[ANN] Lasso Summit 2007 to be held at the Riverside Hotel in FortLauderdale, Florida.

[ANN] Lasso Summit 2007 to be held at the Riverside Hotel in FortLauderdale, Florida.

Kerry Adams

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - September 6, 2006 - Heunox Corporation and OmniPilot
Software, Inc., today announced Lasso Summit 2007 scheduled for March 2-4,
2007 at the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Lasso Summit is
the premier event for all Lasso developers of any skill level.

"We are excited to build upon the success of the Lasso Summit 2006 by
partnering again with Jim Van Heule and sponsoring Lasso Summit 2007." said
Brett Circe, President, OmniPilot Software. "This must-attend event will
have even more to offer to new and experienced Lasso developers in a setting
that cultivates business opportunities with Lasso."

OmniPilot will kick off this two-day conference with a keynote address on
the evening of Friday, March 2nd. The company will present a roadmap of the
Lasso product line and share it's vision for the future. A sponsored
cocktail reception will immediately follow the keynote speech.

Day one of the Summit includes leading consultants from North America and
New Zealand presenting sessions on topics including managing common code,
Web 2.0 and jQueary, implementing a change tracking system and dynamic data
comparisons of Lasso with PHP, Perl and Ruby on Rails. Featured speakers
will include Fletcher Sandbeck, Kyle Jessup, Jonathan Guthrie, Jason Huck,
Eric Landmann and Claire Sherrington. Day two will have several roundtable
discussion groups allowing attendees to pick and choose their topics based
on their interest and skill level, and freely change topics at any time.

There is a call for papers for both roundtable and main speaker spots. New
speakers and topics will be announced as they are added to the event. Visit
the Lasso Summit Web site, http://www.lassosummit.com for the most
up-to-date details on session topics and speaker biographies.

New to Lasso Summit 2007 are two pre-conference sessions that will be hosted
by Miles. These optional sessions will include a beginner lab and a session
on Inlines, SQL Statements, and Sessions.

Lasso Summit 2007 will be held at the historic Riverside Hotel in Fort
Lauderdale. The Riverside Hotel was built in 1936; it is the city's oldest
operating hotel on Las Olas Boulevard and is within walking distance to
dozens of restaurants, bars, and shopping. The Water Taxi also picks up at
the Riverside Hotel. It can take guests anywhere in Fort Lauderdale,
including the beach, for only $10.00. Special room rates are available for
attendees. Full details are available on the Lasso Summit Web site,
http://www.lassosummit.com.

Early registration for Lasso Summit 2007 is $599.00 (US) through January 15,
2007; after that it will be $699.00 (US). Group or educational registrations
will receive a $100 discount/person. Register online at
http://www.lassosummit.com/registration.lasso or by phone at 616-844-0066.

Each attendee will receive the Lasso Summit Manual and CD-ROM with white
papers and demonstration files from the speakers. Breakfast, lunch and
refreshments are included. A special attendee reception, hosted by Lasso
Summit sponsors, has been scheduled for Friday, March 2, 2007.

About Heunox Corporation
Heunox Corporation is the premier force behind the Lasso Summit conferences,
its president created the first summit in 2001. Since then, Heunox has been
the principal organizer of all Lasso Summits, and continues to offer Lasso
training services to its customers. Heunox Corporation provides first-class
Lasso driven services for the real estate industry designed to provide lead
generation for single agents to brokerage firms, which have several hundred
real estate professionals. For more information on Heunox Corporation, visit
http://www.heunox.com or contact Jim Van Heule, president of Heunox
Corporation at 616-844-0066.

About OmniPilot
OmniPilot Software, Inc. is a software development company offering
cross-platform business management solutions designed to help small-
to-mid-sized businesses (SMBs) optimize their online presence. With eight
years of custom application development and its 2004 acquisition of the
Lasso product line, OmniPilot Software applications ensure that clients
benefit from time-tested efficiencies, which have proven to yield success.
OmniPilot's software is used by over 1,000 educational institutions and more
than 15,000 corporations around the world, including Apple Computer, Inc.
(NASDAQ: AAPL), Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:
CSCO), and Sun Microsystems, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUNW). For more information on
OmniPilot, visit http://www.omnipilot.com.

---

Media contact:
Valerie Milkins
954-874-9000

[ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Jim Van Heule-2
Spots are still available for premier speakers and roundtable hosts
for Lasso Summit 07.

If you have Lasso expertise that you wish to share with the Lasso
community at the next Lasso Summit we want to include you. Speakers
and hosts receive special discounted entry into the event while
increasing their visibility in the Lasso community. This translates
into higher client recognition as an expert in your field and in many
cases more business.

We are looking for talented speakers that have expertise in Lasso
with a special interest in explaining code groups and/or concepts.
Example topics include:

        - Date tag management and how they related to calendaring
        - Graphing with Chart FX
        - Image management using the Image tags
        - LDAP
        - PDF generation options
        - Select your own topic

For those less inclined to publicly speak, but would like to share
their expertise in exchange for discounted registration, becoming a
Roundtable host is likely for you. As a roundtable host, you are
asked to prepare a 5+ page paper covering a specific topic that will
be included in the Lasso Summit manual. Roundtable hosts will answer
questions regarding their paper at a Roundtable, but there will be no
podiums, platforms, microphones or other public speaking mechanisms.
Instead Roundtables are designed to be more of a one-on-one atmosphere.

All Lasso Summit attendees are encouraged to become a Roundtable host
and receive $150 off their registration fees. Every experienced
attendee should consider taking advantage of this offer. Experienced
doesn't mean expert. Experienced means that you have mastered a
portion of Lasso's code set or have a technique that you feel would
benefit other Lasso attendees.

To find out more, please visit http://www.lassosummit.com/
speakers.lasso and download the speakers handbook. You can also
contact Jim Van Heule at [hidden email] for any questions.

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation

[ANN] Lasso Summit Video and Bundled Deals

Jim Van Heule-2
For some of the best deals ever to hit the lasso community, check out
these savings below.

Free Lasso Studio
-----------------

Register for Lasso Summit 07 during the month of September and get
Lasso Studio free when ordered as a bundle. For more information visit

https://office.datashow.com/lassosummit07/registration.lasso

Lasso Professional 8.5 Only $200
--------------------------------

Register for Lasso Summit 07 during the month of September and get
Lasso Professional 8.5 for an additional $200 when ordered as a
bundle. For more information visit

https://office.datashow.com/lassosummit07/registration.lasso

Lasso Summit 06 Videos and Conference Manual
The Lasso Summit Videos and conference manaul bundles are now
available for just $159. To find out more or view sample clips visit:

http://www.lassosummit.com/video.lasso

All Lasso Summit 06 attendees can receive the videos free upon
request. To request your copy of the videos and conference manual
pdf, please contact Jim Van Heule at [hidden email].

--
Jim Van Heule
Heunox Corporation

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Greg Willits-2
To everyone...

So, I'm thinking of speaking and wondering what topics would be of
most interest to people. My interest would be to take bigger picture
development issues and translate them into how that applies to Lasso.

I've been on a renewed quest now for several months to dig deeper
into the Java / Python / Ruby development communities and languages
and understand the "professional" programmer. What they want, how
they design, etc. It has helped me see a whole new level of
application deign and development methodology and how the
interdependence of them can lead to the best results. And, of course,
I am looking to see how that applies to Lasso, and how Lasso stacks up.

Lately my study & work emphasis has been on:

- object oriented application design
    - beyond simple OOP syntax, how is best applied to app design
- unit testing
- development management & methodology (namely Extreme Programming)
- application configuration for distributed deployment
- comparing Lasso to other languages

I could do stuff on:

- OOP explained
        (this would be about architecture & coding)
        - what is OOP, why use it
        - terminology
        - general OOP application design guides
        - tell don't ask design
        - patterns
        - OOP & the Lasso language
        - refactoring

- Extreme Programming for productive development cycles
        (this would be more about dev process and some techniques)
        - specifying a project
        - unit testing
        - programming by contract
        - development iterations
        - designing code for extensibility
        - project management

- PageBlocks Framework
        - could do one on this, but honestly, a deep review of it
           would be a little lost w/o the above topics
        - maybe as a round table?

IMO, every developer should be exposed to these topics and know "how
it is being done" in the big leagues. If you're a captive developer
running a small web site to keep news and some products online, well,
maybe it's overkill. But there's a lot of eye opening info in these
topics that would benefit anyone serious about doing development as a
career on more than simple apps.

Anyway, I'd be interested to know if people have heard of these and
are interested, never heard of them, but are interested, or just
plain not intereted and you'd rather see how to use the PDF tags.

The way I see it, you can figure out how to use tags any time. But a
gathering like this should expose things to people that they
otherwise just wouldn't stop to read about or think about. If people
are interested in these things, that's what would excite me to come,
speak, talk to people, discuss what Lasso needs in future versions, etc.

Thoughts? Other Topics ideas?

-- gw

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Paul Melia

On Sep 6, 2006, at 5:02 PM, Greg Willits wrote:

> To everyone...
>
> So, I'm thinking of speaking and wondering what topics would be of
> most interest to people. My interest would be to take bigger
> picture development issues and translate them into how that applies
> to Lasso.

<snip>
> I could do stuff on:
>
> - OOP explained
>
> - Extreme Programming for productive development cycles
>
> - PageBlocks Framework

<snip>

> Thoughts? Other Topics ideas?
>
> -- gw

Greg,

I edited your email for my response because, to my point of view,
there is a big bulls-eye that you are hitting when looking from the
broader view.

OOP, PageBlocks and Extreme Programming all address one "holy grail"
of programming - efficient, flexible, and reusable programming. One
of the biggest challenges of Lasso, in my opinion is that it is so
flexible and powerful - one person's approach is just as valid and as
fast as the other, thanks to Lasso's abilities.

I, personally, (and I was unable to attend the last summit, so my
apologies if this was ground covered), would appreciate either a
"intro to OOP" presentation, a roundtable of OOP practices/success or
both.

I have followed your development of PageBlocks, the discussions on
this list and the PBlist and think you, and others, have much to
contribute on the topic.

Those are my thoughts.

FWIW,
Paul

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Jono-2
I second that - OOP and what it is and what it *really* means is
grossly misunderstood and underutilized so I would think it should be
a good topic for this year.

Looking forward to hearing you Greg, whatever you choose :)

On 07/09/2006, at 9:17 AM, Paul Melia wrote:

> a "intro to OOP" presentation, a roundtable of OOP practices/
> success or both.

Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz
     DDI +64 4 978 7388   |   Mob +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------

On Sep 6, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Jono wrote:

> I second that - OOP and what it is and what it *really* means is
> grossly misunderstood and underutilized so I would think it should
> be a good topic for this year.

Oh, oh. That sounds like I'll be tested to see if I know the secret
handshake so I'm privy to the Knowledge of the Real OOP held in trust
lo these these many winters by the New Zealand secret society,
Brotherhood of the Giant Moa.

What if I blow it, and become the laughing stock of the Summit.
I can hear the snickers from the back row now :-/

-- gw
www.araelium.com/aredit/ae_and_lasso :: A new, Lasso-friendly, OS X
specific project manager and code editing developmennt application.
www.pageblocks.org :: A comprehensive application framework for Lasso.

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:53 PM, Greg Willits wrote:

> I can hear the snickers from the back row now :-/

That's just Miles. Don't let it bother you. ;)

Paul

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

m i l e s-5

 >That's just Miles. Don't let it bother you. ;)

Hey hey! That's not right or fair.  I think Greg will be a fine
addition.

And if you f*ck up Greg, don't worry about it.  No one will be able
to tell anyway....they'll be on "HAPPY JUICE" from 'lunch'.

And the only snickering you'll hear coming from me will be if you're
a certain canadian and can't pronounce the word "LASSO"...not
"LASSEW"....(HUGE SMILE)

M i l e s.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Viaduct Productions
Both ctag adoption and ctype (OOP) design are both topics that are
super powerful.  Delivering these concepts would both be helpful to
those that are procedural.  I think stuff like this could really
accelerate a developer's work, as well as provide an avenue for much
larger applications.  While such topics might focus on methodologies,
it's an opportunity to use Lasso to demonstrate these aspects.

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:53 PM, Greg Willits wrote:

> Oh, oh. That sounds like I'll be tested to see if I know the secret
> handshake so I'm privy to the Knowledge of the Real OOP held in
> trust lo these these many winters by the New Zealand secret
> society, Brotherhood of the Giant Moa.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
On 6. sep 2006, at 23:02, Greg Willits wrote:

> So, I'm thinking of speaking and wondering what topics would be of
> most interest to people. My interest would be to take bigger
> picture development issues and translate them into how that applies
> to Lasso.

I want to second Paul and Jono, I'm planning on going this time, and
I find all three subjects super-interesting: OOP, Extreme Programming
and to hear yourself unleashed on PageBlocks...

I'm sure each subject is worth a whole session, maybe that isn't
possible...

So, well, I hope finally to meet you and all this time :)

/nikolaj

_____________________________________
Nikolaj de Fine Licht  •  Music&Media
Web Solutions for Cultural Businesses
http://www.musicmedia.dk

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Jono-2
LOL, I sat in the middle last time deliberately to not be seen as one
of the "back row" louts :)

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:28 PM, Jono wrote:

 >LOL, I sat in the middle last time deliberately to not be
 >seen as one of the "back row" louts :)

Hey, that's not nice to refer to Adam and Steffan that way.....

M i l e s.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

m i l e s-5

On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:28 PM, Jono wrote:

 >LOL, I sat in the middle last time deliberately to
 >not be seen as one of the "back row" louts :)

Oh wait a second, this time he's speaking, so I get to bring tomatoes
and what not to throw at him.....yipppeeeee!

Jono you know Im kidding, right ?  Can't wait for your talk.

M i l e s.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Jono-2
Dude as long as I am permitted to catch and return :)

On 07/09/2006, at 3:08 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:28 PM, Jono wrote:
>
> >LOL, I sat in the middle last time deliberately to
> >not be seen as one of the "back row" louts :)
>
> Oh wait a second, this time he's speaking, so I get to bring
> tomatoes and what not to throw at him.....yipppeeeee!
>
> Jono you know Im kidding, right ?  Can't wait for your talk.

Jono

// ---------------------------------------------------------
/*
     Jonathan Guthrie
     xServe Ltd, Wellington NZ
     [hidden email]   |   http://xserve.co.nz
     DDI +64 4 978 7388   |   Mob +64 21 678890

*/
// ---------------------------------------------------------

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

JP-14
Time for me to chime in .....

We ALL sure had a BLAST at the last one ...and this next one is bound
to be even better!

You all who went know for sure I was one who sat in front and center
watching those 2 interpreters really try to figure what signs to use
for whatever "foreign" words ....and really ...Tom and I warned them
that they'd have an interesting time trying to interpret Miles.  It
was funny, really.

In all, they're all good and I'm trying to find some $$ to go there,
being that I'm volunteer Lasso programmer.

jp
P.S.  Love to see all the ribbin' going on here ...this is a FUN list
--and we all can be serious and helpful when need to.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

m i l e s-5
JP,

And you thought you had a blast the last time....just try taking my
classes for 3 hrs!

I some how or another think the interpreter will walk out on you
after the first hr.

(smile)

M i l e s.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

m i l e s-5
JP,

And I believe the word you're looking for is "COLORFUL" language.

M i l e s.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

This could be the highlight of my year!

Maybe this year I can make it.

Deco
On Sep 6, 2006, at 9:08 PM, m i l e s wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2006, at 7:28 PM, Jono wrote:
>
> >LOL, I sat in the middle last time deliberately to
> >not be seen as one of the "back row" louts :)
>
> Oh wait a second, this time he's speaking, so I get to bring
> tomatoes and what not to throw at him.....yipppeeeee!
>
> Jono you know Im kidding, right ?  Can't wait for your talk.
>
> M i l e s.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Summit 07 Call For Papers

Jono-2
I have it on good authority that there's a few birthday's happening
Thursday -> Sunday :)

I'm working on some of the other kiwi lasso devs so you North
Americans better get your A into G otherwise you might be a minority
in your own country!

On 07/09/2006, at 3:43 PM, Deco Rior wrote:

> This could be the highlight of my year!
>
> Maybe this year I can make it.

Jono

/*