A big thank you!

Bil Corry-3
As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to LassoSoft for a great event.  It's been educational and entertaining; I'm very much looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their informative presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their papers.  And thank you to my fellow attendees,
it's been great meeting and socializing with all of you.

It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Until LDC 2009,

Re: A big thank you!

Ke Carlton-2
Yes - it's been a great event. Good length, Good People and Good Food!

L9 looks extremely promising... actually it looks like it's going to kick ass.

Been a pleasure,

Ke.

2008/9/21 Bil Corry <[hidden email]>:

> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to LassoSoft
> for a great event.  It's been educational and entertaining; I'm very much
> looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their informative
> presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their papers.  And
> thank you to my fellow attendees, it's been great meeting and socializing
> with all of you.
>
> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and I'm glad
> to be a part of it.
>
> Until LDC 2009,
>
> - Bil

Re: A big thank you!

decorior
It sounds like it...

For those not at LDC any info on Lasso 9?

Deco
On Sep 21, 2008, at 7:58 AM, Ke Carlton wrote:

> Yes - it's been a great event. Good length, Good People and Good Food!
>
> L9 looks extremely promising... actually it looks like it's going to
> kick ass.
>
> Been a pleasure,
>
> Ke.
>
> 2008/9/21 Bil Corry <[hidden email]>:
>> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to
>> LassoSoft
>> for a great event.  It's been educational and entertaining; I'm
>> very much
>> looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their
>> informative
>> presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their
>> papers.  And
>> thank you to my fellow attendees, it's been great meeting and
>> socializing
>> with all of you.
>>
>> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and
>> I'm glad
>> to be a part of it.
>>
>> Until LDC 2009,
>>
>> - Bil

Re: A big thank you!

Marc Pinnell-3
Totally agree and want to thank everyone for the great first
experience at LDC. I tried to be a sponge and soak up as much as
possible, but there was no way I could take it all and will be back
for more next year!

Thanx
marc

On Sep 21, 2008, at 6:54 AM, Bil Corry wrote:

> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to
> LassoSoft for a great event.  It's been educational and
> entertaining; I'm very much looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to
> the speakers for their informative presentations; I'll be busy
> trying the new ideas from their papers.  And thank you to my fellow
> attendees, it's been great meeting and socializing with all of you.
>
> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and
> I'm glad to be a part of it.
>
> Until LDC 2009,
>
> - Bil

Marc Pinnell
1027 Design
PO Box 990872
Redding, CA 96099-0872
530.941.4706
fax: 866.232.5300
www.1027Design.com

Re: A big thank you!

Cory Robin-3
two words: LOVED IT!

Let's get the date set for the next one so I can make sure I'm there!

Really enjoyed meeting you all, and the sessions were rich with
content to now go back to the office and improve our solutions.

To LassoSoft:  Great job, Lasso 9 looks like a giant leap in the right
direction.

Re: A big thank you!

Rick Draper

I would like to add another voice to the chorus of praise rightly due
LassoSoft and all the speakers.  LDC 2008 was a highly memorable event
that I know has generated many  friendships and opportunities to do some
business "within the family".

It would be great if the dates and venue for the next LDC could be
locked in as early as practicable to allow those of us that need to plan
well ahead to ensure we can be there.

Thanks again to everyone that has given me assistance and I hope to see
you all again next year... Maybe with a bit of luck next time the
Aussies can outnumber the Kiwis ;-)

Very best regards,

Rick

Re: A big thank you!

Marc Pope
Got there for 2 days and it was great seeing everyone. The community
is strong and alive. Seems like one of the biggest ones in recent
years. Thanks to everyone involed.

Marc Pope

Re: A big thank you!

Eric Landmann
Bil Corry <[hidden email]> wrote on Sunday, September 21, 2008:

>As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to LassoSoft for a great event.  It's been educational
>and entertaining; I'm very much looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their informative
>presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their papers.  And thank you to my fellow attendees,
>it's been great meeting and socializing with all of you.
>
>It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Yes indeed. From the comments expressed among other developers, the consensus seemed to be that the Lasso community is maturing. Factors include new frameworks, unit testing, Subversion usage being more common, developers collaborating around the world, commercial products being available. And with Lasso 9, that's entirely more feasible and realistic. It's all good. Definitely NOT "sub-optimal."

--Eric

Re: A big thank you!

Bil Corry wrote on 9/21/2008 8:54 AM:
> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you"

On the drive home, it struck me that I forgot to thank an important part of the conference.  I'd like to send out a huge "thank you" to the sponsors who made LDC financially possible: Anu Internet Services, Virtual Relations and Falcon Internet.  Be sure to give them some love for their generosity!

Chris Wik of Anu Internet Services presented on his Managed Web Services during the conference; just a heads up, I've been using his service since May and am very very happy with it.  And even though I'm in the States and Anu is in Europe, I can't tell any difference from when my hosting was in the States.  So check out Anu and tell Chris I sent you:

        http://www.anu.net/services/10-mws

Brian Loomis of Virtual Relations presented on L-Migrator, but he also offers development services and HostedStore.  So if you're looking for extra help on a project, or if you need an eCommerce solution, I highly recommend checking out Virtual Relations and tell Brian I sent you:

        http://www.virtualrelations.us/

Marc Pope of Falcon Internet was able to fly in for the last part of the conference; he's been busy tricking out Falcon and kicking ass.  So if you're looking for a hosting solution in the States, be sure to check out Falcon and it's rocking new setup and tell Marc I sent you:

        http://www.falconinternet.net/

Re: A big thank you!

Marc Pope
Thanks Bil!  [:

I forgot to mention, I should have been sleeping in my bed about now,
but I am sitting at the airport still. Now on my 3rd flight, praying
it doesn't get cancelled.

3:45pm flight cancelled due to "weather", yeah sure. (It was the only
one).
6:00pm flight on standby, I was #24 on standby and then moved to #7
after signing up for United Airline Miles, (interesting). No chance
anyway, it was an oversold flight to start with
        even funnier, they were asking for volunteers to stay overnight for
$500 and a free roundtrip ticket ANYWHERE (in the world) that United
flies, yet, 3 people still got in on standby. That's pretty weird.
9:16pm, I'm flying into Charlotte, NC instead of Greensboro. Wife is
driving down to pick me up and then up to Greensboro airport to get my
car.

If everything is on time (kinda doubt it now), i will be home in bed
around 2am.

It was still worth coming regardless!
Marc

On Sep 21, 2008, at 8:14 PM, Bil Corry wrote:

> Bil Corry wrote on 9/21/2008 8:54 AM:
>> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you"
>
> On the drive home, it struck me that I forgot to thank an important
> part of the conference.  I'd like to send out a huge "thank you" to
> the sponsors who made LDC financially possible: Anu Internet
> Services, Virtual Relations and Falcon Internet.  Be sure to give
> them some love for their generosity!
>

> Chris Wik of Anu Internet Services presented on his Managed Web
> Services during the conference; just a heads up, I've been using his
> service since May and am very very happy with it.  And even though
> I'm in the States and Anu is in Europe, I can't tell any difference
> from when my hosting was in the States.  So check out Anu and tell
> Chris I sent you:
>
> http://www.anu.net/services/10-mws
>

> Brian Loomis of Virtual Relations presented on L-Migrator, but he
> also offers development services and HostedStore.  So if you're
> looking for extra help on a project, or if you need an eCommerce
> solution, I highly recommend checking out Virtual Relations and tell
> Brian I sent you:
>
> http://www.virtualrelations.us/
>

> Marc Pope of Falcon Internet was able to fly in for the last part of
> the conference; he's been busy tricking out Falcon and kicking ass.
> So if you're looking for a hosting solution in the States, be sure
> to check out Falcon and it's rocking new setup and tell Marc I sent
> you:
>
> http://www.falconinternet.net/
>

> - Bil

Re: A big thank you!

Nikolaj de Fine Licht
Yes - me too: thank you to LassoSoft, to the sponsors and to all who
contributed with highly interesting and inspirering presentations. And
thanks for all the good company, it was great :)

/nikolaj

On 21/09/2008, at 15.54, Bil Corry wrote:

> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to
> LassoSoft for a great event.  It's been educational and
> entertaining; I'm very much looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to
> the speakers for their informative presentations; I'll be busy
> trying the new ideas from their papers.  And thank you to my fellow
> attendees, it's been great meeting and socializing with all of you.
>
> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and
> I'm glad to be a part of it.
>
> Until LDC 2009

Re: A big thank you!

Pier Kuipers
Couldn't agree more.

I had a wonderful time and it was one of the best experiences I've had
in a long, long time to finally meet up with all of you. Never before
did I have 40 adults singing Happy Birthday to me at the top of their
voice. I will have to add a trip to the LDC to my annual budget as
standard from now on :-)

Also, maybe it's time for the European Lassoers to organise a local
event. I suppose I'm volunteering to start having a think about
organising such an event. Anyone interested?

Missing y'all loads :-(

Pier

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bil Corry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to LassoSoft
> for a great event.  It's been educational and entertaining; I'm very much
> looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their informative
> presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their papers.  And
> thank you to my fellow attendees, it's been great meeting and socializing
> with all of you.
>
> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and I'm glad
> to be a part of it.
>
> Until LDC 2009,
>
> - Bil

Pier Kuipers
Visual ID
Unit S02
Synergy Centre
ITT Tallaght
Dublin 24
Ireland
Tel. +353 1 9022 575
Mobile +353 87 294 3063
Web http://www.visualid.com

Re: A big thank you!

Viaduct Productions
I'm game.  I'd make it over to Europe for that.

On Sep 22, 2008, at 6:40 AM, Pier Kuipers wrote:

> Also, maybe it's time for the European Lassoers to organise a local
> event. I suppose I'm volunteering to start having a think about
> organising such an event. Anyone interested?

Rich in Toronto
...now go get on your bike

Re: A big thank you!

Mark Palmer
Pier,

I'm definitely interested in a European event.

On 22 Sep 2008, at 11:40, Pier Kuipers wrote:

> Couldn't agree more.
>
> I had a wonderful time and it was one of the best experiences I've had
> in a long, long time to finally meet up with all of you. Never before
> did I have 40 adults singing Happy Birthday to me at the top of their
> voice. I will have to add a trip to the LDC to my annual budget as
> standard from now on :-)
>
> Also, maybe it's time for the European Lassoers to organise a local
> event. I suppose I'm volunteering to start having a think about
> organising such an event. Anyone interested?
>
> Missing y'all loads :-(
>
> Pier
>
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bil Corry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to
>> LassoSoft
>> for a great event.  It's been educational and entertaining; I'm
>> very much
>> looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their
>> informative
>> presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their
>> papers.  And
>> thank you to my fellow attendees, it's been great meeting and
>> socializing
>> with all of you.
>>
>> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and
>> I'm glad
>> to be a part of it.
>>
>> Until LDC 2009,
>>
>> - Bil

> Pier Kuipers
> Visual ID
> Unit S02
> Synergy Centre
> ITT Tallaght
> Dublin 24
> Ireland
> Tel. +353 1 9022 575
> Mobile +353 87 294 3063
> Web http://www.visualid.com

Regards

Mark Palmer
E: [hidden email]
T: 01902 620500
W: www.pageworks.co.uk

Re: A big thank you!

Pier Kuipers
I started another thread on this so as not to hijack Bil's thread...

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Mark Palmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pier,
>
> I'm definitely interested in a European event.
>

> On 22 Sep 2008, at 11:40, Pier Kuipers wrote:
>
>> Couldn't agree more.
>>
>> I had a wonderful time and it was one of the best experiences I've had
>> in a long, long time to finally meet up with all of you. Never before
>> did I have 40 adults singing Happy Birthday to me at the top of their
>> voice. I will have to add a trip to the LDC to my annual budget as
>> standard from now on :-)
>>
>> Also, maybe it's time for the European Lassoers to organise a local
>> event. I suppose I'm volunteering to start having a think about
>> organising such an event. Anyone interested?
>>
>> Missing y'all loads :-(
>>
>> Pier
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Bil Corry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to LassoSoft
>>> for a great event.  It's been educational and entertaining; I'm very much
>>> looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their informative
>>> presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their papers.  And
>>> thank you to my fellow attendees, it's been great meeting and socializing
>>> with all of you.
>>>
>>> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and I'm
>>> glad
>>> to be a part of it.
>>>
>>> Until LDC 2009,
>>>
>>> - Bil
>>>

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

>> Pier Kuipers
>> Visual ID
>> Unit S02
>> Synergy Centre
>> ITT Tallaght
>> Dublin 24
>> Ireland
>> Tel. +353 1 9022 575
>> Mobile +353 87 294 3063
>> Web http://www.visualid.com

> Regards
>
> Mark Palmer
> E: [hidden email]
> T: 01902 620500
> W: www.pageworks.co.uk

Pier Kuipers
Visual ID
Unit S02
Synergy Centre
ITT Tallaght
Dublin 24
Ireland
Tel. +353 1 9022 575
Mobile +353 87 294 3063
Web http://www.visualid.com

Re: A big thank you!

Adam de Zoete-2
Yes, i'd be up for anywhere in Europe.

Adam

Pier Kuipers wrote:
> I suppose I'm volunteering to start having a think about
> organising such an event. Anyone interested?

Re: A big thank you!

Chris Wik-3
Thanks for the kind words Bil.

Just arrived home a couple hours ago, time to get back to some real
work!!

Although it was the first LDC I've attended it certainly won't be my
last. Sounds like 2009 could well be in Europe. I'm looking forward to
it already.

Chris

On 21 Sep 2008, at 20:14, Bil Corry wrote:

> Bil Corry wrote on 9/21/2008 8:54 AM:
>> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you"
>
> On the drive home, it struck me that I forgot to thank an important
> part of the conference.  I'd like to send out a huge "thank you" to
> the sponsors who made LDC financially possible: Anu Internet
> Services, Virtual Relations and Falcon Internet.  Be sure to give
> them some love for their generosity!
>

> Chris Wik of Anu Internet Services presented on his Managed Web
> Services during the conference; just a heads up, I've been using his
> service since May and am very very happy with it.  And even though
> I'm in the States and Anu is in Europe, I can't tell any difference
> from when my hosting was in the States.  So check out Anu and tell
> Chris I sent you:
>
> http://www.anu.net/services/10-mws
>

> Brian Loomis of Virtual Relations presented on L-Migrator, but he
> also offers development services and HostedStore.  So if you're
> looking for extra help on a project, or if you need an eCommerce
> solution, I highly recommend checking out Virtual Relations and tell
> Brian I sent you:
>
> http://www.virtualrelations.us/
>

> Marc Pope of Falcon Internet was able to fly in for the last part of
> the conference; he's been busy tricking out Falcon and kicking ass.
> So if you're looking for a hosting solution in the States, be sure
> to check out Falcon and it's rocking new setup and tell Marc I sent
> you:
>
> http://www.falconinternet.net/
>

> - Bil

Re: A big thank you!

Randy Phillips-2
Yes indeed. Hat tip to Kerry for pulling this together long distance.
And that fireworks display he arranged for us during the LPA cruise
was an especially nice touch. Heh.

What impresses me most about the Lasso community is that it has
attracted so many extraordinarily talented people from around the
world. Most of the attendees could easily code in any other language
they wanted to but they've chosen Lasso. That says a lot.

Thanks to all the speakers and sponsors. See you at the next LDC.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Bil Corry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As the last day at LDC wraps up, I wanted to say "thank you" to LassoSoft
> for a great event.  It's been educational and entertaining; I'm very much
> looking forward to LDC 2009.  Props to the speakers for their informative
> presentations; I'll be busy trying the new ideas from their papers.  And
> thank you to my fellow attendees, it's been great meeting and socializing
> with all of you.
>
> It's clear Lasso 9 and our community has a very bright future and I'm glad
> to be a part of it.
>
> Until LDC 2009,
>
> - Bil

Rp

Re: A big thank you!

Trevor Jacques
>Most of the attendees could easily code in any other language they
>wanted to but they've chosen Lasso. That says a lot.

Agreed (even if I could not be there). :-)

T.

Re: A big thank you!

Marc Pope
I might suggest that anyone from the US that would consider going to a
European Summit, start looking into a passport now if you don't have
one. It can be a time-consuming process from what I hear. I've never
been out of the country but this would be a great way to explore. I
also have a couple relatives in Amsterdam, so extra bonus!

Marc