8.5.6 install on Snow L Server

rpdwyer
Hello all.

Just performed a fresh install of 8.5.6 on a new iMac with SL Server.

I can access the Lasso admin page, but lasso is not processing .lasso
files.

I looked for the lasso.conf file but cannot find it in the
documentations suggested location of:

/etc/apache2/other/lasso8.conf

I performed a default install of Lasso.

What has changed in Snow Leopard in regards to installation of Lasso?

Thanks,

  --Rick

Re: 8.5.6 install on Snow L Server

Ke Carlton-3
Had issues as well, turned out that I needed the 64-bit Apache 2
Connector - which was *not* bundled with the installer (assuming it's
the same problem).

I believe I tracked it down in the Lasso 8.5.5 Installer - I'll send
you a copy off list.

Ke

On 1 March 2010 14:06, Rick Dwyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> Just performed a fresh install of 8.5.6 on a new iMac with SL Server.
>
> I can access the Lasso admin page, but lasso is not processing .lasso files.
>
> I looked for the lasso.conf file but cannot find it in the documentations suggested location of:
>
> /etc/apache2/other/lasso8.conf
>
> I performed a default install of Lasso.
>
> What has changed in Snow Leopard in regards to installation of Lasso?
>
> Thanks,
>

>  --Rick

Re: 8.5.6 install on Snow L Server

Brad Lindsay-2

On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Ke Carlton wrote:

> Had issues as well, turned out that I needed the 64-bit Apache 2
> Connector - which was *not* bundled with the installer (assuming it's
> the same problem).

FWIW,
I can verify this issue and that the 8.5.5 connector worked when the 8.5.6 didn't

Brad

On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Brad Lindsay wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Ke Carlton wrote:
>
>> Had issues as well, turned out that I needed the 64-bit Apache 2
>> Connector - which was *not* bundled with the installer (assuming it's
>> the same problem).
>
> FWIW,
> I can verify this issue and that the 8.5.5 connector worked when the
> 8.5.6 didn't

Bizarre.

--Rick

Re: 8.5.6 install on Snow L Server

rpdwyer
Well, I tried the connector... same result.

So I uninstalled 8.5.6 and did an install of 8.5.5... still same
result.... .lasso files are not getting processed.

So I cd to the directory etc followed by an ls and I can see
"apache2".  However, I am not able to cd to apache2 as terminal tells
me the apache2 directory doesn't exist... even though I am looking at
it as the root user.

Where is the Apache httpd.conf file in 10.6 server?

Where is the Lasso.conf file supposed to reside if not in:

/etc/apache2/other/lasso8.conf

  --Rick

On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Ke Carlton wrote:

> Had issues as well, turned out that I needed the 64-bit Apache 2
> Connector - which was *not* bundled with the installer (assuming it's
> the same problem).
>
> I believe I tracked it down in the Lasso 8.5.5 Installer - I'll send
> you a copy off list.
>
> Ke
>
> On 1 March 2010 14:06, Rick Dwyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all.
>>
>> Just performed a fresh install of 8.5.6 on a new iMac with SL Server.
>>
>> I can access the Lasso admin page, but lasso is not
>> processing .lasso files.
>>
>> I looked for the lasso.conf file but cannot find it in the
>> documentations suggested location of:
>>
>> /etc/apache2/other/lasso8.conf
>>
>> I performed a default install of Lasso.
>>
>> What has changed in Snow Leopard in regards to installation of Lasso?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>>  --Rick

Re: 8.5.6 install on Snow L Server

rpdwyer
Well I found lasso8.conf file in /private/etc/apache2/users/
lasso8.conf and verified that it is set to process .lasso files which
it is.

I added the .htm extension as well but lasso also fails to
process .htm files.

I found the httpd.conf file in etc/apache2/httpd.conf

and at the end it contains:

Include /private/etc/apache2/users/lasso8.conf

So, the apache file references the lasso conf file which contains the
default instructions to process .lasso files, but lasso fails to do so.

What would cause lasso to act in this manner?

I am running Lasso in developer mode.... does this have any impact on
the above?

Thanks,

  --Rick

On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Rick Dwyer wrote:

> Well, I tried the connector... same result.
>
> So I uninstalled 8.5.6 and did an install of 8.5.5... still same
> result.... .lasso files are not getting processed.
>
> So I cd to the directory etc followed by an ls and I can see
> "apache2".  However, I am not able to cd to apache2 as terminal
> tells me the apache2 directory doesn't exist... even though I am
> looking at it as the root user.
>
> Where is the Apache httpd.conf file in 10.6 server?
>
> Where is the Lasso.conf file supposed to reside if not in:
>
> /etc/apache2/other/lasso8.conf
>

> --Rick
>

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Ke Carlton wrote:
>
>> Had issues as well, turned out that I needed the 64-bit Apache 2
>> Connector - which was *not* bundled with the installer (assuming it's
>> the same problem).
>>
>> I believe I tracked it down in the Lasso 8.5.5 Installer - I'll send
>> you a copy off list.
>>
>> Ke
>>
>> On 1 March 2010 14:06, Rick Dwyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> Just performed a fresh install of 8.5.6 on a new iMac with SL
>>> Server.
>>>
>>> I can access the Lasso admin page, but lasso is not
>>> processing .lasso files.
>>>
>>> I looked for the lasso.conf file but cannot find it in the
>>> documentations suggested location of:
>>>
>>> /etc/apache2/other/lasso8.conf
>>>
>>> I performed a default install of Lasso.
>>>
>>> What has changed in Snow Leopard in regards to installation of
>>> Lasso?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> --Rick
>>>

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

Re: 8.5.6 install on Snow L Server

rpdwyer
For no discernible reason, after hitting refresh on my page, Lasso
started processing both lasso and .htm pages.

Not really sure why but it works now.

  --Rick

On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Rick Dwyer wrote:

> Well I found lasso8.conf file in /private/etc/apache2/users/
> lasso8.conf and verified that it is set to process .lasso files
> which it is.
>
> I added the .htm extension as well but lasso also fails to
> process .htm files.
>
> I found the httpd.conf file in etc/apache2/httpd.conf
>
> and at the end it contains:
>
> Include /private/etc/apache2/users/lasso8.conf
>
> So, the apache file references the lasso conf file which contains
> the default instructions to process .lasso files, but lasso fails to
> do so.
>
> What would cause lasso to act in this manner?
>
> I am running Lasso in developer mode.... does this have any impact
> on the above?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Rick
>

> On Mar 1, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Rick Dwyer wrote:
>
>> Well, I tried the connector... same result.
>>
>> So I uninstalled 8.5.6 and did an install of 8.5.5... still same
>> result.... .lasso files are not getting processed.
>>
>> So I cd to the directory etc followed by an ls and I can see
>> "apache2".  However, I am not able to cd to apache2 as terminal
>> tells me the apache2 directory doesn't exist... even though I am
>> looking at it as the root user.
>>
>> Where is the Apache httpd.conf file in 10.6 server?
>>
>> Where is the Lasso.conf file supposed to reside if not in:
>>
>> /etc/apache2/other/lasso8.conf
>>

>> --Rick
>>

>> On Mar 1, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Ke Carlton wrote:
>>
>>> Had issues as well, turned out that I needed the 64-bit Apache 2
>>> Connector - which was *not* bundled with the installer (assuming
>>> it's
>>> the same problem).
>>>
>>> I believe I tracked it down in the Lasso 8.5.5 Installer - I'll send
>>> you a copy off list.
>>>
>>> Ke

>>> --
>>> This list is a free service of LassoSoft: http://www.LassoSoft.com/

Re: 8.5.6 install on Snow L Server

JP-14
I think it's boiling down to group permissions on the /private/etc/
apache2/users folder

Can Lasso "see" that file?   Can Apache "see" that file as well?  What
I'm saying is that can the httpd and lasso user/group accounts see
the /private/etc/apache2/user folder?

If one doesn't have the permission to read the file, it's not going to
get read/processed.

jp