[ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Kerry Adams-2
Lasso Developers,

The time has come, and we're very pleased to share this announcement with
you.

We're going to work with a new event format this year, which we expect
will guide the LDC in some really cool and interesting new directions.
Please check back on the LassoSoft site for additional details and
information.

Starting today, attendees who wish to take advantage of the early
registration discount will be able to do so through the LassoSoft online
store: http://store.lassosoft.com

We hope to see you all in Amsterdam this October.  It will be a time to
remember!

-Kerry

-------------

Manchester, WA. - March 16, 2009 - LassoSoft, LLC, developers of Lasso
Professional and Lasso Studio, today announced that the Lasso Developer
Conference 2009 will be held October 1st to 4th in Amsterdam, the
Netherlands.  The Lasso Developer conference is the premier event for
all Lasso developers of any skill level.

"We are quite pleased to be holding our first ever Lasso Developer
Conference in Amsterdam!" exclaimed Kyle Jessup, Director of Development
for Lasso.  "This year's LDC location should cater to a wider variety of
Lasso developers from all over the world. Each conference brings
together great minds and users of all skill levels and we expect Lasso
Developer Conference '09 to be the best yet."

The Lasso Developer Conference 2009 will be held at the Spaces business
center in Amsterdam.  The Spaces business center is located in the heart
of downtown Amsterdam and is convenient to many area hotels,
transportation, museums, shopping, entertainment, and tourist
activities.  Visit the Lasso Developer Conference web site,
http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for details about the event
location, travel discounts, and area hotels.

The four-day conference kicks off with the LassoSoft keynote address on
the morning of Thursday, October 1st.  The company will showcase the
latest major version of the various Lasso product lines and will provide
in-depth briefings about the new technology, as well as insight on the
latest initiatives and future plans by LassoSoft.  A sponsored welcome
reception will be held on one of the evenings for all conference
attendees.  As in previous years, there will also be a VIP event.

The conference will feature organized sessions as well as round tables
and panels, which encourage a more informal and hands-on approach.
Presenters and hosts will include individuals from LassoSoft, select
members of the Lasso Community, and special guest speakers.  Topics that
are scheduled to be covered include the latest web related technologies,
web site security, accessibility, and localization, HTML and CSS,
database optimization, basic Lasso techniques, and more.  A range of
sessions, round tables and panels will be presented for both new and
experienced Lasso users alike.  Specific details on sessions, round
tables and panels will be announced on the LassoSoft web site as they
become available.

LassoSoft is currently accepting applications for session presenters, as
well as round table and panel hosts.  To apply, please visit the Lasso
Developer Conference web site.  New speakers and topics will be
announced as they are added to the event.  Visit the Lasso Developer
Conference web site, http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for the
most up-to-date details on session topics and speaker biographies.

Early registration for Lasso Developer Conference 2009 is only
$399.00,and Guest passes are $149. We expect to reach our event capacity
this year, therefore, early registration is strongly encouraged.  After
the early registration deadline passes (June 30th), the regular price
for registration will be $499.00 (all prices in US dollar).  Additional
discounts are available to Lasso Professional Alliance members.  See the
Lasso Developer Conference web site
http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for registration instructions
and additional details.

About LassoSoft:
LassoSoft, LLC is a privately held software development company offering
cross-platform solutions that for over the past ten years the have made
it possible for Web developers and businesses of all size to create
custom, data-driven Web sites without a degree in computer science.
LassoSoft's software is used by over 1,000 educational institutions and
more than 15,000 corporations around the world.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Mark Palmer
Yippee!

Looking forward to seeing you all.

On 16 Mar 2009, at 17:21, Kerry Adams wrote:

> Lasso Developers,
>
> The time has come, and we're very pleased to share this announcement
> with
> you.
>
> We're going to work with a new event format this year, which we expect
> will guide the LDC in some really cool and interesting new directions.
> Please check back on the LassoSoft site for additional details and
> information.
>
> Starting today, attendees who wish to take advantage of the early
> registration discount will be able to do so through the LassoSoft
> online
> store: http://store.lassosoft.com
>
> We hope to see you all in Amsterdam this October.  It will be a time
> remember!
>
> -Kerry

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Marc Vos
So I registered! At last I can attend a conference!

Until then (physically, that is)

- -

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Jolle Carlestam-2
For travelers to and from Northern Europe. Like Sweden, Denmark,
Northern Germany.
There's a night train leaving Copenhagen at 18.53 on Tuesday 29th. And
a return train going back on Sunday evening at 19.01. This will take
us directly to Amsterdam without having to change trains.
Sleeping car of course.

The reservations for this will open on April 2nd.

Look here:
http://www.bahn.de/p/view/buchung/fahrplan_buchung.shtml

I'm going to be on that train. If there's other travelers I wouldn't
mind an effort to coordinate our tickets so we get cars close by.

16 mar 2009 kl. 18.21 skrev Kerry Adams:

> [...]
> Additional
> discounts are available to Lasso Professional Alliance members.  See
> the
> Lasso Developer Conference web site
> http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for registration instructions
> and additional details.
>
> About LassoSoft:
> LassoSoft, LLC is a privately held software development company
> offering
> cross-platform solutions that for over the past ten years the have
> made
> it possible for Web developers and businesses of all size to create
> custom, data-driven Web sites without a degree in computer science.
> LassoSoft's software is used by over 1,000 educational institutions
> and
> more than 15,000 corporations around the world.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Eric Landmann
Jolle Carlestam <[hidden email]> wrote on Monday, March 16, 2009:

>For travelers to and from Northern Europe. Like Sweden, Denmark,
>Northern Germany.
>There's a night train leaving Copenhagen at 18.53 on Tuesday 29th. And
>a return train going back on Sunday evening at 19.01. This will take
>us directly to Amsterdam without having to change trains.
>Sleeping car of course.
>
>The reservations for this will open on April 2nd.
>
>Look here:
>http://www.bahn.de/p/view/buchung/fahrplan_buchung.shtml
>
>I'm going to be on that train. If there's other travelers I wouldn't
>mind an effort to coordinate our tickets so we get cars close by.

I can't read it. Everything is spelled wrong.

--Eric

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Viaduct Productions
Fahrplaninformationen with cheese, please!

On 16-Mar-09, at 3:59 PM, Eric Landmann wrote:

> I can't read it. Everything is spelled wrong.

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

Kerry Adams wrote on 3/16/2009 12:21 PM:
> We're going to work with a new event format this year, which we expect
> will guide the LDC in some really cool and interesting new directions.
> Please check back on the LassoSoft site for additional details and
> information.

Can you tell us if Sunday night will have sessions, or if the conference will end at lunch on Sunday?  Traditionally, the conferences have ended at lunch on Sunday, but at LDC 2008, it was scheduled until the evening, but then shortened to lunch.

When it ends will impact travel schedules -- Jolle is already planning to leave on a train Sunday evening at 7pm.  My preference would be to have four full days (including Sunday).

16 mar 2009 kl. 20.59 skrev Eric Landmann:

>> The reservations for this will open on April 2nd.
>>
>> Look here:
>> http://www.bahn.de/p/view/buchung/fahrplan_buchung.shtml
>>
>> I'm going to be on that train. If there's other travelers I wouldn't
>> mind an effort to coordinate our tickets so we get cars close by.
>
> I can't read it. Everything is spelled wrong.

Ah, an overseas joke. Very funny. Then let me direct you.
In the upper right part of the screen you see a select menu that says
"deutsch". That's German for "German". And for the folks from the US;
german is a language that some people in Europe speaks. Europe is a
large land mass that's on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. The
Atlantic ocean is the big water that's to the right of New York.
If you select the select menu you'll see another choice that reads
english. If you can't read ask your priest to help you. Anyway, select
english and by some unknown magic all text on the page will be in
English. See if you like that spelling better.

Good luck!

Oh, and if you travel from the US to attend the LDC. Going by train
from Copenhagen is not the optimal route.

16 mar 2009 kl. 21.44 skrev Bil Corry:

> Kerry Adams wrote on 3/16/2009 12:21 PM:
>> We're going to work with a new event format this year, which we
>> expect
>> will guide the LDC in some really cool and interesting new
>> directions.
>> Please check back on the LassoSoft site for additional details and
>> information.
>
> Can you tell us if Sunday night will have sessions, or if the
> conference will end at lunch on Sunday?  Traditionally, the
> conferences have ended at lunch on Sunday, but at LDC 2008, it was
> scheduled until the evening, but then shortened to lunch.
>
> When it ends will impact travel schedules -- Jolle is already
> planning to leave on a train Sunday evening at 7pm.  My preference
> would be to have four full days (including Sunday).

I asked Kerry in a private mail and got confirmation that it will end
Sunday lunch. That info is also on the updated schedule page.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Pier Kuipers
Woot! Lasso's coming home! And so am I, no excuse to miss this one.
Really looking forward to it, hope to see you all there!

Pier

On 3/16/09, Kerry Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> this year, therefore, early registration is strongly encouraged.  After
> the early registration deadline passes (June 30th), the regular price
> for registration will be $499.00 (all prices in US dollar).  Additional
> discounts are available to Lasso Professional Alliance members.  See the
> Lasso Developer Conference web site
> http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for registration instructions
> and additional details.
>
> About LassoSoft:
> LassoSoft, LLC is a privately held software development company offering
> cross-platform solutions that for over the past ten years the have made
> it possible for Web developers and businesses of all size to create
> custom, data-driven Web sites without a degree in computer science.
> LassoSoft's software is used by over 1,000 educational institutions and
> more than 15,000 corporations around the world.

Visual ID
Unit S02
Synergy Centre
ITT Tallaght
Dublin 24
Ireland
Tel. +353 1 9022 575
Mobile +353 87 294 3063
Web http://www.visualid.com

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Viaduct Productions
I will be in disguise, after I take the train from Halifax.

On 16-Mar-09, at 4:55 PM, Pier Kuipers wrote:

> Woot! Lasso's coming home! And so am I, no excuse to miss this one.
> Really looking forward to it, hope to see you all there!

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Kerry Adams-2
Correct.  We had, beginning with Chicago, planned to make Sunday an all
day event like the other days, but too many people commented that they
would need Sunday evening as part of their travel time to return home.
We therefore made Sunday a half-day.

Perhaps what we can look into doing this year is to "officially" end at
midday, but arrange for the venue and it's facilities to be available
for the full day.  We'll look into it, and IF we're able to we will let
the attendees know, but for now please plan for the conference to end
midday as indicated on the schedule.

Thanks!

-Kerry

Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> 16 mar 2009 kl. 21.44 skrev Bil Corry:
>

>> Kerry Adams wrote on 3/16/2009 12:21 PM:
>>> We're going to work with a new event format this year, which we expect
>>> will guide the LDC in some really cool and interesting new directions.
>>> Please check back on the LassoSoft site for additional details and
>>> information.
>>
>> Can you tell us if Sunday night will have sessions, or if the
>> conference will end at lunch on Sunday?  Traditionally, the
>> conferences have ended at lunch on Sunday, but at LDC 2008, it was
>> scheduled until the evening, but then shortened to lunch.
>>
>> When it ends will impact travel schedules -- Jolle is already
>> planning to leave on a train Sunday evening at 7pm.  My preference
>> would be to have four full days (including Sunday).
>
> I asked Kerry in a private mail and got confirmation that it will end
> Sunday lunch. That info is also on the updated schedule page.
>
> HDB
> Jolle

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

On Monday, March 16, 2009, [hidden email] (Kerry Adams) pronounced:

>http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for details about the event

I'm in.

Having never traveled to the country of Europe as a Merkin, what is the best way to get there?  Google maps doesn't have any driving routes.

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Viaduct Productions
Europe isn't a country like Africa.  Perhaps gets yerself on the
Information Superhighway and get a ticket for you and your dog to
Amsterdam on an aeroplane.  A'Dam is a hub, as is London and Paris.
You might want to go to Paris (that's French for Paris) then take the
TGV into A'Dam.  TGV = fast train going East.

Ironically I'm heading up Copenhagen way after the event to visit the
Svenske's, but I might take my time.  If anybody is hanging around
afterwards, let me know.

On 16-Mar-09, at 5:28 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:

> Having never traveled to the country of Europe as a Merkin, what is
> the best way to get there?  Google maps doesn't have any driving
> routes.

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 3/16/09 at 2:28 PM, [hidden email] (Steve Piercy - Web
Site Builder) wrote:

>I'm in.
>
>Having never traveled to the country of Europe as a Merkin, what is
>the best way to get there?  Google maps doesn't have any driving
>routes.

Google maps used to recommend driving to Boston, swimming across
the Atlantic Ocean, and then driving to your destination in
Europe, but apparently they fixed that "bug".

<http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/03/google-maps-shows-funny-directions.html>

You might want to take a freighter!

<http://www.freightercruises.com/>

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Pier Kuipers
Jono knows a shortcut via Jamaica, it seems.
:-)

On 3/16/09, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Monday, March 16, 2009, [hidden email] (Kerry Adams) pronounced:
>
>>http://www.lassosoft.com/Community/LDC/ for details about the event
>
> I'm in.
>
> Having never traveled to the country of Europe as a Merkin, what is the best
> way to get there?  Google maps doesn't have any driving routes.
>
> --steve
>
> -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder               Soquel, CA
> <[hidden email]>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>

Pier Kuipers
Visual ID
Unit S02
Synergy Centre
ITT Tallaght
Dublin 24
Ireland
Tel. +353 1 9022 575
Mobile +353 87 294 3063
Web http://www.visualid.com

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Wade Maxfield
On 17/3/09 9:44 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:

> Oh, and if you travel from the US to attend the LDC. Going by train from
> Copenhagen is not the optimal route.
>
> HDB
> Jolle

But it is "sub" optimal...

  - Wade

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

I think there is a bridge from Alaska

On Mar 16, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Viaduct Productions wrote:

> Europe isn't a country like Africa.  Perhaps gets yerself on the
> Information Superhighway and get a ticket for you and your dog to
> Amsterdam on an aeroplane.  A'Dam is a hub, as is London and Paris.
> You might want to go to Paris (that's French for Paris) then take
> the TGV into A'Dam.  TGV = fast train going East.
>
> Ironically I'm heading up Copenhagen way after the event to visit
> the Svenske's, but I might take my time.  If anybody is hanging
> around afterwards, let me know.
>

> On 16-Mar-09, at 5:28 PM, Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder wrote:
>
>> Having never traveled to the country of Europe as a Merkin, what is
>> the best way to get there?  Google maps doesn't have any driving
>> routes.
>

> Rich in Toronto
> ...now go get on your bike

Re: [ANN] Lasso Developer Conference 2009

Jolle Carlestam-2
Easy. Since you're a sports man that enjoy riding a bicycle you pack
your canoe on the bike. Ride to New York. Put the canoe in the water.
Pack the bike in the canoe. Paddle to Holland (The shortest route is
over the North Pole). Store the canoe in a deposit box in Velsen, ride
the bicycle to Amsterdam.

It's like eating a cake.

And should you hesitate. Let me remind you that my ex wife crossed the
Atlantic alone in a small boat. Sure she had sails. But a small sail
boat or a big canoe. That's about the same. And yes I know the
question coming. She's still alive and well. Ex does not equal drowned.

16 mar 2009 kl. 22.52 skrev Wade Maxfield:

> On 17/3/09 9:44 AM, Jolle Carlestam wrote:
>

>> Oh, and if you travel from the US to attend the LDC. Going by train
>> from
>> Copenhagen is not the optimal route.
>>
>> HDB
>> Jolle
>>

> But it is "sub" optimal...
>
>  - Wade

Very much so. So if you're into using other suboptimal techniques,
such as Windows Vista...