[ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Fabrizio Carioni

>OK, I will compile some information about Great Things To Do in Amsterdam
>for Singles, Moms and Dads!

Great!
This is going to be my first LDC and after meeting all the gurus I'll
need a list of the best places to go and and have fun, forgetting
what a crappy developer I am :-)

Ciao!
Fabrizio Carioni - Golem100
S.r.l.
Gran Sasso (via), 50 - 20090 - Segrate (Mi) - Italy
Voice +39-02-2133402  -  Fax +39-02-93650749  - Mobile 3356463448
Email [hidden email] - URL http://www.golem100.com/

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Jolle Carlestam-2
24 mar 2009 kl. 12.33 skrev Viaduct Productions:

> On 24-Mar-09, at 6:47 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:
>
>> So was I.
>> But I was funny. :-)
>
> This is funny:
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/3rh1>

I wonder what the vote would be if we asked the list if this is
immature or mature.
Or in other words, do you need beer to find it funny?
:-)

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Viaduct Productions

On 24-Mar-09, at 8:02 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> I wonder what the vote would be if we asked the list if this is
> immature or mature.
> Or in other words, do you need beer to find it funny?
> :-)

Youtube, that smash hit, is completely immature.  I don't think this
cat is drinking:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCz8Cd07duE>

People don't drink beer to make things funny.  People drink beer
because they like beer.  All over the world.

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Kerry Adams-2
Lasso Developers,

As we work toward this year's Lasso Developer Conference, it really
helps if everyone who plans on attending registers as early as
possible.  It's great for getting early ideas on attendance numbers,
planning the content and materials, and so much more.

We realize that we've given a generous amount of time for the early
registration discount, however, it will be here before you know it.  If
you're planning to go and haven't registered yet for no good reason,
help us out and do so today!

It takes just a few minutes, and is one more thing you can scratch off
your to-do list:

http://store.lassosoft.com/

Thank you to those who have registered so far.  We really appreciate it
and look forward to seeing you all soon!

Cheers,

Kerry Adams

[ LassoSoft ]
[ www.lassosoft.com ]
[ 954.302.3526 - 888.286.7753 ]

Kerry Adams wrote:

> [...]
> transportation, museums, shopping, entertainment, and tourist
> activities.  Visit the Lasso Developer Conference web site,
> http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for details about the event
> location, travel discounts, and area hotels.
>
> The four-day conference kicks off with the LassoSoft keynote address on
> the morning of Thursday, October 1st.  The company will showcase the
> latest major version of the various Lasso product lines and will provide
> in-depth briefings about the new technology, as well as insight on the
> latest initiatives and future plans by LassoSoft.  A sponsored welcome
> reception will be held on one of the evenings for all conference
> attendees.  As in previous years, there will also be a VIP event.
>
> The conference will feature organized sessions as well as round tables
> and panels, which encourage a more informal and hands-on approach.
> Presenters and hosts will include individuals from LassoSoft, select
> members of the Lasso Community, and special guest speakers.  Topics that
> are scheduled to be covered include the latest web related technologies,
> web site security, accessibility, and localization, HTML and CSS,
> database optimization, basic Lasso techniques, and more.  A range of
> sessions, round tables and panels will be presented for both new and
> experienced Lasso users alike.  Specific details on sessions, round
> tables and panels will be announced on the LassoSoft web site as they
> become available.
>
> LassoSoft is currently accepting applications for session presenters, as
> well as round table and panel hosts.  To apply, please visit the Lasso
> Developer Conference web site.  New speakers and topics will be
> announced as they are added to the event.  Visit the Lasso Developer
> Conference web site, http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for the
> most up-to-date details on session topics and speaker biographies.
>
> Early registration for Lasso Developer Conference 2009 is only
> $399.00,and Guest passes are $149. We expect to reach our event capacity
> this year, therefore, early registration is strongly encouraged.  After
> the early registration deadline passes (June 30th), the regular price
> for registration will be $499.00 (all prices in US dollar).  Additional
> discounts are available to Lasso Professional Alliance members.  See the
> Lasso Developer Conference web site
> http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for registration instructions
> and additional details.
>
> About LassoSoft:
> LassoSoft, LLC is a privately held software development company offering
> cross-platform solutions that for over the past ten years the have made
> it possible for Web developers and businesses of all size to create
> custom, data-driven Web sites without a degree in computer science.
> LassoSoft's software is used by over 1,000 educational institutions and
> more than 15,000 corporations around the world.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

CoMedia
CoMedia wrote
Jolle Carlestam-2 wrote
21 mar 2009 kl. 12.20 skrev CoMedia:

> I'd be happy to suggest some more specific things to do if you like!

Yes, please!

The range of interested parties goes from single adults on the loose
looking for beer over mature developers bringing their better half and
looking for high quality enlightening activities to some that also
bring their kids.
OK, I will compile some information about Great Things To Do in Amsterdam for Singles, Moms and Dads!

-- Alfred
As promised, I have made a brief compilation of some of the highlights of Amsterdam. There is much, much more to do, but here are a few suggestions:

- Paradiso (Thursday: Yasmin Levy, Friday: Dayna Kurtz & Band) - http://www.paradiso.nl/web/English-Agenda.htm
- Anne Frank Huis - http://www.annefrankhuis.nl/content.asp?pid=1&lid=3&setlanguage=2
- Hermitage (subsidary of the famous St Petersburg museum) - http://www.hermitage.nl/en/
- Rijksmuseum (in reconstruction, but partly open - Rembrandt and other Dutch masters) - http://www.rijksmuseum.nl/index.jsp?lang=en
- Van Gogh Museum (impressionism) - http://www3.vangoghmuseum.nl/vgm/index.jsp
- Het IJ beer brewery (better than Heineken!) - http://www.brouwerijhetij.nl
- Canal boats - http://www.lovers.nl/, http://www.smidtje.nl/, http://www.classiccanalcharters.com/ and many more
- Mee in Mokum - strolling through the city with an Amsterdam native - http://www.meeinmokum.nl/english-visitors/
- Agenda - http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/whats-on/agendasearch?ml=less&searchfull=&cat=&from=20090930&to=20091004&searchByName=&page=1
- No festivals - unfortunately there are no theatre or music festivals during LDC2009.
- More tips, hot spots, things to do, hotels, restaurants - Iamsterdam - http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/visiting

I'd like to hear if you are interested in this kind of things-to-do.

-- Alfred
1234