AJAX with Prototype and weird '00' in results

AJAX with Prototype and weird '00' in results

John Burwell-3
I'm trying to find the origin of a '00' that trails the result of
calling Prototype's Ajax.Updater on a Lasso page. Has anyone seen this
before?

Re: AJAX with Prototype and weird '00' in results

decorior
Um..no?

Is the page getting called directly?

try loading the lasso page you are calling but not via AJAX?

On Feb 20, 2009, at 12:05 PM, John Burwell wrote:

> I'm trying to find the origin of a '00' that trails the result of
> calling Prototype's Ajax.Updater on a Lasso page. Has anyone seen
> this before?

Re: AJAX with Prototype and weird '00' in results

Steve Upton
At 1:05 PM -0600 2/20/09, John Burwell wrote:
>I'm trying to find the origin of a '00' that trails the result of calling Prototype's Ajax.Updater on a Lasso page. Has anyone seen this before?

we use Prototype with Lasso and I don't think I've seen this one but I've seen similar odd things over the years...

All I can say is that FireFox with FireBug is your friend. Step through all your code, dissect all your transactions, it's amazing.

Off the top of my head '00' sounds like a unicode null character... you might want to check your encoding settings on your page. Though honestly, that stuff is over my head these days. I've never had a serious problem with it so I haven't been forced to learn it all yet ;-)

regards,

Steve Upton

John Burwell wrote on 2/20/2009 1:05 PM:
> I'm trying to find the origin of a '00' that trails the result of
> calling Prototype's Ajax.Updater on a Lasso page. Has anyone seen this
> before?

I've seen something similar from using (I think) the email pop tags, where one of them leaks a status code.  Maybe try commenting out sections of your Lasso code until the '00' goes away  to narrow down what is causing the issue.