102 Error Field is Missing

John Torres
Just want a basic update page with the option to either delete or update the
record. I have the delete function working just fine. This leads me to
believe that my Lasso code is fairly well put together.

However, I am having troubles with the update portion. Seems kind of basic,
but it looks like FileMaker is the culprit on this one. I am working with a
database I personally did not create which becomes the tricky part. I have
multiple indexed fields, one of which is auto-enter serial, and one
calculation field.

What would be happening on FM's end to send back this error?

"Update Response
An error has occurred. (102 Error while performing FileMaker database
-update action. Field is missing.)"

John J. Torres
The Ohio State University
Email: [hidden email]

Re: 102 Error Field is Missing

Rick Draper
Hi John,

Error 102 is that one of the fields referenced is not on the layout
being used.  This is typically a typographical error (eg. field name
"Something" written as "Someting", but might also be a case of the file
being corrupted so that the layout is not working correctly via the Web
Connector.

Very best regards,

Rick
Phone: (07) 3297-0297 [Int+61-7-3297-0297]
Fax: (07) 3802-1680 [Int+61-7-3802-1680]
Mobile/Cell: 0411 595 830 [Int+61-0411-595-830]