-9948 Error

Patrick Larkin-2
Hello -

Sorry for the avalanche of emails but I'm trying to resolve a lot of
upgrade issues as quickly as possible.  I'm having many issues.  :
(  Upgrade from 6 to 8.5.

A report that was working fine on Lasso 6 dies on me now with this
error code.

-9948
No tag, type or constant was defined under the name "id".

I turned the error reporting on to FULL but I don't understand what
its telling me.  This particular report does issue an SQL statement
to snag the data.  (I understand Lasso can now do a GROUP BY clause?
Thats why I used SQL.)

If anyong can shed light on what to even look for, I'd appreciate it.

Patrick Larkin
Developer/Administrator of Special Systems / Webmaster
Bethlehem Area School District

Re: -9948 Error

Fletcher Sandbeck-3
On 4/27/07 at 2:46 PM, [hidden email] (Patrick Larkin) wrote:

>Sorry for the avalanche of emails but I'm trying to resolve a lot of
>upgrade issues as quickly as possible.  I'm having many
>issues.  :( Upgrade from 6 to 8.5.
>
>A report that was working fine on Lasso 6 dies on me now with this error code.
>
>-9948
>No tag, type or constant was defined under the name "id".
>

>I turned the error reporting on to FULL but I don't understand what
>its telling me.  This particular report does issue an SQL statement to
>snag the data. (I understand Lasso can now do a GROUP BY
>clause? Thats why I used SQL.)
>
>If anyong can shed light on what to even look for, I'd appreciate it.

Look for the word "id" on its own.  Previous versions of Lasso
were forgiving about quote marks so you could do id=4 in an
inline and the quotes would be assumed around the field name.
In "strict syntax" mode Lasso requires that you use quotes
around anything which isn't a tag or variable identifier.

I'd first search for "id".  If there are a lot of hits then
narrow the search by looking for a regexp pattern like:
"[^"'\w]id[^"'\w]" (id with a non-word, non-quote character on
either side).

LassoSoft, LLC                          http://www.lassosoft.com

Re: -9948 Error

Geoffrey C Kinnel
Patrick Larkin wrote:

> Hello -
>
> Sorry for the avalanche of emails but I'm trying to resolve a lot of
> upgrade issues as quickly as possible.  I'm having many issues.  : (
> Upgrade from 6 to 8.5.
>
> A report that was working fine on Lasso 6 dies on me now with this
> error code.
>
> -9948
> No tag, type or constant was defined under the name "id".

A quick thought: Is the text "id" in quotes in the report? That's often
what that error refers to.

Later versions of Lasso are much stricter about quoting.

Geoff

Re: -9948 Error

Patrick Larkin-2
That was it.  Can't believe I forgot quotes.

Thanks a lot.  Saved me a lot of time.