[ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

shelane
I know that in Spanish, the decimal is used where we use the comma and vice
versa. Maybe in our terms, that's 1,185.00 €

Of course, you'll have to look up the Euro to dollar conversion.

On 3/20/09 8:47 AM, "chris corwin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> when a freightercruise says that a cabin is:
>
> 1.185,00 €
>

> what, in the world, does that mean in, like, real dollars?
>
> i cannot get google to tell me how a number can have a decimal point AND
> a comma
>
>   ??
>
>   - chris
>

> --
> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http:// www. LassoSoft.com/

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Lieven Gekiere-2
Funny Americans .... :-)

Now you know how we feel when we come over to the USA.

Miles per hour, Gallons, US Dollars, Farenheit ....

Conversion tools rule !!

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM, chris corwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> when a freightercruise says that a cabin is:
>
> 1.185,00 €
>

> what, in the world, does that mean in, like, real dollars?
>
> i cannot get google to tell me how a number can have a decimal point AND a
> comma
>
>  ??
>
>  - chris

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Kerry Adams-2
HAHAHA

Oh man, the absolute worst are the temperature conversions.  Once you
learn the formula for doing it quickly in your head, it's OK.  But up
until then it's crazy...

-Kerry

Lieven Gekiere wrote:

> Funny Americans .... :-)
>
> Now you know how we feel when we come over to the USA.
>
> Miles per hour, Gallons, US Dollars, Farenheit ....
>
> Conversion tools rule !!
>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM, chris corwin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> when a freightercruise says that a cabin is:
>>
>> 1.185,00 €
>>

>> what, in the world, does that mean in, like, real dollars?
>>
>> i cannot get google to tell me how a number can have a decimal point AND a
>> comma
>>
>>  ??
>>
>>  - chris

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Johan Solve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_point

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM, chris corwin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> when a freightercruise says that a cabin is:
>
> 1.185,00 €
>

> what, in the world, does that mean in, like, real dollars?
>
> i cannot get google to tell me how a number can have a decimal point AND a
> comma
>
>  ??
>
>  - chris

Mvh
Johan Sölve
____________________________________
Montania System AB
Halmstad   Stockholm   Malmö
http://www.montania.se

Johan Sölve
Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
[hidden email]

Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Mark Palmer
Oddly people in the UK sometimes use both in conversation. A nice
sunny day is 85°F, but when it cold its -5°C.

On 20 Mar 2009, at 17:51, Kerry Adams wrote:

> HAHAHA
>
> Oh man, the absolute worst are the temperature conversions.  Once you
> learn the formula for doing it quickly in your head, it's OK.  But up
> until then it's crazy...
>
> -Kerry
>

> Lieven Gekiere wrote:
>> Funny Americans .... :-)
>>
>> Now you know how we feel when we come over to the USA.
>>
>> Miles per hour, Gallons, US Dollars, Farenheit ....
>>
>> Conversion tools rule !!
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM, chris corwin
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> when a freightercruise says that a cabin is:
>>>
>>> 1.185,00 €
>>>

>>> what, in the world, does that mean in, like, real dollars?
>>>
>>> i cannot get google to tell me how a number can have a decimal
>>> point AND a
>>> comma
>>>
>>> ??
>>>
>>> - chris
>>>

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

Regards

Mark Palmer
E: [hidden email]
T: 01902 620500
W: www.pageworks.co.uk

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Ke Carlton-2
General it's the news channels / papers when a day's hot and they want
it to sound really hot:

BBC: " Today the temperature will reach 30°C - that's over 85°F! " -
queue exciting music...

Other than that I've not come across any one using it on a day to day
basis here.

Ke

ps. Excited about LDC - great news!

2009/3/20 Mark Palmer <[hidden email]>

> Oddly people in the UK sometimes use both in conversation. A nice sunny day is 85°F, but when it cold its -5°C.
>

> On 20 Mar 2009, at 17:51, Kerry Adams wrote:
>
>> HAHAHA
>>
>> Oh man, the absolute worst are the temperature conversions.  Once you
>> learn the formula for doing it quickly in your head, it's OK.  But up
>> until then it's crazy...
>>
>> -Kerry
>>

>> Lieven Gekiere wrote:
>>>
>>> Funny Americans .... :-)
>>>
>>> Now you know how we feel when we come over to the USA.
>>>
>>> Miles per hour, Gallons, US Dollars, Farenheit ....
>>>
>>> Conversion tools rule !!

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

> Regards
>
> Mark Palmer
> E: [hidden email]
> T: 01902 620500
> W: www.pageworks.co.uk

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

shelane
I lived in Mexico for a year where they use Celsius. I much prefer
Fahrenheit because I can feel the difference between 100 and 105, but there
isn't as big a difference in the numbers Celsius (especially when they only
report out whole numbers).

On 3/20/09 11:50 AM, "Ke Carlton" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> General it's the news channels / papers when a day's hot and they want
> it to sound really hot:
>
> BBC: " Today the temperature will reach 30°C - that's over 85°F! " -
> queue exciting music...
>
> Other than that I've not come across any one using it on a day to day
> basis here.
>
> Ke
>
> ps. Excited about LDC - great news!
>
> 2009/3/20 Mark Palmer <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Oddly people in the UK sometimes use both in conversation. A nice sunny day
>> is 85°F, but when it cold its -5°C.
>>

>> On 20 Mar 2009, at 17:51, Kerry Adams wrote:
>>
>>> HAHAHA
>>>
>>> Oh man, the absolute worst are the temperature conversions.  Once you
>>> learn the formula for doing it quickly in your head, it's OK.  But up
>>> until then it's crazy...
>>>
>>> -Kerry

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http:// www. LassoSoft.com/
>>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Mark Palmer
>> E: [hidden email]
>> T: 01902 620500
>> W: www. pageworks.co.uk
>>

>> --
>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http:// www. LassoSoft.com/

> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http:// www. LassoSoft.com/

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

On Friday, March 20, 2009, [hidden email] (Shelane Enos) pronounced:

>Of course, you'll have to look up the Euro to dollar conversion.

A little known feature in Macs: Calculator has a builtin currency conversion.

Enter the starting amount.

Select Convert > Currency...
From: Euro
To: US Dollar

$1604.55

Calculator also has conversions for distance, weight, volume, temperature, etc.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Göran Törnquist-2
Even easier.

Google in whatever way you want. Enter as a search term "convert 1000
USD to EUR". Works like a charm.

Cross browser, cross platform. :-)

/Göran

Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> On Friday, March 20, 2009, [hidden email] (Shelane Enos) pronounced:
>

>> Of course, you'll have to look up the Euro to dollar conversion.
>>

> A little known feature in Macs: Calculator has a builtin currency conversion.
>
> Enter the starting amount.
>
> Select Convert > Currency...
> From: Euro
> To: US Dollar
>
> $1604.55
>
> Calculator also has conversions for distance, weight, volume, temperature, etc.
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

believed to be clean.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Johan Solve
Or simply
1000 usd in sek

or
105 f in c

or whatever conversion you can think of
1 pint in l
1 in in m

but strangely not 100 sqft in sqm (?)

2009/3/20 Göran Törnquist <[hidden email]>:

> Even easier.
>
> Google in whatever way you want. Enter as a search term "convert 1000 USD to
> EUR". Works like a charm.
>
> Cross browser, cross platform. :-)
>
> /Göran
>
> Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>>
>> On Friday, March 20, 2009, [hidden email] (Shelane Enos) pronounced:
>>

>>> Of course, you'll have to look up the Euro to dollar conversion.
>>>

>> A little known feature in Macs: Calculator has a builtin currency
>> conversion.
>>
>> Enter the starting amount.
>>
>> Select Convert > Currency...
>> From: Euro
>> To: US Dollar
>>
>> $1604.55
>>
>> Calculator also has conversions for distance, weight, volume, temperature,
>> etc.
>>
>> --steve
>>
>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

> believed to be clean.

Mvh
Johan Sölve
____________________________________
Montania System AB
Halmstad   Stockholm   Malmö
http://www.montania.se

Johan Sölve
Mobil +46 709-51 55 70
[hidden email]

Kristinebergsvägen 17, S-302 41 Halmstad, Sweden
Telefon +46 35-136800 |  Fax +46 35-136801

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Göran Törnquist-2
Seems to require the measurements fully pronounced.

convert 100 square feet to square meter

Works.

/Göran

Johan Solve wrote:

> Or simply
> 1000 usd in sek
>
> or
> 105 f in c
>
> or whatever conversion you can think of
> 1 pint in l
> 1 in in m
>
> but strangely not 100 sqft in sqm (?)
>
> 2009/3/20 Göran Törnquist <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Even easier.
>>
>> Google in whatever way you want. Enter as a search term "convert 1000 USD to
>> EUR". Works like a charm.
>>
>> Cross browser, cross platform. :-)
>>
>> /Göran
>>
>> Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>>
>>> On Friday, March 20, 2009, [hidden email] (Shelane Enos) pronounced:

>>> A little known feature in Macs: Calculator has a builtin currency
>>> conversion.
>>>
>>> Enter the starting amount.
>>>
>>> Select Convert > Currency...
>>> From: Euro
>>> To: US Dollar
>>>
>>> $1604.55
>>>
>>> Calculator also has conversions for distance, weight, volume, temperature,
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> --steve
>>>
>>> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
>>> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
>>> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

believed to be clean.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

CoMedia
Jolle Carlestam-2 wrote
Speaking of attractions, I would love to hear from our dutch members what they recommend to do in Amsterdam with or without family.
Depends a lot of what you are interested in. Amsterdam has so much to offer! Be it museums (Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum, Nemo and hundreds of others), music and theatre venues and of course lots of restaurants and cafes in any style.

Some people might like to visit the Heineken brewery (personally I don't like it, I prefer Belgian beers that are much more outspoken in their taste), which is always fun to do. A canal trip by boat or water bike is also very recommended.

And of course there's the typical tourist stuff like the Keukenhof (tulips!), the wind mills etc. You will hardly see any 'real' Dutch there. Same goes for things like the Red Light District or coffeeshops. Most of the Dutch people I know never go there, but foreigners are always asking about this... (I do some work for theatre festivals and about the first question from almost all artists is: Where is the closest coffeeshop?)

I'd be happy to suggest some more specific things to do if you like!

-- Alfred

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Jolle Carlestam-2
21 mar 2009 kl. 12.20 skrev CoMedia:

> I'd be happy to suggest some more specific things to do if you like!

Yes, please!

The range of interested parties goes from single adults on the loose
looking for beer over mature developers bringing their better half and
looking for high quality enlightening activities to some that also
bring their kids.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

CoMedia
Jolle Carlestam-2 wrote
21 mar 2009 kl. 12.20 skrev CoMedia:

> I'd be happy to suggest some more specific things to do if you like!

Yes, please!

The range of interested parties goes from single adults on the loose
looking for beer over mature developers bringing their better half and
looking for high quality enlightening activities to some that also
bring their kids.
OK, I will compile some information about Great Things To Do in Amsterdam for Singles, Moms and Dads!

-- Alfred

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Brian Loomis-3
For those of you that are interested in this formatting, HostedStore
offers a toggle to switch between these two formats in the store
settings.

On Mar 20, 2009, at 11:49 AM, Lieven Gekiere wrote:

> Conversion tools rule !!
>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM, chris corwin
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> when a freightercruise says that a cabin is:
>>
>> 1.185,00 €
>>

>> what, in the world, does that mean in, like, real dollars?
>>
>> i cannot get google to tell me how a number can have a decimal
>> point AND a
>> comma
>>
>> ??
>>
>> - chris

Brian Loomis
http://www.virtualrelations.us
(208) 639-2569 - 208 NEW BLOX

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Viaduct Productions
Single beer drinking developers are immature?

You're obviously drinking the wrong beer.

On 21-Mar-09, at 2:32 PM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> The range of interested parties goes from single adults on the loose
> looking for beer over mature developers bringing their better half
> and looking for high quality enlightening activities to some that
> also bring their kids.

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

24 mar 2009 kl. 08.05 skrev Viaduct Productions:

> Single beer drinking developers are immature?
>
> You're obviously drinking the wrong beer.

Depends on your opinion of wrong. I challenge the Lasso community to
come up with evidence that they've seen me drink beer at all. Or any
kind of alcohol.
Some might consider that wrong. I don't. :-)

Regarding who's immature. I stated that LDC attract mature developers
bringing wives or husbands that will want to do certain kind of
activities. You read that single adults that wants to drink beer is
immature. But I never wrote that. So who has the opinion that single
beer drinking developers are immature. You or I?

> On 21-Mar-09, at 2:32 PM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:
>
>> The range of interested parties goes from single adults on the loose
>> looking for beer over mature developers bringing their better half
>> and looking for high quality enlightening activities to some that
>> also bring their kids.
>

> Rich in Toronto
> ...now go get on your bike

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Viaduct Productions
I was joking.  I tend to do that, especially in church.

On 24-Mar-09, at 5:14 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> Depends on your opinion of wrong. I challenge the Lasso community to
> come up with evidence that they've seen me drink beer at all. Or any
> kind of alcohol.
> Some might consider that wrong. I don't. :-)
>
> Regarding who's immature. I stated that LDC attract mature
> developers bringing wives or husbands that will want to do certain
> kind of activities. You read that single adults that wants to drink
> beer is immature. But I never wrote that. So who has the opinion
> that single beer drinking developers are immature. You or I?

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Jolle Carlestam-2
So was I.
But I was funny. :-)

On 24-Mar-09, at 6:47 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> So was I.
> But I was funny. :-)

This is funny:

<http://tinyurl.com/3rh1>