lasso’s old Aim chatroom is like a ghost-town now with dust balls rolling down the street, as all the cool kids have followed the lure of the shiny.

Yes, it is another thing to have open on the desktop, but it also brings benefits like:

1. we can direct link to our code so ideas and issues can be readily shared and discussed

2. the world can more readily discover just how cool Lasso (and the Lasso developer community) is

3. we can give each other more emoji’s than ever

See you all on there soon!

Rachel Guthrie
Manager, LassoSoft Inc
+1 888-286-7753 x1
http://LassoSoft.com
t: LassoSoft      f: LassoSoft
https://gitter.im/LassoSoft/LassoChat

Re: [ANN] LassoChat is now on Gitter

Jolle Carlestam-2
20 nov 2015 kl. 16:09 skrev Rachel Guthrie <[hidden email]>:

> Hi All,
>
> We welcome any and all of you in our great community to join the chat on Gitter at
>
> https://gitter.im/LassoSoft/LassoChat <https://gitter.im/LassoSoft/LassoChat>
>
> Lasso’s old Aim chatroom is like a ghost-town now with dust balls rolling down the street, as all the cool kids have followed the lure of the shiny.
>
> Yes, it is another thing to have open on the desktop, but it also brings benefits like:
>
> 1. we can direct link to our code so ideas and issues can be readily shared and discussed
>
> 2. the world can more readily discover just how cool Lasso (and the Lasso developer community) is
>
> 3. we can give each other more emoji’s than ever
>

> See you all on there soon!

Let me add some more irresistible arguments.

1/ I am of course a constant piece of furniture in this room

2/ (If you really need more arguments than point 1 above…) Gitter allows you to see what’s been said even if you weren’t logged in at the time it was said. Good, because we can discover more cool things that’s been said in our absence. Bad, because we can now no longer say things and hope they will be forgotten, or unread.

3/ Gitter has client software for desktop and for smartphones. Something I’ve missed sorely in the old AIM room, that I was confined to my computer in order to participate. Check out the cool apps here:
https://gitter.im/apps

4/ If you’ve misspelled something and don’t discover that until you’ve sent it (happens to me in about 50% of the cases), Gitter allows you to correct your spelling of the last submitted text. At least for a couple of minutes.

Come join us and chat away!

Re: [ANN] LassoChat is now on Gitter

Johan Solve
I was about to "why not Slack?", then I read up... Good choice!

http://blog.freecodecamp.com/2015/06/so-yeah-we-tried-slack-and-we-deeply-regretted-it.html

> 20 nov 2015 kl. 16:09 skrev Rachel Guthrie <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We welcome any and all of you in our great community to join the chat on Gitter at
>>
>> https://gitter.im/LassoSoft/LassoChat <https://gitter.im/LassoSoft/LassoChat>
>>
>> Lasso’s old Aim chatroom is like a ghost-town now with dust balls rolling down the street, as all the cool kids have followed the lure of the shiny.
>>
>> Yes, it is another thing to have open on the desktop, but it also brings benefits like:
>>
>> 1. we can direct link to our code so ideas and issues can be readily shared and discussed
>>
>> 2. the world can more readily discover just how cool Lasso (and the Lasso developer community) is
>>
>> 3. we can give each other more emoji’s than ever
>>

>> See you all on there soon!
>
> Let me add some more irresistible arguments.
>
> 1/ I am of course a constant piece of furniture in this room
>
> 2/ (If you really need more arguments than point 1 above…) Gitter allows you to see what’s been said even if you weren’t logged in at the time it was said. Good, because we can discover more cool things that’s been said in our absence. Bad, because we can now no longer say things and hope they will be forgotten, or unread.
>
> 3/ Gitter has client software for desktop and for smartphones. Something I’ve missed sorely in the old AIM room, that I was confined to my computer in order to participate. Check out the cool apps here:
> https://gitter.im/apps
>
> 4/ If you’ve misspelled something and don’t discover that until you’ve sent it (happens to me in about 50% of the cases), Gitter allows you to correct your spelling of the last submitted text. At least for a couple of minutes.
>
> Come join us and chat away!
>
> HDB
> Jolle

Mvh
Johan Sölve
Montania System AB
Halmstad   Stockholm
http://www.montania.se

Johan Sölve
Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
[hidden email]

Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801